KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

:popcorn:

taking copious notes!!

As someone very new to LED for MJ growing and very interested in purchasing a good LED for my upcoming personal grow, I wanted to thank you again KingJohnC for getting this thread going and thank you gardenfaerie, Crawdaddy and others for asking the hard questions.

All I need is a clear winner to invest in.

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Oooo, disagree with that Craw, but it was an unfair comparison for this example, that much is true. Every detail is made by and sewn by hand. Every paint, decal, bright, panel, engine part, all hand made and machined in the Super Factory in Italy. NO COMPARISON with any other car, except maybe a Lambo. People don't buy them for status. The already have plenty if they buy a 1/4 million dollar car.

Or they buy it to compensate for small penis size, sorry had to inject some humor :)

Or they buy it to compensate for small penis size, sorry had to inject some humor :)

That part is true! But my husband wants one dearly and...well, TMI. He does not fit the profile, lets just say...for humor sake. :)

I did! Lol. I wanted to note you say we "cannot keep that up for long" ...... it depends on your perspective. From mine, I say - Those companies cannot keep producing the minimal acceptable level of quality possible for much longer.

Sam, I understand what you are saying, just remember A LOT of us are using a very well known Chinese LED light with great results and amazing customer service, the car comparison was great in my opinion, it shows that you hold your product to the highest regard and sacrifice nothing for quality.

But put me in a Ford Focus and an inexperienced driver in the spider and I will win the race in reverse.. As in give me your best LED, give KingJohnC a decent cheap LED panel from China and he will get better results than me every time..

I believe your light is better than most, but I think it is - or should be- targeted at the very serious grower looking for the best product on the market and not interested in the $$ margin..

In regards to the quality of Chinese lights, back in the 90's everything from Japan was Known as "JAP CRAP", a very smart American man went to Japan and taught them the idea of "CANI" (Constant and never ending improvement).. Now I don't want to get long winded either, but put your $250,000 Spider against my $100,000 Nissan GTR and the Nissan will always win (you see where I am going with this)

I think instead of saying "Oh this is the most luxery light money can buy" (Like a used car salesman). Just say: "Things cost more in America, wages are higher, parts are more expensive and it all adds up. This is the best price we can do at this time." THEN add a shifty line, like "I just hope those Chinese lights don't catch fire and burn your house down, cause if so, it's going to be hard to explain that in Chinese".

THEN add a shifty line, like "I just hope those Chinese lights don't catch fire and burn your house down, cause if so, it's going to be hard to explain that in Chinese".

Was this really a quote? I must have missed it if so. Thinking...

Do you fancy putting your light up against another manufacturer in a side by side comparison grow?

I love it... I think both stand alone grows like what the amazing and talented KingJohn is doing here and side-by-sides are vital to our company. And actually there is one with Lush and Advanced right here on 420Mag... Lush LED vs. Advanced LED by Ronnie6690

the link is messed up but here it is...Lush Led vs Advanced Led Featuring Ace of Spades (links can be screwy on this site)

So far no real noticeable differences in the two. I been following it since he started and IMO it a great test as light only variable:)

I love it... I think both stand alone grows like what the amazing and talented KingJohn is doing here and side-by-sides are vital to our company. And actually there is one with Lush and Advanced right here on 420Mag... https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/lush-led-vs-advanced-led-featuring-ace-spades.217738/

You chose well with KingJohn as like you say, he's a talented grower & he will do your lights justice.

I am currently following ronnie6690's Lush/Advanced comparison & there's nothing to choose between between the two, so I'd say they are evenly matched in performance & they share similar price points.
Crawdaddy is also doing a comparison grow with Advanced/TopLED and the same applies here, there's nothing to choose between each light on performance, the only difference is the TopLED are available at a fraction of the price.
There is another sponsored LED company called Budmaster with 420 member Light Addict running a demonstration grow. He has challenged any LED lighting company to go head to head with his light if you fancy a grow off I'm sure he'll be more than happy to set up another tent.

If you wish to go against TopLED I have two of their Mars II 400w & one 96x3 reflector & I'll be happy to do a side by side for you.

From what I have seen, there is no clear winner in the race for the best LED on the planet. All the lights available at the moment are all producing similar results, there is not one light that stands head & shoulders above the rest.
I, like Crawdaddy, I look at the price of the lights supplied by yourselves, Advanced, Budmaster etc & you all make crazy claims that yours/theirs is the best, yet the results say otherwise. The only one that looks marginally better is the Budmaster but that could be down to the grower, nutrients,environment or a good pheno.

To conclude, I'd love to be blown away by a high priced light & say they are well worth the cost but in all honesty, I can't see it happening. If you fancy sending one of your lights to Light Addict or myself we would be more than happy to see if Lush really does give jet fuel to our plants & spending the extra $$ is justified.

I am not certain. Here is a photographs of the pistils that can develop on the fan leaves

Pistil_on_Fan_Leaves.jpg

Xlr8 had a strain that did this, too!

Flower Day 60

A solution to the AK48's that have grown too tall has been implemented with the help of Matt Johnson from Lush Lighting Who generously suggested placing 3x Lumenator 2x LED light panels around the plants on angle towards the tops of the plants.

Lumenator_2X_lessfade_LED_Grow_light_cannabis_thc_resin_best_flowering_plants.png

Lumenator_2x_Color_Spectrum_Chart_Graph_plant_photosynthesis_light_absorb.png

Lumenator_2X_LED_Grow_Light_plant_spectrum_spread_flower_cannabis_Lush_Lighting.png
Lumenator_2x.gif

7f9a56a077fa04f259f6812879f72b99.gif

The 3x Lush Lighting Dominator 2x arrived securely together in a larger unmarked box

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_001.JPG

Here is a new artist Chief GreenBud who is proudly sponsored by Lush Lighting. I listened to and enjoyed the music several times.

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_002.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_003.JPG

Here is a pin that is the Lush Lighting logo

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_004.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_005.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_006.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_007.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_008.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_009.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_010.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_011.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_012.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_013.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_014.JPG

Lumenator_2X_Photographs_-_015.JPG

Braces were constructed and mounted to securely mount the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x around the room mounted at least 12" from and angled towards the tallest parts of the 3x AK48 #3's that are not directly under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x due to the proximity of the plants to the LED panel.

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_001.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_002.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_003.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_004.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_005.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_006.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_007.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_008.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_009.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_010.JPG

Flower Day 60

One AK48 #3 was watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro, 10 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom, 4 millilitres per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom and 5 millilitres per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora gro gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora micro gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora bloom gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics liquid koolbloom gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com botanicare cal-mag plus gallon

Great update mate & with close to $1800 of side lighting plus $1200 on your main light I think you now officially have a Ferrari grow room. It looks amazing KingJohn, you're one lucky guy :)

Oh my goodness...That room is breathtaking. And the whole angled light thing is legit. Thanks for that little tidbit.

Great update mate & with close to $1800 of side lighting plus $1200 on your main light I think you now officially have a Ferrari grow room. It looks amazing KingJohn, you're one lucky guy :)

I can not thank 420 Magazine, Lush Lighting and all of you enough for all of the opportunities that you have brought to me!

Back
Top Bottom