Journal 2011 (ICE, Galaxy, NYCQ, Bag Seed)

newsisnoise

hello and how are you all,

well, i'm back, sorta. i've been fighting the law. it's looking good, but no final word yet, should know sometime in the new year.

in the mean time i've been asked to start a few plants for a friend who is a med patient. she deals with headaches 24hrs a day and the doctors can't find what's wrong with her. smoking seems to be the only thing that can ease the pain, so i wanna help her out.

Because we're not sure what is wrong, i'm not exactly sure what to start for her, so i've started 3 varieties plus some bag seed.

here's what we have:
2 - ICE (i've grown this for a few years and it always turns out well.)
2 - Galaxy (Galaxy is supposedly a sweet tasting, sweet smoking bud. i've never grown it, nor heard of anyone who has)
2 - NYC Queen (this is a pheno of NY Diesel, it's supposed to have large yields and great potency)
4 - bag seed. (these came from a buddy who has dealt for years, i don't know the quality of the seed stock, but it should offer some variety to the mix)

i used a fairly straight forward approach to germination;

soak 20-30 min in a light bleach solution to kill germs/fungus on the seeds
soak in warm water for 12 hrs.
bake soil at 200F for 25 min to sterilize it.
mixed with vermiculite at 3:1 (soil to vermiculite)
saturate soil with water
plant seeds 1/4" deep & cover with light soil
keep surface moist to avoid surface hardening.

and that's all..
i started last week and within 2 days both ICE had broken soil, 1 Galaxy is up and 1 bag seed as well. they look healthy and happy so far. but we will just have to wait and see.

i've decided that i'll be updating this journal only occasionally. every 5-9 days usually. so, it will come with leaps and bounds. and once i transfer the plants to my friend i will be there to help grow and will update on their situation.

i hope all is well with everyone.

for information's sake, the "soil" is a low cost Peat Moss from home depot. i believe the brand is Berger. either way, not much to it.

Hi, I'm from the mitton state and new to 420 forum. Being a patient and self grower with michigan passing their medical marijuana law, I find it ironic that the law allowed no prvisions for obtaining seeds legally. Do you have this problem too?

no. i've ordered seeds lots over the internet. it may not be the safest, but i find the prices and quality better than what i find in bags, or from the local shops. there are lots of great sites out there, but beware as some can be hard to deal with or even scams. luckily i haven't dealt with any and i've bought from one of the most hated upon seedbanks in the world. lol. check the sponsors for 420Mag and you'll find some quality stock.

i have ordered from these guys and have heard good things. and 420mag wouldn't have them as a sponsor if they were bad..

Nirvana

ask around some more and then pick a few strains you like. then go for it! and welcome to the site. it's easily the most friendly, most accepting forum i've been lucky enough to be part of. :thumb:

a short update. it's been a while, eh?

i have a total of 7 sprouts. 2 Ice, 1 Galaxy, 2 bag seed and 2 NYC Q

there are 2 stages apparent; early sprouts and late sprouts. 4 are early (2 Ice, 1 Galaxy, 1 bag seed) the others are somewhat stunted, late sprouting seeds.

the first sprouted Ice is onto it's 3rd set of true leaves. and the smaller of the 2 bag seed has some nutrient burning on the tips of it's leaves. funny, cause i haven't added any nutes yet. i'm not sure what's up, but i flushed all with RO water.

everything is going well so far, i'm thinking of adding a few White Label, White Skunk to the mix to see what happens. :)

stay up, all.

:welldone: newsisnoise keep a good grow. I had a similar incident, I had well flushed soil and suddenly my blackjack, about 3" tall with a four leaf set, looked like it od'd, it completely wilted and I thougt it was a goner but the center sprout seems to be holding it's own and may recover. I also have not introduced nutes yet, they are too small. I am using foxfarm soil and will use advanced for nutes. I prefer to go light on the nute mix. Right now, for veg period, week 1 thru week 4, I am under 18/6 light and use sensi grow A and B @ 8ml per gal, b52 and voodoojuice @ 4ml per gal for the same time period on a feed, feed, water schedule, keeping the nute ph at about 6.5 (trying). For the bloom it gets mildly progressive. I switch the light to 12/12 and I discontinue the sensi grow. In the first week I use sensi bloom A and B @ 8ml per gal with voodoojuice @ 4ml. In week 2 I add 4ml of big bud to the mix. For week 3 and 4 I add b52 @ 4ml and in week 5 and 6 add overdrive @ 4ml. After that I don't feed for a week or so and let the plant reach and use up the nutes in the soil and then flush for a week. During the final week of the plants life I stop all watering and switch the light to 14/10 with no light at all in the last two days. All in approximation of course. I am trying to keep it as simple as possible. My last grow I had a plant that was only a little over 2 feet tall and yielded about 2oz. Any toughts/tweeks to my feeding plan, without complicating it too much are certainly welcome. Thanks.:grinjoint::420:

hello farmer,

you seem to have everything dialed in. i don't know what you use for light, i tend to veg a bit longer, but i like alot of LST. i have a few questions for you

1. when do you begin feeding with nutes? from my understanding they don't need anything for the first couple weeks.

2. does your soil have fertilizer in it? if you're getting burning, that may be it. also, check your soil pH.

3. i'm curious about the 14/10 for the last week of flowering. i've never heard of this before. what are some of the pros/cons of this switch as opposed to just 12/12 till lights out on the last two days?

Thanks for stopping but man, drop me a a link to your grow, i'll stop in for a viewing.

Hi news, Yes the veg period is aprox. I call the first 2 weeks the sprouting period where they get no nutes at all only water, then the veg period really starts- for me anyway. They are all a little different. Some take more time, some less. This is only my third grow. The light thing is just my way of not just suddenly killing the light from12/12 to 0 but a kinda easing it into diminishing darkness so the resin machine has a chance to rev up before going full blast for the last couple of days. My first grow yielded about 3.5 oz on 5 small plants less than 2ft tall I am a newbie at this. Doesn't seem like much yield. I had seeds from bagweed and started 12 ended with 5 girls, stumbling my way along. I am using fluro lighting for sprouting period, and 2 lightblaze 400's super led 400 watt, (only uses 100 watts of power (each) for veg and bloom.
For my second grow (still bagweed seed) I then added a 400w sungro switchable mh for veg and hps for bloom combined with the lightblaze but my 6 girls got a double dose of bugs and I had to trash all but one, but that one yielded very near 2oz kinda fluffy but nice. For my third attempt I have acquired some blackjack fem. seeds. A black domina x jack herer strain?? I'm still learning and I'll figure out how to get some pics on here. Thankx for the post.
I wish I could find this thread on the regular site rather than my e mail, maybe I should smoke more, ha ha.

My 3rd grow has only just started, still in sprouting mode only about an inch tall. I will try to keep photo updates. And yes the foxfarm soil does have some nutes in it.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom