Jon's First Outdoor Grow: Sugar Breath Photoperiod & Strawberry Banana Autoflower

Lmao. Hey Jon. I have journal. Lmao. That's funny. Bro. . I want win bro. Be all I can be . Type sht. But yeah I do ask questions. Old grower got to learn you knew guys techniques and sht. . really to complicated for me tho. I just grow to smoke that sht. Lmao

Lmao. Hey Jon. I have journal. Lmao. That's funny. Bro. . I want win bro. Be all I can be . Type sht. But yeah I do ask questions. Old grower got to learn you knew guys techniques and sht. . really to complicated for me tho. I just grow to smoke that sht. Lmao
Duh. I see what's up. I missed the Open Journals Closed Journals small print stuff in your signature. I'm a dumbass. Lol. Still didn't find it til just now, just happened to see your journal name in bold at the bottom. Anyway, I'm in now. Lmao.

Duh. I see what's up. I missed the Open Journals Closed Journals small print stuff in your signature. I'm a dumbass. Lol. Still didn't find it til just now, just happened to see your journal name in bold at the bottom. Anyway, I'm in now. Lmao.
LoL. That's funny. Yeah I'm smoking sht. And just asking questions lmao. . Hell wait till I really am smoking . Lmao. I will joke mess with. And fk with people left and right.. I love that sht.. makes life fun. And what's not fun smoking some sht. And laughing. Lmao.
I just have to grow my own. Wife want let me buy it..

LoL. That's funny. Yeah I'm smoking sht. And just asking questions lmao. . Hell wait till I really am smoking . Lmao. I will joke mess with. And fk with people left and right.. I love that sht.. makes life fun. And what's not fun smoking some sht. And laughing. Lmao.
I just have to grow my own. Wife want let me buy it..
With you on that one my man! And you even answered my next question! Damn wife.... LOL.

With you on that one my man! And you even answered my next question! Damn wife.... LOL.
I swear. . she mean ole B. Want let me do anything and she used to smoke more I ever had. In high school. She was pure pot head. I just dragged raced got drunk. Partied hard. Smoke was a common thing with us . Cheep . Now it's like 10 bucks a gram. Like what hell is a gram . What happen to quarter bags being 9 or 8 grams. Hell that cost 90 bucks. We got that sht. For like 15 bucks for bag. . hell they getting Rich now. Yeah it's better now. That's because didn't go out find the good sht. All Mexican dirt weed but got ya high. Lmao.

Firstly...
Also, supercropping in flower is not for the weak hearted, but I have done it at least through the end of stretch.
That made me push a poop out just thinking about it! Thankfully I'm on the john..Jon...

Get it...get it? No...ok moving on.

only 76 pages behind and no chance I'm going to get caught up. So I'll do my best to keep up along the way. Blessings Jon.

I seems like the only way to deal with this is to raise temps to 27+
Good call. That should definitely help lower the RH. Many other ways to accomplish lower RH.

I'm still learning new ways to get things dialed in. Never stop learning! Along the way, print yourself up a VPD chart and see how close you are to being in ideal ranges for your growth stages. Some equatorial genetics may need different parameters though. Most of what we all grow is balanced hybrids so a generic VPD chart has helped me a lot.

Firstly...

That made me push a poop out just thinking about it! Thankfully I'm on the john..Jon...

Get it...get it? No...ok moving on.

only 76 pages behind and no chance I'm going to get caught up. So I'll do my best to keep up along the way. Blessings Jon.

Good call. That should definitely help lower the RH. Many other ways to accomplish lower RH.

I'm still learning new ways to get things dialed in. Never stop learning! Along the way, print yourself up a VPD chart and see how close you are to being in ideal ranges for your growth stages. Some equatorial genetics may need different parameters though. Most of what we all grow is balanced hybrids so a generic VPD chart has helped me a lot.
Lol, @BakedARea! It's an old one but a classic, how can you not laugh? Here's another one. My last name sounds something like the word "horny." I'm not going to spell it out, but it's close enough in the pronunciation that between Jon - John toilet jokes and horny Jon horny Jon jokes (well, at least that one was accurate, lol), I took my share of shi- in school. I still laugh at Jon-John though, and it's also what my mom has called me affectionately my whole life. So without intending to, you hit a lot of cool notes with that dumb joke. Thanks, actually.

