Got the Durban #7 all processed up today. This was all sealed up in a zip lock bag for a couple hours with a hydrometer to determine the RH. It was reading 83%. I pulled 62g of large buds to use traditional hang and jar cure. Hey, some patients want it that way. Then I got 91g of de-stemmed buds pushed through the cobmatic to make them a consistent diameter. I removed around 9 grams of stem here before pushing. I am not sure what amount of stem weight is on those 6 buds. If we guess 1g for each one that is another 6g for a total of 15g of stem. For a total today of 147g of starting material.

Now from the original 562g minus stems we have 547g of green material to start. With todays weight we know we have evaporated 73.2% by weight of water or we have 26.8% of material left by weight. Sorry, Just blabbering here so I have this info. Oh, here is the pic.

Great looking harvest! Do any of you guys know of the original breeder of durban poison that's available online? I can't seem to find much and I'm very curious about it. This DP looks nothing like the the actual thing I smoked back in the day.
Also kinda curious about the cob method now, saw it awhile back but just dismissed it as I had some of the actual real malawi cob a couple of times and it's not like it was that spectacular. Looks like it might work well on other trains though.

Not a double, well maybe it was 2 plants.. LOL

I thought Durban was just a African landrace. We did try some Durban last night from the Durban harvest of last week. it was really good. Not to heady, but has an internal buzz to it.

Great looking harvest! Do any of you guys know of the original breeder of durban poison that's available online? I can't seem to find much and I'm very curious about it. This DP looks nothing like the the actual thing I smoked back in the day.
Also kinda curious about the cob method now, saw it awhile back but just dismissed it as I had some of the actual real malawi cob a couple of times and it's not like it was that spectacular. Looks like it might work well on other trains though.
Cannabiogen has a pure Durban but it sells out quick. Dutch Passion's is really good but it has some indica genetics in it to calm it down, lower the flowering time and increase bud density.

Yeah it originates from the city called Durban and was the local landrace that got crossed with whatever got brought over from India in the early years (dont know the dates) which is why I'm confused with it being called a 100% sativa as I thought the Indian influence was indica. The thing that set DP apart from the other local strains was the heavy head high and couch lock kinda the opposite of a sativa. I just chatted with a local breeder and they recon the DP being sold online is a heavily worked version and not very similar to the original. Makes sense because noways is the DP I know going to give you buds like this!

@dajerm119 Here is the seed mat I have in my foam cooler. I just wrap it with a dry towel and place it in there. Set the temp I want on the STC-1000. Place the probe in there and close the lid. Oh ya, .... then you can walk away or go set a timer to remind you when you want to check them.

Would this work?

Attachments

• B726DD4A-B09D-499A-8202-750130802078.png
    B726DD4A-B09D-499A-8202-750130802078.png
    380.3 KB · Views: 123
If you are using the STC-1000 you want a mat without any controller on it. With that you would not want the STC controller. I think it may work fine, but have no experience with it.

Got all the gals in the cobatron and the buds I am keeping for traditional in jars. To celebrate I am trying .5g of the Kwazulu cob. I am a hour deep and have a nice light tingling over my body. The taste has a peppery back drop. It tends to make you salivate a little more then normal I notice. You feel a tingling in your mouth starting about 20 minutes in, its hard to describe.

Been just chilling on the couch reading. The effects started kicking in about 1 1/2 hours in. Nothing crazy just a very solid effect. The mind is going at warp factor 10 as I look around at stuff online.

Back
Top Bottom