2nd Grow - Barneys Blue Cheese - HID

0061619.JPG
0022170.JPG
0012204.JPG

Sorry mate i cant help you, im learning myself. Be patient im sure someone will pipe up soon. If not post a thread in plant problems section with a link to your grow also ad a signature to the bottom of your comment box and more people will find your journal.

Looking good my friend :)
Low fans going yellow is due to lack of light via overshadowing normally. I mean it can be that they're hungry as well but its a normal process with all my girls :)

Check the newer foliage for better indications on where your plants at :)

thanks light addict,
the lower biggest fan leafs suddenly started turning yellow quite quickly so because im now 16 days into flowering i thought it was either their energy being used up by the flowering or lack of light penetration or lack of nitrogen. i fed the plant with a veg nuit on sat and the yellowing/dying appears to of slowed.
im only using a 250 watt bulb. i lst'd the stem(tied the top/tallest stem over to equalize the bud heights.
im thinking the 250 wont be enough to grow the last 3 seeds i have at once prob 2 at most?

mate i love them pictures , have you any of the leaves you are explaining ? they sometimes do that then sort them selves out , ive had it few times my self, :)

thanks paddysmoke,
theres pics if u scroll up. at this stage the biggest fan leaves are dying but appears to slowed i think after giving a veg feed. i didnt feed the plant much during veg as my belief is the potting compost will have plenty food in it to be used up. so prob about 4-5 weeks before it got any food. i plan to feed it sooner next time.
i have been using the gas lamp routine which fools the plant into thinking its time to start flowering so it speeds up bud stem growth and saves money.
that same routine might of speeded up the natural process of the buds using up big fan leafs energy.
i'll post some pics anyway as that gives me a reason to go look at my plant again :thumb:

Watering my plant,
I have been trying to work out how much and how often to water my plant by trial and error. It is probably the most common mistake made by inexperienced growers so maybe what i have found by what iv'e learnt on this site and watching my plants response will be helpful to others but if anyone disagrees then they should say so.

Don't use moisture gauges to decide on whether your plant requires watering. You must lift the pot and feel the weight to decide.

I use a paint tray to sit my pot in to catch the "run off" from watering. the good thing about it is that the pot never sits in water as the pot sits on the upper level of the paint tray allowing the "run off" to drain away to the lower section of the tray.

It means that you can't really give it too much water on the watering day. Infact more water less often seems the key to a healthy happy plant.
I have my plant in quite a big pot as this means it should never get root bound and have experimented with quantity of water and the amount of days between watering. Some people have said that 1.5 litres of water seemed too much to be giving my plant but I was only getting less than half a cup of water "run off". I reduced it to 1.0 litre and was getting no "run off"

I had been watering my plant every second day and making judgements by a moisture gauge but that was wrong.
What I did instead is watered it on a sat then left it sun, mon, tues and lifted the pot to feel the weight. On the tues the pot was really light as it would get. I gave it 1.5 litres of water and got no "run off" so gave it another 0.5 litres and then got "run off" of probably less than a cup full.
Now my plant looks really healthy with two dry days and feeding every second watering.

Back
Top Bottom