Blue Dream In Hempy Buckets With Modified Light Schedule

Backbuilding is a technique that LA (Light Addict) speaks about here its used to force the buds to swell up more and get denser.

Thanks for the link raz, I was familiar with the term but forgot the process. I do remember reading that thread a while ago, though. Supercropping has those same effects that you mention and I definitely noticed that the last time I tried it. I think I'm seeing it again on this grow, but probably not quite as much.

nice job Gorgor I hope you are liking Hempy stlye as much as I am. I am torn as to when to put mine in flower, not sure how much they will stretch, I haven't grown these strains so I may give it another week or two.

Hi cannaruss, I know what you mean about the 'when to flip' decision. I was going to start flower for this grow earlier than when I did, but veged out a little longer based on the appearance of the plants at the time.

I like the Hempy style, but for my next grow I'll probably go back to my 'traditional' style with a coco/perlite blend and some AirPots. The prime reason being that I just want to get that grow style journalled and I keep kicking myself in the butt for not already doing that. I want the ability to do a compare and contrast between the two styles. To that end, I've already got some more BD seeds on order so the Strawberry Cough will have to wait for a subsequent grow.

Flower / Day 65

Well, it's been a couple of weeks of pretty much nothing...except for the ripening of the plants. There's still more orange pistils on Laura (left), but Rhoda (right) is catching up.

bd2_33.jpg

I find it curious though, that the cloudy trikes are similar in number on both plants despite the disparity in the color of the pistils. At this point, it is still rare to find an amber trike and the cloudy/clear ration is maybe 33%/67% when looked at under the scope. Since this is now day 65 of flower, the chop day of my last Blue Dream grow (75 days) looks like it will be pretty much the same for these girls despite the different light schedule.

bd2_34.jpg

This hempy style and watering schedule will come in real handy next week. I have CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia...which is a relatively minor form) and will be vacationing in the hospital starting Monday to get my first round of chemo treatments. Fortunately, I'll be home by Thursday which would put me right on track...or just a little late...with my regular watering schedule. But my wife is pretty happy that since I'll only be gone for a few days she won't have to clean any of the cat litter boxes.

Flower / Day 79 / Chop

First, thanks for all of the well wishes and positive vibes.

Here are the before and after pictures of the plants. The harvest time was based on a mix of cloudy and milky trichome heads and this one went a few days longer than my last BD. I would have preferred to have seen a few more amber trichomes under the scope, but maybe I just missed them.

bd2_35.jpg

bd2_36.jpg

Here's a pic of the harvest. I did a mix of drying basket for the smaller stems and hanging the bigger branches. I'll need to spend a little more time manicuring them before I place the buds in a curing container. Right now the bigger stems look kinda rough...sorta like my brother-in-law usually trims.:cheesygrinsmiley:

bd2_37.jpg

When I was in the hospital, I 'borrowed' some nitrile gloves and have to admit that they were a real joy to use.

Last harvest I severely overdried the crop, but the Humidipaks bought them back to life very nicely. I wanted to keep more stem on this crop to extend the drying time and to help with the low ambient humidity here in Pottsylania.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom