Kushahn Goes Organic With The Hulk 2020

Looks like they have grown some despite looking over-watered. Just keep listening to Emilya and pennywise, they know their shit. :passitleft:
Cheers mate. Yeah I am super lucky to have them both in my corner that’s for sure.

Going to tag along if thats ok bud. Youre in great hands with @Emilya and @Pennywise .
For me, overwatering my plants for several grows not knowing back then and super excited about growing. You will get it down, roots need to breathe in order to grow. Dry/wet cycle is critical. Let them dry out completely and then water them heavily.
Also, i have a short 5ft tall tent, always keep my lights at the very top of the tent 100% power.
Sometime keeping the lights too close causes extra problems in my situation.
Cheers bud
Always welcome to tag along Sparkey, thanks for grabbin a seat and stopping by. @Pennywise has helped me out with this light and I think I am getting results with where I have it set(28”). So I appreciate your input on your light experience, but not sure if i should be making wholesale changes as mayb that’s being disrespectful to Pennywise. I’m sure both you and Penny are far more knowledgeable than me so I am am open to advice/amendments to my light setup as I understand strains, environment and so forth all play a part in your light setup. Hope I’m saying all the right shit hers?

Looking good! Keep doing what you are doing!
Thanks Ems. I’m slowly getting there, slowly being the optimum word and as always appreciate your input. Btw your new growing spaces are looking great and I know people are trying to be helpful with their recommendations on colour schemes and what not, I’m sure what YOU decide on will be just fine.
F2920278-F2F5-4032-BDEE-266E9F262445.gif

Ok as pedantic as i am or can be I will throw this question out there for all recommendations to come flowing in. The Led I have had a rating of 200Lm/W. It’s recommended hanging height is 20-32”, with a veg footprint of 6x6 and flowering footprint of 4x4. My tent is 4x4 so does that mean I can afford to raise it higher that the upper recommendation of 32” as my floor space is 4x4 and not 6x6? Sorry if you guys have explained this before to me and I know it can just depend on the situation, but I love picking your brains for the utmost knit picking detail. It’s just what I do. I used to do my golf swing coaches head in, wanting to know every detail in the mechanics of a golf swing.

The size of the footprint is simply what it is... at 20" it is 4x4 and at 32" it is 6x6. Whether or not you use all of that 6x6 area that the light is capable of covering while the light is 32" away is inconsequential, the lumens hitting any particular spot in the part of that area you can use remains the same, because the light intensity is dependent on the distance from the light.

Ok so would I be correct in saying that if the manufacturers recommendations are correct I will get no extra benefit during veg by hanging the light greater than 32” at 100% intensity. And being a 4x4 have it no closer than 20” during flower?

Cheers mate. I have raised it to it’s highest recommendation, which is 32” and at 100% intensity just to see if I can get a bit more vertical growth before scrog netting it, just to give me a bit to bend/play with as they had seemed to slow up a bit at 25”.

@Emilya any idea what this browning on the edges and tips is. It’s only happening on the Bruce Banners not the other strains? I did try to self diagnose and thought being an organic grow maybe it wasn’t a deficiency, then I was stumped...lol

3049ED87-7E41-4F34-B7ED-E5B558E6C9EF.jpeg
D77795DB-3D2B-48C6-A072-F6B5D5BFC5F4.jpeg
BC1AE2EE-C492-4904-929F-6E4E3AD63C6A.jpeg

The only other bit of information I could give is the girls haven’t been given their Compost tea for 2 weeks,as Ive been away and just got back, just squirting the tops 1/3 with the Aloe spray bottle I have been using for Foliar and is double the strength than what is recommended for soil drench. 3ml/litre rather than 1.5/litre.

The only other bit of information I could give is the girls haven’t been given their Compost tea for 2 weeks,as Ive been away and just got back, just squirting the tops 1/3 with the Aloe spray bottle I have been using for Foliar and is double the strength than what is recommended for soil drench. 3ml/litre rather than 1.5/litre.
If that is the actual color, they are very hungry. You need some microbes in there asap. If you have realgrowers recharge, urb or voodoo juice, use it now. If you are brewing your own compost teas, give a tea every watering for a while until your microbes catch up. You are growing organically, so YOU can not feed your way out of this... you have to get the microbes in there, so THEY can feed for you.

If that is the actual color, they are very hungry. You need some microbes in there asap. If you have realgrowers recharge, urb or voodoo juice, use it now. If you are brewing your own compost teas, give a tea every watering for a while until your microbes catch up. You are growing organically, so YOU can not feed your way out of this... you have to get the microbes in there, so THEY can feed for you.
And yes that is their colour as has been for some time and the leaves are getting quite thin. Well god damn, here I was thinking I was doing a half decent job. Just goes to show I still have a lot to learn. But thankfully I have great teachers

The go go juice tea looks like many of the teas available here in the US so I’d give a go.
Was just wondering if it is safe/beneficial to add to my just completed aerated tea or as a seperate watering/addition. I think it said something on the back about not mixing with other bacterial solutions?

Ok so lights have not long come on and I have administered a drenching of the soil with an aerated compost tea with the addition of Neutrog GOGO Juice. Hopefully in the morning there will big a big improvement of the girls attitude and some more green and fattening of their leaves. Here are some before shots. Let’s see if the addition of the GOGO juice to the tea is a success. I almost feel like a mad scientist/chemist of sorts with indoor growing atm.

3C7CB225-0010-4A3E-8D25-2DCE71CB432D.jpeg
0AE6FD85-EF9B-410F-98DE-074B9CF1733F.jpeg
2698FE6D-F6C4-4B29-8890-FB1B2B36C44C.jpeg
7667147D-5DB1-485A-9037-87B41FA5C18F.jpeg
D9CB205A-51A3-45C7-87E5-6D8FC41BC667.jpeg
CAC07F4F-2E44-4826-8EA2-5003D90A1399.jpeg

It’s now been nearly a day and a half since I drenched the soil with a compost tea and GOGO juice and the leaves seem to be shrinking more and starting to cup. I’ll b in the nut house at this rate. 71 days since germination and my tallest plant is 24” and has leaves like matchsticks. I really thought organic growing was going to be much better for me than this and I’m sure it is for others. I might have to go back to budget potting mix, chemical fertilisers and autos. At least I know what I’m going to get.
361D8987-BC35-40B6-8710-72097BCC0BDF.jpeg
A0934BD1-1800-4634-9EE1-7CBCA0365213.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom