KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Well that could explain it, you need 2 of those Dominators to start out with not 1. Did not realize space that large.

I guess it goes back to my originally thinking you had two of the Dominators, due to the 2X at end of name.

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

To Crawdaddy:

Flower Day 60

A solution to the AK48's that have grown too tall has been implemented with the help of Matt Johnson from Lush Lighting Who generously suggested placing 3x Lumenator 2x LED light panels around the plants on angle towards the tops of the plants.

Braces were constructed and mounted to securely mount the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x around the room mounted at least 12" from and angled towards the tallest parts of the 3x AK48 #3's that are not directly under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x due to the proximity of the plants to the LED panel.

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_006.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_007.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_008.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_009.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-07-11_-_010.JPG

The other lights were added because the plants got so tall they could not be placed directly under the Dominator 2xl and the top 14 inches of the plants were not getting any light. The Luminators are being used as side lighting and angled to disperse light to the top of the taller plants.

This is my understanding of what KingJohnC said previously.

Sam thanks for quick reply, and I may be asking for info that you are unwilling to give.

Yes but is your light really a Spider vs a Focus, even using that analogy both do the job, one is just WAY overpriced and exclusive. I do not think most would think a Ferrari is 10 times better then a Ford, it the exclusivity you buying.

I will be completely honest and get to the root of it all, I think your all's cost is less then $500 per light, for the Dominator 2X. And i have seen no hard data to make me believe that the Lush is 3X better then the cheaper direct from China lights, or any better then the other lights that are priced 10-50% below you. so that leads to my other questions...

I doubt you will answer this, but what are some example part numbers for diodes you use, then I can look up to see how much they cost?

We can use analogies all day long, what I am looking for is actual data/comparison grows that shows this LED is that much better then the others our there, have you all done anything like that?

As I have said, Part of me hopes they really are that much better, but my logical side wants to see proof, before I can even consider saving for lights that are 3X the cost, or more, then those that I, and others, have grown quality buds under.

Hey GardenFaerie, hopefully part of this will address you question immediately preceding Craws. Hey Craw, you are correct in believing that I cannot give you the parts numbers. Partly because I simply don't have access to that information, partly because I'm rather certain that would land me in a world of trouble. Proprietary info, etc. About the most I can tell you, myself, is that some of the brand names we use in our lights are Cree, Epistar, and Bridgelux.

And on that note, before we totally forget that KingJohnC is actually doing a grow journal here, and btw in the process gathering data that will show the proof is in the puddin', I made a thread just for y'all to come ask these questions and more:
Lush Lighting LED Grow Questions! Ask Us Almost Anything!

To Crawdaddy:

The other lights were added because the plants got so tall they could not be placed directly under the Dominator 2xl and the top 14 inches of the plants were not getting any light. The Luminators are being used as side lighting and angled to disperse light to the top of the taller plants.

This is my understanding of what KingJohnC said previously.

Should've hit refresh I see LabExperiment has answered the questions very well! Thanks Lab!

Thanks LabExperiment, that makes sense!

Sam I will check out thread later.

I respectfully disagree that 'process gathering data that will show the proof is in the puddin', do not get me wrong I think KJC's plants look great, but there is no evidence that he would not have done equally well, or even perhaps better or worse, with a different panel. all this proves from a scientific perspective is that good plants can be grown under this panel.

Yes, the AK48 #3's same genetics under High Pressure Sodium produced a 21.8 gram dried cola so I do expect large colas on the AK48 #3's and each AK48 #3 has multiple large colas.

My Grow Bay #1 is 6'6" L x 6'4" W x 6' H and the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x Covers up to a 4'x4' area and Concentrated over a 3'x3' area.

Your Grow bay is only 6' tall? damn it looks way taller than that. Makes me excited knowing next week i'm going to have an 8'(L)x8'(w)x6.5'(h) space to play in!!!

Your plants look amazing John. Please send me the link when your new journal for Znets are up and running. I'll be there for sure! I cant wait to see a hydro run from you!

lucky dog. I would do well with one lumenator 2x.

I have one question; How is it that these lights (which display an extremely rectangular shape) have a symmetrical lighting footprint?

Not trying to nitpick as I really dig the lights, but that data doesn't make sense to me unless the lenses are more directional than their appearance would indicate.

:hmmmm: So now its the (1) Dominator 2X & (3) Lumenator 2x. soil indoor grow Journal & review
600 watts 810 watts =1410 total watts

Holy sheet man glad you got your glasses. This might have turned me on to LED. Have you tried mixing with HPS and rotating around? I would think you might get the best of both worlds. I think a 400 LED might look good in between my two 600 HPS.

Thank you for stopping by my journal, I updated and have a question if you would be so kind as to stop by.

I have one question; How is it that these lights (which display an extremely rectangular shape) have a symmetrical lighting footprint?

Not trying to nitpick as I really dig the lights, but that data doesn't make sense to me unless the lenses are more directional than their appearance would indicate.

