Jiji's Indoor LED Soil, Blue Cheese Grow Journal 2017

your girl won't die from water! she will actually leach nutrients into your reservoir in an effort to find a balance between the salty nutes and pure water. if your monitoring the res your an actually watch this happen until the res will eventually stabilize at whatever the water your using. your girls will suck up water and poop out nutes and until you do it you really won't know what a flush is and how a plant actually drinks and feeds. Plus it makes the good smoke!

My 2Cents is why try to make all your smoke the same. get some amber stuff and some more clear/ cloudy stuff and see what you like the best. Its only weed and you can get your next grow in sooner anyway. It aint gonna be bad either way.

Gauge

Thanks for the input Gauge! I'm not sure what you mean by monitoring the res, can you please decode that for me?

Usually I prefer to have a smoke with same strong potency, it's kinda more efficient and I smoke less from it.

In the last weeks I have minimized the feeding and as I'm looking her day after day in my opinion there is probably already some deficit of nutes in the soil and I guess because of that she started immediately sucking elements mainly from she's own leaves as soon she reached some plain water rather than sucking what was left in the soil from the previous feeding. Maybe in that case the flushing period will be just shorter than 2 weeks?

What's still bothering me is that all of the fan leaves on the main 8 colas have started rapid yellowing and dying but below them is hiding a nice greeny bush with a lot of smaller buds with white pistils on them and a lot of healthy looking small leaves. They look like if I keep them a few more weeks will become bigger and more potent. Or that's just an illusion and the plant will die by it's internal clock no mater what I'm doing?

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 119 Timelapse - Day 75 Flowering

The temp was 28C
Humidity 56%
No watering

www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day119_wide.gif
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day119_close.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Thanks for the input Gauge! I'm not sure what you mean by monitoring the res, can you please decode that for me?

Usually I prefer to have a smoke with same strong potency, it's kinda more efficient and I smoke less from it.

Best Regards,
Jiji

Sorry, I forgot your in soil, not hydro.
Potency in cloudy trichs may even be "stronger" than in Amber. Once in Amber your THC will start to degrade. I'm on my phone but there is lot of good reading on the subject on how THC changes. A very basic run down cloudy is buzzy and Amber is couch lock.
Gauge

Depending on how you like your buzz, your maybe a day or two away if not there for the plant.

That is just my 2 cents. If it were my plant I would think about the next 24/48 hours.

Looking awesome!!!

Day 120 - Day 76 Flowering

The temp was 29C
Humidity 48%
No watering

In a day or two I'll harvest the main 8 colas, then I will wait to see what will happen with the bush that's left for a few days.

www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day120_wide.gif
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day120_close.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 121 - Day 77 Flowering

The temp was 30C
Humidity 42%
Watered with 4.5L plain water, pH6.5

www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day121_wide.gif
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day121_close.gif

As I'm looking tomorrow will be the first harvest :)

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 122 Timelapse - Day 78 Flowering

Today it was a harvest day :) it took me about half day to trim all buds.
First I've cut out all main colas...

www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day122_wide.gif

IMG_123144.jpg
IMG_123346.jpg
IMG_124352.jpg
IMG_124441.jpg

... then I took a few macro shots of the smaller buds that were underneath and they looked relatively cloudy so at that moment I decided to cut everything at once...

IMG_125445.jpg
IMG_125537.jpg
IMG_125832.jpg
IMG_126330.jpg

... the benefit is that now I can use the tent for the drying all at once :)

IMG_126842.jpg
IMG_126735.jpg
IMG_127438.jpg
IMG_127031.jpg
IMG_126440.jpg
IMG_126637.jpg

Hope not to mess something with the drying, as I read around the net I found some different statements about the time needed for a perfect dry and on one place they say you need 3-4 day on other they say 4-10 days of drying which is pretty big difference. What you guys will suggest on that mater? Also the optimal conditions should be are around 21C and 50% humidity. I definitely can't reach such low temperature, I think that it will be something around 26C-28C. Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Best Regards,
Jiji

Very nice harvest Jiji. You did right by chopping completely. Make sure there is airflow in the tent they are drying in. My drying times lately have been about 5 days. A lot depends on the rh of the room they are drying in. I'm sure you will do well. :bravo:

hang it or them upside down till its dry. No extra fan other than the exhaust for your tent. A fan blowing on it will dry the outside and make you think the inside of the bud is dry. You will jar and then fight humidity and possible mold if it is too wet.

i believe 10 days won't hurt your bud! Why? as soon as you jar it, the humidity will rise within the jar, which is fine because you are going to have to burp them during the cure anyhow.

What i am trying to say is, dry it till you think its good enough and then add a day or two. If you don't it will smell like hay.

Bovida packs only stabilize humidity. The don't fix humidity. Once you get your stash to whatever you like it. i.e. 55% placing a 60% Bovida pack won't make it 60% and vice versa.

With so many amber trichs get a cheap mirror and trim over it as those ambers are going to break off and fall everywhere. Collect all that and each time you trim you can either press it into rosin or make hash.

Take your time have fun and don't stress. enjoy the fruits of an incredible grow!

Gauge

Curing stops at 55%. Use Boveda 62. And if you are in range of the 62%, Boveda will control the rh in the jars. In sealed jars the rh of the plant and the rh of the sealed air should be the same.

If your temps are higher, I would opt for a longer dry.

Drying short with high temps might make the outside very dry quick while the inside is still pretty moist.

Don't forget weights. Us weed nerds dig that stuff.

Looks like it will be excellent smoke.

Thank you everyone for the awesome help that you guys gave me! I really appreciate it :)

Today is the 4th day of drying.

Trough all those days the temp inside the tent was between 19C and 25C also humidity was between 50% and 62%. Maybe tonight will put them in jars because the outside start to feel dry on touch :) Unfortunately Boveda 62 pack is still on it's way and will come after 3-4 days, hope it will not be too late.

Will post again some harvest info when I move the buds to the jars. Also I'm thinking about how can make and upload here the mega time lapse from all days, probably will have to be very fast one and with small screen resolution so to keep the file size smaller as well?

Best Regards,
Jiji

Thank you everyone for the awesome help that you guys gave me! I really appreciate it :)

Unfortunately Boveda 62 pack is still on it's way and will come after 3-4 days, hope it will not be too late.

Jiji

You do not need Boveda's. Trust me. They are great for maintaining humidity thats already in range.

Gauge

Back
Top Bottom