Blue Dream In Hempy Buckets With Modified Light Schedule

I should have used this technique. I started seeds in unknown peatmoss and 9 of my 13 seeds died. wont make that mistake again. started the last 4 in peat pellets and transplanted into hempy buckets. good luck on your grow

Tead's been hitting 100% success rates just planting the seeds directly into his perlite hempy pots... no muss, no fuss... and no need for a transplant or introduction of peat into his perlite only buckets.

Oh look... Tead's having fun referring to himself in the third person this morning. Crazy damn old stoners... always doing the craziest random things.

OK, just mixed some fresh nutes and gave the girls a drink. Up until now, or at least more recently, I've been premixing the nutes for a couple of days in order to stabilize the pH.

BRF's understanding is that the pH range of the AN mix might rise but the formulation/chelation of the nutes allows them to uptake outside of the traditional pH of a hydro type grow.

So I'm going to take BRF's approach because this would be the easiest way for me to do things if it works. I did not even measure the pH...and that's a first for me since I'm so anal about it. I mean, I'm seeing some of the 'lazy' aspects of Hempy and this would be the laziest way for me. So for now, I'm going to try taking the 'What, Me Worry?' approach...and will be changing my avatar to reflect my new found, free swinging grow style! Unless it doesn't work, of course.

Thanks AngryBird! I was wondering if you know anything about making lotions. I made my wife something out of coconut oil, beeswax and grape seed oil plus some essential oil (forget which one). She says it works well on her muscle pain, but not so much for nerve pain. Her only negative comment is that it seems to leave a film or buildup of some sort on her skin, which I presume is due to the beeswax...but don't know. If you've got any ideas on creams or lotions using canna coconut oil (still have some in the fridge), please let me know.

Flower/Day 16

bd2_21.jpg

Everything looks good and healthy. Currently following the AN nutes chart at about 2/3 strength. There's some very minor tip burn, but probably won't cut back just yet. The diminishing light schedule is now in effect and now on for 11 1/2 hrs/day.

The pheno on the left is a couple inches taller than the one on the right and measures a little over 2 feet tall...using my foot as a point of reference. I haven't pruned in the past week and it's probably a little overdue at the moment, so will address that in the next couple of days.

Hi Gorgar
I haven't made myself yet since I still wait for harvesting..and waiting and waiting...:)
Feel free to come to SweetSue's Cannabis oil thread plenty to read but full of recipes :)
SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

Also try our home remedies thread. You can add any of the pain relief ingredients too ( see my signature home remedies a community project

Hope she will find relief :circle-of-love:

Tead, this will probably be the only time that I can say this, but I'm way ahead of you. I grew the same strain on my last grow and liked it so much that I grew it again. My mistake was that I only grew one plant last time. I also wish that I had journaled that grow so that I could compare it to this one.

It would be tough for me to describe the smell, because I've got a terrible sense of smell. My BD stash is also in a container mixed in with some other stuff, but it is separated with a divider so I can tell them apart. I'll try to remember to stick my nose in there the next time that I open the container, though.

I saw in your journal that you were growing some OG Kush. When I looked it up there seemed to be a number of phenos of it with a wide range of effects between the sativa dominant and indica dominant hybrids. What is the Dinafem version like?

My mistake was that I only grew one plant last time.

I can certainly appreciate those words. It really seems to be an incredible strain. I've actually had several different versions of it over the years and it really has been a consistently enjoyable smoke.

What is the Dinafem version like?

Evil... in the very best of ways. I've become quite used to it, but my regular smokin buddy stops communicating all together after the third or fourth bowl. It's a heavy, plant your ass in the couch kind of high. Taste and smell are very enjoyable too. It's slowish in veg but ridiculously fast to bloom out. Does well in the humidity and heat.
Doesn't clone worth a damn... but I do it anyway. I've been running the exact same genetic copy for a couple of years now via cloning.

I had been meaning to post a pic of the screen I'm using in the Hempys, so here it is:

footvalve.jpg

It's a half inch foot valve screen and I don't even know what a foot valve is, although I suspect it has something to do with a sump pump. I've been waiting to see if it clogs up, but up to this point the buckets are still draining readily. Just hoping that this continues (fingers crossed).

Back
Top Bottom