Vetsmoke Goes Perpetual With Bonsai Mothers, Clones & DIY Builds

:rofl: Well you guys just made my evening. I was leaning towards that one too so we have our chosen 3. Only have one seed of that though so I best not screw it up. Think I'll be needing that extra headroom the new tent offers with these strains.

The new 50x90x160 tent is up. Can and filter installed. Just the ducting to run out of the tent to put on. Haven't quite decided whether to go out the top or side yet.
20210430_225209.jpg

What I didn't notice when buying this tent was that it has no bottom intake port. Just a cable port and 3 mesh windows. So I feel like my 2 options are,

A) Run forced intake with ducting going from the top port down to the tent floor.

Or

B) Since I'm growing autos in here just leave the mesh windows open 24/7 for passive intake and don't have any ducting for intake.

The light was due for delivery today but hasn't turned up. Seeds were popped into shot glasses to soak last night. Haven't cracked yet. Prepped a few party cups of soil ready for when they do. I'll start them in those and then they'll go straight into 1 or 2 gallon pots. Haven't decided yet. Once the light arrives and the tent is fully set up I'll be starting a fresh journal for it.

Option B for me!
That's how mine have been for a year now, and it works fine.
:thumb:
Yeah I was thinking that would be less hassle. Only drawback is it's in the bedroom and the lights will be on through the night. Can't believe I didn't thank of that before. Will drive the Mrs nuts :laugh:

The military taught me to sleep in any environment. I've never slept well but I can do it anywhere. One great thing about being in uniform is you always had your beret. Turn it sideways on your head, tilt it forward, instant eye mask:laugh:

Yeah I was thinking that would be less hassle. Only drawback is it's in the bedroom and the lights will be on through the night. Can't believe I didn't thank of that before. Will drive the Mrs nuts :laugh:
Lol I was just thinking, it was good of her to allow another tent in the house!
You'll only need one or two of the screened vents open, so choose the ones facing away from the bed.
I also have made a shade for the screened vents to deflect the worst of the light

Lol I was just thinking, it was good of her to allow another tent in the house!
You'll only need one or two of the screened vents open, so choose the ones facing away from the bed.
I also have made a shade for the screened vents to deflect the worst of the light
Yeah well she wants the Pineapple Express sooner than later so she had to allow it :laugh: I'll try and think of how I can shade them a bit.

B for me too! I built a baffle box to keep light from getting into the tent from the lower flaps, but it also works in reverse. As long as you have room to put a cardboard box next to the tent it does a great job.
Yeah space around the tent is very very limited. I'll figure something out.

The new tent is almost ready. Just waiting on the light which should arrive in a day or two and still need to decide how I'll manage the intake. I'll play around with it once the light is installed.
IMG_20210503_203707_DRO.jpg

The Orange Sherbert and Pineapple Express are up. Just waiting on the Skywalker Haze which is starting to push up.
IMG_20210503_204113_DRO.jpg

They'll start in these cups then go into 2 gallon fabric pots I picked up on Saturday.

Once everything is set up I'll start a journal for these. Big thanks to @ViparSpectra for sending the XS1000. Can't wait for that to arrive. Also a shout out to @Prescription Blend who's nutrients should soon be feeding these babies.

I had another thought on the night light issue, and that is if you're running any dark period at all to have it start at your wife's bedtime. I don't think the light coming on while she's sleeping will wake her, and you could always just use the lid of a copy paper box to block any direct light while still allowing airflow.
Good thinking Batman. I was planning on running these 18/6 all the way through. There's always a way.

Just realised my Skywalker Haze will likely pop up on Star Wars day. Didn't even plan it :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom