Jonny's Basement

hahaha. well yeah that is a legitamite strategy you heard about. makes sense, don't it?

I jsut harvested a (non-pruned) very thick mutant blueberry clone bush - its lower nodes had bud, resiny sticky white (totally white) buds. no chlorophyll in them at all because they never got any light.

you can cut the tops or cut the bottoms man I like my tops to fill out more so I cut the bottom.

Ok Ok...I finally got my ass over here! ha!

Now I gotta go through 23 pages! : P

And roam the entire site...Sweet! I didint know your girls were that big! They have gotten so big from the last time I saw them! Very nice!

DaC

HAha whats up man!

Here's some more recent ones from two days ago... Forgot to put up ~

Flowering closet
010203.jpg

Trainwreck bud - 2 weeks to go or so.
004300.jpg

White Widow Bud- 2 more weeks or so
005288.jpg

Northern Lights Buds
003308.jpg

Undergrowth
009207.jpg
[/QUOTE]

woo Beautiful!! Thx for the pics : )

How many gallons of water do you go through every day?

I know when one of my plants that size&old she was drinking about a gal a day! : P

Laters
DaC

woo Beautiful!! Thx for the pics : )

How many gallons of water do you go through every day?

I know when one of my plants that size&old she was drinking about a gal a day! : P

Laters
DaC

I go through about 1 1/2 - 3 gallons a day. Depending on when I changed the res, she drinks a lot more towards the beginning of the res change cycle.
But yeah, their a bunch of thirsty bitches.

ha! Well Im glad I have my mother in DWC and im putting clones into soil. Im hopping to improve flavor and save on some $$. But I know in soil im more likely to run into problems : /

Oh well Ill just see what happins. I have to give the whole "cloning" Thing another try...
I got a few different things to try this time : )

Laters
DaC

check out my aerocloner thread.
in my sig

Well... Going straight to water was a great idea. I swear overnight - my trichs turned from 99% cloudy to 50/50 - So I'm right where I want to be . So... My underbuds still have a while to go as there was hardly any light penetration due to the thick canopy. So I'm not sure If I want to cut the plants down to the stock. I've heard from one very experienced grower that is the only way to do it. And I heard from another very experienced grower that its a waste of time. I'm leaving it up to you.

Should I -

Cut the plants main Colas leaving the undergrowth and as much healthy foliage as possible. Grow them out for another two weeks or so and see what I get? I've heard it can almost double your harvest - and its a waste of time - What do you think? Curious?

Or

Should I cut the plants down to stalk and save the premature buds for the bubblebags I'm ordering within the week? That'll be one heck of a Hash Harvest. And then I can also give you that " cloning into a Deep Water Culture system" tutorial within the week.

~Let me know~

I'd like to see you do a staged harvest - that's what I'm trying this time... :smokin:

Only thing I can say so far is I'm doing a better job trimming with only a couple buds each time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Several times, I have tried HARVESTING IN PARTS, and it was a bust. I removed the upper 1/3 larger buds, and two weeks later, everything looked the same.

I'd like to see someone else do it, just to see what happens, but I will never waste my time doing it.

so what does he do im sorta in the same ballpark. wait untill the bottom buds are done? what will the main cola be like at that point?

Several times, I have tried HARVESTING IN PARTS, and it was a bust. I removed the upper 1/3 larger buds, and two weeks later, everything looked the same.

I'd like to see someone else do it, just to see what happens, but I will never waste my time doing it.

Rose, I have heard that if you " plug" the wound on the top of the cut with a putty or tape or both, it doesn't pose as much as a shock. The plant recuperates in a day or so, and continues growth.
I've also hear your take on it. But, really i figure I have nothing to lose at this point. I need to keep the light on for the trainwreck which hasn't finished yet. So I might as well see if I can get anything extra out of it. I'm going to hit it hard. No Mercy. Pull all the big buds and branches out. Leaving whats left.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I love experiments... :bongrip:

eh. If im ever torn between two techniques that I want to try. I do both!

Just do half full harvest and leave a couple with undergrowth. If the undergrowth
fattens up then you'll know next time to leave all of them : )

Laters
DaC

Jonny - In my honest opinion, you would really be wasting your time waiting for the new growth. You have clones ready, right? I wouldn't bother.

You are looking at 2 weeks for the plants to start growing anything again. Then another couple weeks to get something worth while. You could have a decent crop growing from clone in that time.

I take all that underbud and mix it in with my trim. I then make bubblehash, hash oils, and butter with the "extra".

My 2 cents anyway.

And for what its worth, I've tried the partial harvest. Wont waste my time again. Best of luck either way Jonny. Maybe in my case it was the technique. Who knows?

Well... Going straight to water was a great idea. I swear overnight - my trichs turned from 99% cloudy to 50/50 - So I'm right where I want to be . So... My underbuds still have a while to go as there was hardly any light penetration due to the thick canopy. So I'm not sure If I want to cut the plants down to the stock. I've heard from one very experienced grower that is the only way to do it. And I heard from another very experienced grower that its a waste of time. I'm leaving it up to you.

Should I -

Cut the plants main Colas leaving the undergrowth and as much healthy foliage as possible. Grow them out for another two weeks or so and see what I get? I've heard it can almost double your harvest - and its a waste of time - What do you think? Curious?

Or

Should I cut the plants down to stalk and save the premature buds for the bubblebags I'm ordering within the week? That'll be one heck of a Hash Harvest. And then I can also give you that " cloning into a Deep Water Culture system" tutorial within the week.

~Let me know~

I tried this "double harvest" method, as desrcibed by Uncle Ben. It took about two weeks for any new growth too kick in and in my opinion was not worth the time. I ended up making hash out of most of the buds anyways. Just my 2 cents!

Back
Top Bottom