Raising the temp for Rh. Yes, I've known that since the beginning, but it's not as easy as it sounds. I have no space heater to heat the room itself, nor a small heater that I wouldn't wanna put inside the tent anyway. But I think I figured it out last night. I watched the weather on my weather app supreme very closely from about 5 pm on. Specifically looking at humidity. The Apple Blossom goes to bed at 5 pm, at which time she's at around 76 degrees and 45-50% Rh, which is exactly where I and she want it. The AC unit runs on low overnight, cuz that gives me overnight temps of around 68-70, and keeps the RH steady at 50, maybe 55%. BUT ONLY IF I CLOSE THE GARAGE DOOR AS SOON AS THE RH GOES HIGHER THAN 65% OUTSIDE!!! So I watched the weather, having figured that out in my head, and as soon as the RH went to 66 I closed the garage door for the night. That not only kept the room at around 72 degrees instead of 62, it also kept the massive overnight RH out of the room. When I woke the girl up today at 5 am, she was at 71 degrees and 54% RH. That I can live with overnight. And if I turn the AC unit to high at night, the RH will come down more. So will the temp, to around 65. That is for late budding, I won't begin that too soon anymore. I have now seen and learned how I am compromising my buds when I begin that as early as I have been.

So I'm feeling pretty good about it this morning. Thanks!

Best thing to do is to stop taking trichome pics of it! :)

Also, supercropping in flower is not for the weak hearted, but I have done it at least through the end of stretch.
LOL. I know! I can't! It's an addiction. Besides, I need the practice, my trichome shots suck. But it's funny, Shed, it took me a while, but I've finally learned that the less I'm in the tent, the better it is for everyone involved. :rofl:

It's tuff getting pic thru little bitty hole on camera. Lmao it is
What do you put your cell phone lens up to the lens of the scope? If that's how you do it I bet it's damn near impossible. Nice pic.

What do you put your cell phone lens up to the lens of the scope? If that's how you do it I bet it's damn near impossible. Nice pic.
Yeah only way I can do it. But I have microscope so it's little hole and little hole. Make it tuff.

Trichome Pic Practice
Flower Day 67

Like I said, @InTheShed, I need the practice. I think I did better today, and even mixed it up for you. Lol. Also, @Moony, and @StoneOtter, fellow current Dos Si Dos growers, you may find this interesting.

This first pic is my best trichome shot yet of the Strawberry Lemonade, and you can clearly see in this picture that we have a while to go yet.

These next two are the first Dos Si Dos trichome shots. See what I was talking about yesterday Moon? Those yellowish big hairs are new growth. Note that you don't see any of that in the SL trichome shots, even though I only posted one today. So these guys are definitely behind the SL. Which is a bit odd, considering this DSD is a Fast Flowering variety, and was supposed to be done in around 50 days. Lol. I'm just glad it didn't get seeds. The Fast Flowering varieties I have not had good, consistent results with. The one true hermie plant I got, that outdoor Strawberry Banana that pollinated some of the branches on my Pineapple Upside Down Cake and cost me some yield on that plant, was also a FF variety. They just seem to be unpredictable as hell and I don't see any truth yet to the fast finishing thing. Anyway, she's a ways off yet and fattening.

I need a new scope. This one is not capable of giving me the pictures I want no matter what I do. Even with the scope on a bucket sitting rock solid I can't quite get the clarity and definition some of you guys get. I'm working on it. I'm actually surprised this very inexpensive toy has lasted as long as it has, I got it at the beginning of my second grow.

Trichome Pic Practice
Flower Day 67

Like I said, @InTheShed, I need the practice. I think I did better today, and even mixed it up for you. Lol. Also, @Moony, and @StoneOtter, fellow current Dos Si Dos growers, you may find this interesting.

This first pic is my best trichome shot yet of the Strawberry Lemonade, and you can clearly see in this picture that we have a while to go yet.

These next two are the first Dos Si Dos trichome shots. See what I was talking about yesterday Moon? Those yellowish big hairs are new growth. Note that you don't see any of that in the SL trichome shots, even though I only posted one today. So these guys are definitely behind the SL. Which is a bit odd, considering this DSD is a Fast Flowering variety, and was supposed to be done in around 50 days. Lol. I'm just glad it didn't get seeds. The Fast Flowering varieties I have not had good, consistent results with. The one true hermie plant I got, that outdoor Strawberry Banana that pollinated some of the branches on my Pineapple Upside Down Cake and cost me some yield on that plant, was also a FF variety. They just seem to be unpredictable as hell and I don't see any truth yet to the fast finishing thing. Anyway, she's a ways off yet and fattening.

