Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

Your plant looks to be doing good with your setup. Look for the leaves to start curling, if you see that then you have it too hot. My veg room stays between 74-82 and I haven't had any die before, but they do get hot enough to curl. What strain is that?

Re: Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

Cheers Sowperior.

Wish I knew the strain.. it is a bagseed. As I consider it a learning grow, I thought I wouldn't bother ordering any seeds.

My temps sometimes get to 87-89ish during a heat wave, but most of the time they max at 84. So I think I've sorted this out. I've been running testing and tweaking this setup for almost 3 weeks prior to this grow.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!

Oh okay. well if you have temps that high, your going to have to put a bigger or more fans in there to keep the plant moving. You may also need bigger fan to suck the hot air out and cool the room significantly. I can tell you from experience because my room was 90+ and even hit over 100, if you have larger intake and outtake fans, you could solve the heat issue. Hopefully your humidity is in the 65-70% range.

Temps are realy sorted out. Given that autumn is coming, I will completelly forget about them in a couple of weeks or so.
Humidity ir a biger problem :) it is around 50 RH in the room and only around 38-40 in the box. So for now I'm keeping it under a pyrex glass dome.

Well the canna species have a lot of resiliency, so I think your stats aren't too off to keep it going. It sounds like you know what your doing though so I'll leave you with that, and the best of luck! :) side note, I accidentally cut a plant at the base while she was a month old and she's still growing back haha prime example.

Haha, well I really know the stuff about building the box and maintainimg some sort of regime in it. But believe me, I'll be happy if you pop around every now and then, to check how my plant is doing :) as it is my first time ever attempt to grow anything

Okay I will keep an eye on your Grow as well hah I just started at the beginning of this year but I research all day long so I've learned a lot. I have my own Grow going on right now too. She's called Candida CD-1, you can drop by and see what I do and follow along if you like.

Evening shots:

420-magazine-mobile844370973.jpg

420-magazine-mobile536434145.jpg

Maybe I should give her a few drops of water tomorrow morning? Growing fast, and it is fifth day without watering..

You want to let her get dry out more so her roots stretch down instead of being content. If the cup still feels like it has water in it, then let her go another day or 2 and she will let you know if she's thirsty. Some plants drink more than others, don't think your doing something wrong if someone else is doing something different to their plant. Each strains different in their own way

The soil looks moist, so I'm guessing you decided to water her hah. Remember how heavy the cup feels after you water her, and when the soil starts to look dry after about 3 days feel for the weight of the cup. I think the "yellow" you see is just new growth. New growth is like really bright greenish possibly yellowish to some.

Ha, you're wrong I resisted the temptation. Not that I resisted, just inspected the cup this morning and noticed that there are still moisture on the walls of it inside. So left it unwatered.
Yeah I may just be overreacting. Will check on her before lights off and we'll see.

If you have that much moisture, there is no way your humidity is low in my opinion. Your Grow is going to be interesting hah we're going to have to keep a very close eye on her. The bottom 2 leaves indicate she's thirsty to ME in my opinion, but the top 2 leaves seem they are still satisfied, soil looks moist as well. Tricky tricky

By lower leaves you mean cotyledons? They started curling from the first day of her life..
It wasn't like it was damp inside the cup, but definitely looked moist esp. after lights off period when that dew is present, as you can see on tips of leaves also. So I did not give any water.
We'll see at the end of the day

Yea the cotyledons. I know they are very different but mine were trying to reach the lights in the beginning, only reason why I suggested that. I know each strain is different so if everything else has been okay than I'm sure it's normal for her to look like that, because the second set of leaves look great to me

Back
Top Bottom