2nd Grow - Barneys Blue Cheese - HID

leafty

hi folks, this is my 2nd grow and first one was over 4 year ago that wasnt the greatest but a good learning curve.
i have one or two questions and maybe you can help a bit. heres the details of my grow:
LOCATION- insulated attic/loft cupboard in tent
PLANT STRAIN-barneys blue cheese
PLANT FLOWERING-i think conventional but unsure if its an auto flower or conventional as seeds were bought about 3 year ago and gas lamp routine seems to encourage more pistol development
PLANT QUANTITY-one plant
ROOTED IN- budget potting soil with about 40% perlite. seems to drain well but does contain some moisture retain media
PLANT POT SIZE-roughly between 5-10 litre square pots
TENT SIZE-80cm/80cm/160cm
LIGHTING-250 watt duel spectrum HID 33000 lumens
LIGHTING CYCLE-gas lamp routine
AIR INTAKE-passive drawn from out door air
AIR EXHAUST-10CM/4INCH INLINE FAN exiting via house chimney breast manually switched on while light is running and when humidity creeps up
COOLING-oscillating fan
SMELL FILTRATION-currently passing through 3 home made inline carbon filters with purchased filter available when/if needed
TEMPERATURE AT CANOPY LIGHTS ON-27'C-29'C/ 80.6'F-84.2'F
TEMPERATURE AT CANOPY LIGHTS OFF-18'C-20'C/ 64.4'F-68'F
CURRENT HUMIDITY AT LIGHTS ON- lowest about 35%, highest about 75%
CURRENT HUMIDITY AT LIGHTS OFF- peaking at 75-85%
LIGHTS OUT TEMP CONTROL-provided by thermostatic radiator connected to house heating system
SEED PLANTED-baby jesus had sprouted from germination and then planted on christmas day and will be 8 weeks old on the 20th feb
CURRENT PLANT HEIGHT-17 inches.
WATERING-every 2-3 days 1-1.5 litres of water
PLANT FOOD-miracle grow used once last week and today i received biobizz bio bloom npk 2.0- 7- 4 but no feeding instructions included.
Thats my set up.
any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated.
plant appears really healthy to me with only the odd leaf curl apparent.
i will get some high resolution pics posted when i suss that out.
I switched the plant to flowering cycle 12/12 2 days ago and its already multiplied the pistol development.
need help with plant nutrient feeding?

06938.JPG

I would like to explain a bit more about the filtration im using and how iv configured it.
ok so i know how strong a smell comes from this weed so i didnt want to take chances growing it.
while planning the grow i decided to use the chimney im growing beside as it was the highest point so it gives a natural rise out the grow area and taking the smell away from neighbours just next door. I had 2 spare carbon cooker hood extractor cartridges and i also ordered 500 grams of activated carbon pellets. along with buying a proper carbon filter and inline fan.
I cut a hole into chimney breast and screwed a hood filter over the hole. the hood filter has a shoulder on it allowing one end of it to fit neatly into something and sealing at the shoulder. then i made a wooden box wider than the filter and cut a neat hole the same size as the filter end and a hole at the other end and screwed the other filter over it. the other thing i did was got about 2 metres of garden hose and cut a hole in the side of the box to fit the hose neatly and ran the hose to an area where i could access it and plugged the end. this meant that at any time i could smell what the air being released out the chimney. i then made another box and fitted two bits of mesh into it forming a carbon pellet partition with small enough holes not to let the carbon pellets through then cut another hole at the end of that box to attach my exhaust ducting and silicone sealed everything together. i put up a false ceiling below filled the void with glass wool insulation and also fitted my exhaust fan there as it was pretty noisy below but now i have silence in the bedroom directly below so any lady friends would suspect nothing. i never took any pics but will after harvest .

should i be concerned about the lower leaves drooping?
what range should i aim for with humidity temps be for this strain?
i have biobizz bio bloom nutrient with no instructions, how should i feed and measures for the plant?
should i increase breeze on plant at this stage to increase stem strength?

Help needed!
i noticed about a week or so ago that i had one new leaf growth that was curling down at the sides so i didnt get overly concerned but today i have noticed quite a few new growth leaves doin the same. iv also noticed that purpling of the big leaf stems appears to be spreading and starting to effect the bud stems.
im thinking maybe under feeding as i didnt feed the plant for the first month. i have used miracle grow in veg but halved the recommended doseage and fed every second watering. watering every 2 days now. just gave the plant its first bloom feed tonight.

ok i think its due to under watering. i have been giving it 1.5 litres of water mostly every 2 days. it drains well and i have been using a gauge to check moisture which always reads as dry after 2 days. i have been trying to stop humidity rising when lights out and yesterday i decided to leave tent door open and today humidity has been at the target level with lights off so i think this is why the plant has suffered and showed more signs of leaf curl today as humidity has been kept down.

i will try a 0.5ltr of water every morning to see if the problem goes away

So 13 days into flowering and some of the bottom fan leafs have turned yellow and are dying. now if im right this is a natural process in flowering at mid to end stage but i am only 13 days in.
i have been using the gas lamp routine in veg so that makes me wonder if that has speeded up the natural process or i have a lack nitrogen.
i have gave the plant a feed of nitrogen rich nuits just to be sure as i didnt feed the plant much in veg with the belief that what ever resources were present in the potting soil should be used up before feeding so the plant was 4-5 weeks old before i gave it half a measure of the recommended amount of miracle grow nuits which has a high percentage of nitrogen.
i will post some pics once lights come on.

Back
Top Bottom