Well, it's more of an OVAL than a rectangle or square, but the lenses from what I can see direct the light pretty much downward, instead of out.
Lumenator_2X_LED_Grow_Light_plant_spectrum_spread_flower_cannabis_Lush_Lighting.png

There's a nice mix right in the center as the pic shows, but at the edges, I would assume it's kind-of a spattering of color. This diagram is more of a "Reference" than an actual diagram of light.

Looking at the reference, it looks like there would be a pretty good mixing of the different colored banks of lights, though.

:hmmmm: So now its the (1) Dominator 2X & (3) Lumenator 2x. soil indoor grow Journal & review
600 watts 810 watts =1410 total watts

If my math serves me correctly, please speak up John if i am mistaken here....... Dominator 2x = 435w... Lumenator 2x = 190w (190x3)+435=1005. Total wattage from LED panels is 1005w

"KingJohnC's 1000w Lush Lighting LED soil grow journal and Review" would be your more fitting title.

John,
Do you think you would need additional HID lighting, like you are needing additional LED panels to supplement the light the plants arent getting by being in too close proximity to the panel, thus having to be moved, if you grew them the same way you are letting these grow? You clearly haven't topped or tied down anything, just let the plant do its thing, have you let this same strain grow the same way under HID?

The Lush Lumenator 2x's draw 180 watts each
The Lush Dominator 2x draws 435 watts
180x3= 540 watts + 435 watts =975 watts actual draw in use

My height problem arose because I had not expected such explosive growth from my plants in vegetative growth under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and my limited 6' ceiling height. Had I vegetated my plants with the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x previously I would have switched to flower 5-7 day earlier to limit their height during the stretch phase of flower and stay within my 6' ceiling limits. I believe I have more experience with flowering under High Pressure Sodium lights and would not have had the same height problems with my plants or corrected the situation earlier by tying the plants down or Super Cropping the plants during vegetative growth. Had I had the same problem with the height of my plants and my 6' ceiling when flowering with High Pressure Sodium lights I believe I would have either Super Cropped or tied the plants down to limit their height and added a second light to completely illuminate my grow area in Grow Bay #1. The 3x AK48 #3 tall plants and the 1x Hindu Kush tall plant have all been topped at approximately 18"-20" tall to fit within their vegetative area and have grown multiple colas as a result. I have previously flowered the same genetics with the same growing method under High Pressure Sodium lights so it is easy for me to make a direct comparison to vegetating under Metal Halide lights and flowering under a High Pressure Sodium light. The grow area in Grow Bay #1 measures 6'4" length x "6'6" width x 6' height and would have required 2x Lush Lighting Dominator 2x to completely illuminate the grow area. The 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x were added to supplement the amount of light the 3x tallest AK48 #3's are receiving to the tops of the colas that are not placed directly under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and would be otherwise unlit due to their proximity to the Dominator 2x. I feel very privileged to be selected to Product Review the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x for 420 Magazine and Lush Lighting. When I have telephoned Lush Lighting at 1-888-960-4533 during business hours I have always had my questions answered.

ah my math was correct, i just wrote down the wrong number for the Lumenator wattage.. off by 10w!

Either it was not mentioned in the beginning of the journal, or i just overlooked it/skipped the page while catching up, most likely the latter, that your tall plants were topped in vegetative growth.

by your pictures, its hard to believe that your grow bay is only 6ft tall!!

I decided to use the space I had available to create several Grow Bay's to specifically give my plants an controlled environment for vegetative growth and for flowering. I would have preferred 7' ceilings for my Grow Bays. I have grown larger size cannabis plants then these current plants that are in my Grow Bay #1 indoors giving each cannabis plant one side in a large Rubbermaid Roughneck Jumbo Storage Box - 50 gal: (#2550) Size: 42.7" x 21.4" x 18" giving each plants 25 gallons of my soiless mixture and mycorrhizae. When cannabis plants get beyond a certain size indoors they become harder to maintain so I have decided I will only grow up to medium to large size cannabis plants indoors and usually a 6' ceiling should provide enough height to house medium to large size cannabis plants in the fashion that I am accustomed to training my plants to grow multiple tops as you have seen in my previous Grow Journals. With the height of 18"-20" tall I could have trained the plants multiple ways but decided that the majority of people who would use my Grow Journal and Review to evaluate the performance of the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x would most likely not chose to grow their cannabis plants with the same training methods I am accustomed to using without more experience with growing cannabis.

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

Here is the large Roughneck Jumbo Storage Box - 50 gal: (#2550) Size: 42.7" x 21.4" x 18" that I used to house 2 plants per Roughneck Jumbo Storage Box - 50 gal.

Roughneck_Jumbo_Storage_Box_-_50_gal_2550_.jpg

https://www.rubbermaid.com Roughneck Jumbo Storage Box - 50 gal

Flower Day 62

All of the plants were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro, 10 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom, 3 millilitres per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom and 5 millilitres per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora gro gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora micro gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora bloom gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics liquid koolbloom gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com botanicare cal-mag plus gallon

Back
Top Bottom