I need a new scope. This one is not capable of giving me the pictures I want no matter what I do. Even with the scope on a bucket sitting rock solid I can't quite get the clarity and definition some of you guys get. I'm working on it. I'm actually surprised this very inexpensive toy has lasted as long as it has, I got it at the beginning of my second grow.
Nice shots like a photographer sht happening there

Trichome Pic Practice
Flower Day 67

Yeah I see what ya mean. It's crazy how long youve had to run a fast strain haha. Do you think it's the intensity of light or something else delaying things? I know the strain is different but I've never had a 50 days need 70+ that's either wrongly labeled as 50 days or something else is happening surely? I know the days are a guide. But that's almost 50% longer. Thats not acceptable to me haha

Yeah I see what ya mean. It's crazy how long youve had to run a fast strain haha. Do you think it's the intensity of light or something else delaying things? I know the strain is different but I've never had a 50 days need 70+ that's either wrongly labeled as 50 days or something else is happening surely? I know the days are a guide. But that's almost 50% longer. Thats not acceptable to me haha
Normally I would agree with you, or should I say, in the past. Until I got to this point I wasn't getting enough good harvest or growing my plants well enough to have tons of weed lying around of several (12 at the moment) different strains. That helps me a ton with my patience game, which is my worst game still. I have to learn the damn P word over and over and over again, lol. But since I'm set I don't care how long it takes. Now to your mislabeled theory, that's actually quite possible. I purchased Barney's Farm seeds through a seed reseller and they included two free seeds of this. The pack said Dos Si Dos Fast Flowering. So I emailed the seller and asked, is this also Barney's Farm, I didn't think they made Fast Flowering varieties? They informed me that the freebies come from somewhere besides where you are getting seeds from. Some breeder they have gives them all to them and they distribute them to us, But the rep said even they don't know what the actual breeder is of any of their freebies. Lol. So I actually have no idea what the breeder is, and based on the length of time, hell we're almost at 70 days, I'm thinking you may be right. Cuz where it is would be about what I'd expect if the pack didn't say Fast Flowering. My sativas and sativa phenos almost always go 70 or more days, I expect that. Indicas are quicker.

Normally I would agree with you, or should I say, in the past. Until I got to this point I wasn't getting enough good harvest or growing my plants well enough to have tons of weed lying around of several (12 at the moment) different strains. That helps me a ton with my patience game, which is my worst game still. I have to learn the damn P word over and over and over again, lol. But since I'm set I don't care how long it takes. Now to your mislabeled theory, that's actually quite possible. I purchased Barney's Farm seeds through a seed reseller and they included two free seeds of this. The pack said Dos Si Dos Fast Flowering. So I emailed the seller and asked, is this also Barney's Farm, I didn't think they made Fast Flowering varieties? They informed me that the freebies come from somewhere besides where you are getting seeds from. Some breeder they have gives them all to them and they distribute them to us, But the rep said even they don't know what the actual breeder is of any of their freebies. Lol. So I actually have no idea what the breeder is, and based on the length of time, hell we're almost at 70 days, I'm thinking you may be right. Cuz where it is would be about what I'd expect if the pack didn't say Fast Flowering. My sativas and sativa phenos almost always go 70 or more days, I expect that. Indicas are quicker.
Yeah that sounds about right. I'm always warey of free seeds that don't come with enough info etc. The weed looks awesome though so no complaints there :)

Yeah that sounds about right. I'm always warey of free seeds that don't come with enough info etc. The weed looks awesome though so no complaints there :)
Yup. I got lucky. I was kind of in "use this crap up" mode with that selection. I have since rectified that situation. I'll be posting my catalog Friday when I have some stuff happening, (lol, subtle) and all the players are in place, cuz frankly I have so many choices of things I absolutely love or know I will love that I was gonna toss it out to you guys with a couple options and see what kind of feedback I get.

Yup. I got lucky. I was kind of in "use this crap up" mode with that selection. I have since rectified that situation. I'll be posting my catalog Friday when I have some stuff happening, (lol, subtle) and all the players are in place, cuz frankly I have so many choices of things I absolutely love or know I will love that I was gonna toss it out to you guys with a couple options and see what kind of feedback I get.
Sounds good dude :). I spend alot of time researching seeds and seedbanks. I'll be surprised if ya have something I haven't heard off yet hehe.

CJS Apple Blossom
Grow Day 80
Flower Day 20

Now we can have some fun since finally we have something different to take pictures of. Let's just go right to them.

This first picture is a closeup on a group of buds from the canopy:

Here we have a singular bud. Before you say it (lol), remember the photos under the 420h look washed out. She does not need Calmag, she is not pale as she kind of looks in the picture. You saw her real green the other day with those two cut off branches I posted. This plant is as healthy as an ox.

Then, since I can no longer get the whole plant in one shot really, I did a Left/Right thing. I tried to cut each picture off so that the line between them is exactly where it is and you see the totality of the plant without repeats. There's an overlap of maybe a couple inches in the middles, that's all. You can see it based on the three buds in the back where the cut off is that I missed just a little. Here's the left side:

And here's the right side:

Rocking and rolling into defol day tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom