KWsmoke's Outdoor Bagseed Container Grow 2017

Could just be the aging process too. Still feeding nutes or doesn't it ever dry out?

That what i was going to say. In mid-flowering, at least in my limited experience, lots of fan leaves turn yellow as the plant goes into full flowering mode and grows leaves in the bud areas. I pull yellow leaves off to give more light to buds lower on the plant. Wow kw those trichs are looking yummy!

Could just be the aging process too. Still feeding nutes or doesn't it ever dry out?

I probably won't be able to safely feed for at least a week, and that's if no more rain comes my way. Ground is drinking up this rain because we were in a drought, but it can only take so much. I think if it hasn't rained by next Friday I can feed with another dose, but I haven't been able to feed since around the 6th or so.

I probably won't be able to safely feed for at least a week, and that's if no more rain comes my way. Ground is drinking up this rain because we were in a drought, but it can only take so much. I think if it hasn't rained by next Friday I can feed with another dose, but I haven't been able to feed since around the 6th or so.

If the soil was still dry from the drought, maybe it will absorb it all and soon dry out. Nothing worse than sitting in water -- no oxygen! Adding water with nutes on top of that will only make the situation worse, not help. Like he said, do a dry dance.

But the yellowing leaves is normal to a certain extent as the plant ages. Looks pretty healthy, all things considered.

I've got mine in 5-gal fabric pots, lets them dry out pretty fast when they're too wet, plus they can be brought inside if it is too rainy.

Cheers:cheer:

Ughhhh
IMG_152935.JPG
IMG_153131.JPG

It's a done deal. Going to chop today and try to get a run of autos in before the first freeze.

Thanks guys and gals

Admin can move this to 'completed journals' whenever.

KW tell us what happened! We've been following along for the whole ride...fill us in.

I really wish I knew! I left her alone for a few days, thinking that because the weather has been dry that things would begin to correct. This morning when I went to check on her she looked as you see now except what you can't tell is how CRISPY every leaf was, crumbling with the slightest touch. I honestly had no idea that the water damage would be this bad, definitely going to grow in a different spot next time.

I'm super bummed about this, just cut her down about an hour ago. I'll post pictures of what I salvaged a little later.

I really wish I knew! I left her alone for a few days, thinking that because the weather has been dry that things would begin to correct. This morning when I went to check on her she looked as you see now except what you can't tell is how CRISPY every leaf was, crumbling with the slightest touch. I honestly had no idea that the water damage would be this bad, definitely going to grow in a different spot next time.

I'm super bummed about this, just cut her down about an hour ago. I'll post pictures of what I salvaged a little later.

Sorry to hear. Like he said, it's all about learning. It'd be great to follow you on those autos you're talking about running now.

So here's what I was able to salvage.
IMG_153433.JPG

"Buds" are barely formed, structure was looking good and athletic tape worked great! Definitely going to utilize it supercropping next cycle.
80% of trichs are crystal clear :-/

Here's what I hand stripped - bagged the trash leaves to compost for later. Might do a tincture or something with the stems and leaves. Gonna try to cook with the stragglers, probably just throw them in the crockpot with a lb of coconut oil and let it cook on low for about 8 hrs.
IMG_154634.JPG

My triple beam got knocked off my bookshelf so I'll need to run to town and pick up a scale and some mason jars to sweat these shits in.
Guess the thread will keep going a little longer, long enough to make some treats lol.

I'll be placing my order for new beans on Friday, hopefully they'll get here within a week or so after that.

Cheers!

So here's what I was able to salvage. "Buds" are barely formed, structure was looking good and athletic tape worked great! Definitely going to utilize it supercropping next cycle. 80% of trichs are crystal clear :-/ Might do a tincture or something with the stems and leaves. Gonna try to cook with the stragglers, probably just throw them in the crockpot with a lb of coconut oil and let it cook on low for about
Cheers!

Def do something with it! Quick dry and smoke a bud just to see what it's like (in the name of science!) and if it's not worth smoking the rest then def make a tincture or lotion with it. You can decarb it first in the oven if you want to shorten the process. Lotions don't need to be decarbed (under-the-tongue tinctures do) but I plan on decarbing the trim and mixing it in with the stems and leaves to make lotion. Some THC and some THCa. Best of both worlds?

So it's been an eventful day so far. Hanging buds are ready to go into jars. I ended up filling six pint jars and just threw the rest into the tote with the hand stripped stuff waiting to be decarboxylated.

Turned the oven to 200, set all the loose stuff on cookie sheets and let it sit for 20 minutes.
Took it all out and stripped it, putting the stems back with the trash trim and other stems.

(Going to run to the liquor store sometime to pick up some everclear, probably just do tinctures like my grandma used to make.)

Decarbed dry weight going into the crockpot - 3.83oz
22oz of organic unrefined coconut oil
40oz of water

Put it all in the crockpot on high, had my thermometer ready. Waited for the temp to hit 220f (took about an hr in my crockpot) before turning it down to low. Going to let her go for about 5 hours longer, that way I can eat some supper before I start straining this slop.

The keeper buds are underwhelming, just way too immature. I loaded a small bowl of the decarbed stuff, tastes very green but had a surprising head rush about 10 seconds after the inhale. Very expansive and quick high, we'll see if it gets any depth with some curing.

Probably going to end up making some cookies with the first batch, we'll see how it goes.

Damn dude, sorry for the loss. Can be a humbling process
Thanks Mr. Canada. Yeah, I fell in love with growing because of the way it teaches you to be patient and roll with the punches. Even when you do "everything" right, at the end of the day nature is chaos.

Sure I was upset the day of, but with some time to reflect I found that I learned quite a lot from this grow. So... success!

Sounds like this plant is going to keep you busy for a while, and even a bit high too! Not too shabby given the quick turn it took at the end.:thumb:

For sure, no idle hands around here!

Picked out my next grow- I'll be trying to pull off an auto seed-crop. Will probably start the prep-thread later this evening.

Thanks for all your help, guidance and motivation! Teamwork makes the dream work!

For sure, no idle hands around here! Picked out my next grow- I'll be trying to pull off an auto seed-crop. Will probably start the prep-thread later this evening. Thanks for all your help, guidance and motivation! Teamwork makes the dream work!

I'll be looking for your next journal...love the change in your sig BTW! I just put my second grow auto in the soil this morning. Can't wait to get home and see how its grown! Oh yeah, and see the fam too...

Back
Top Bottom