Kushtie - ShortStuff Autos In NFT

Good to have you Beast and no need to apologise....wish I could keep up with more than a fraction of the journals I'd like to too ;)

Been doing some research at oor pal Atrain's place on Auto Pink Grapefruit as I still think that's what the pink one is. The couple of soil grows I saw looked a whole load less bushy than hydro ones and seemed to be about the 60g mark (as per breeder info as they link to the grows I looked at!). Grey Bear was the point of reference I was looking for though and from a 28" x 28" bush he got 183g:adore:

The big green one I'm not so sure about. Onyx looks like a possibility as ShortStuff describe that one as tall, branchy and fruity and it has fairly skinny leaves that often look a bit droopy, particularly at the end of a long day.

Day 50.

Raquel has started filling out with flowers after growing up for ages. I think she has the potential to yield more than Cassandra but might take a little longer.

As mentioned above I think Raquel is Onyx:

mix2312-2.jpg

mix2312-6.jpg

Cassandra just seems to fatter, stinkier and even more gorgeous every time I visit her.

If I had of got the metre stick next to the top and photographed it square on it would have looked like she was 36" tall but this will have to do as an indication of scale for now:

mix2312-3.jpg

mix2312-1.jpg

mix2312-4.jpg

mix2312-5.jpg

pH is being checked and adjusted every 12 hours or so......or as often as I can manage. I flushed a couple of days ago but am still having to work pretty hard to keep the water and nutes up and pH down. The harder I work the harder my plants can hopefully work as I want my reservoirs to go from 5.6 to 6.2 as often as I can with all the nutes they can handle. Letting it get up to 6.2 is easy as the plants do that by taking stuff out the res, working it back down so it bounces back quickly is what I need to be doing.

Thats were the pink come from.beauty of a plant mate.gna be some big buds in 20 days time mate;)

Here's hoping:high-five:

I'll just keep trying to bounce the pH an EC about.

When I flush and mix up fresh nutes I only get to about 1.5 on the EC before the pH is at 5.6. Once the plants work the pH up to, hopefully, 6.2 I can top up with nutes mixed to an EC of about 2.0 (as per feed schedule) which gives me about pH 5.2 and starts bringing the pH of the res down before I then add as little pH down as I can get away with.

With my small (20L) reservoir Cassandra (the big green one) has still been needing a fair bit (~0.5ml/day) of pH down after full strength top ups so I was thinking I might try using hard water bloom nutes in future grows to make some top ups even lower in pH to see if helps keep the res in check with less pH down.

Sorry for turning up late, I hope you don't mind but I will just sit in the corner and take notes:passitleft: Your girls look great by the way!!!
Merry Xmas and enjoy the holidays.

No worries bud, feel free to sit where you like and get as ripped as you like:welcome:

I've not got much growing experience but my setup seems to work pretty well. This is my 2nd time growing autos in hydro so I'm still taking notes too ;)

Looks freaking great kushtie !

Cheers bruv:thumb:

Did some lights off pics today (day 53 above ground)....

mix2612-1.jpg

mix2612-2.jpg

mix2612-3.jpg

:thumb:

Tried to make a picture look a bit like Grey Bear's Auto Purple Amnesia pics from day 55......never mind the 183g from Auto Pink Grapefruit, he got 683g from Auto Purple Amnesia! :yikes:

Doubt mine will be anything like as heavy as she's not quite as big (highest top 44") and my fan leaves are pretty frazzled but otherwise I reckon she's a dead ringer for APA at the moment:

mix2812-1.jpg

What do you guys reckon?

Smell wise it's hard to tell over the stink the Auto Pink Grapefruit is making but I think it's got the same fruity smell this one I grew in soil did and was a really nice smoke:
mix2806-1.jpg

room0808-5.jpg

And whilst I was in with a wee camera I took a snap of the pink one too....
mix2812-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom