LadyGaea's Cannaversary Grow - Tangielope & Super Lemon Haze With High Brix

Hey LG. I'm gonna pull up a seat if that's ok. Great to see new brixxers. I'll jump in and help when I can.

Rock on!

:theband:
Much appreciated weenmeoff and ...Welcome!
Cheers!
LG

Just took a peak at the girls before lights out. Still looking sweet! My sweet tabby Isabella brought me a toy mouse as an offering last night. She is very generous with her toys, so I gave her some of her very fine catnip as a reward. Meowijuana's Purple Passion! Why should we have all the fun? I am nearly at the end of the jar, so I will order some more. I saw a nice cache of seeds at the bottom of the jar. I am going to throw some in the tent too! ;) Let's see what happens!

Update on the girls. They are 8 days old today and they have some great looking roots really popping out of the bottom of the rooting tray. They broke the surface on the Lunar New Year, 02/16. That has to be a lucky sign right there!

In a few days I will pop them into gallon pots filled with my Doc Bud's mix that has been cooking for 6 weeks now.

Today I dropped some catnip seeds in some plugs for my cats to enjoy. Last year my catnip was absolutely infested with aphids outside. I am going to grow it in the tent. They will be safe from the cats in there until I can harvest it. :yummy:

Here they are..

Greetings all! It is a lovely sunny day here in Underland!:hug:

Join me for a berry hempy brunch!:love: Here is my recipe. You can really add some healthy things to your smoothie. Some great superfood additions I like to use are tumeric for inflammation, matcha tea powder, and spirulina.

LadyGaea's Berry Hempy Smoothie

½-cup Greek yogurt

1 hand full of greens

½ cup of plain almond milk

½- cup of frozen strawberries

½-cup of frozen blueberries

½-cup of frozen raspberries

A good squeeze of local honey or 3 Medjool dates for sweetness

2 tablespoons of hemp seeds

15 drops of CBD hemp oil....or add a dose of your favorite cannabis oil!;)

The general rule of thumb for blending smoothies is to place your softer, high-moisture foods in the blender first (liquids, yogurt, fresh fruits, greens, and veggies, etc.). Place your hard, solid foods last (frozen fruits, veggies, or nuts, etc.)

Now LG, what would your recipe look like without the dairy, but twice the blueberries???

Blueberries is the superfood for mitochondria, the more we eat the better.

Hi there Lady G!

When I follow my Whole30 (Paleo) diet, I drop the dairy and up the almond milk. Since I freeze all my fruit to keep it from going bad....(I buy a lot of it when it is in season or on sale), the almond milk keeps it from turning to ice cream in the blender.

You can always play with the liquids and the fruit combo's used, as well as the supplements added. I always use 1- 1/2 cups of frozen or fresh fruit, 1 cup of greens, 1 cup of liquids or a combo of liquid and yogurt. These proportions fit in my glass and fills me up...lol

Following a Paleo diet is supposed to be really good for supporting your mitochondria, but it does cut out some great sources of nutrients. The Paleo diet doesn't include dairy, one of the best sources of riboflavin (vitamin B2), bone-protecting calcium, and vitamin D, which makes followers susceptible to these nutrient deficiencies later in life. I would add a supplement for these.

When I followed the Paleo diet, I felt phenomenal after the first 10 days. The first 10 days of it, I felt like crap until my body adjusted. You have to eat every few hours. I always had apples, celery, apple sauce (homemade sweetened with dates), unsweetened nut butter ( I put on the apples or on my celery), & homemade nut crackers handy,

You can put your CBD oil or cannabis oil in your smoothie, applesauce, or your nut butter, too!

@overlord Hi there Overlord! You are very welcome to join in! I am glad to have the company. The girls are still just wee little things. I thought by adding some canna recipes to the journal it would fill the "dead air" :laugh: Once I flip the girls I will have some new babies started in the veg tent! Thats when things will really get fun!:slide:

Ok...The girls are going in their 1 gallon pots tomorrow. They have some really great roots!:slide: I started in rapid rooters again since I have had such great luck with really healthy root systems my last two grows. Then things should really get going!

Meanwhile...Here is a nice little recipe to mix some of your medicine in. :drool:

Lady Gaea's date sweetened applesauce recipe!
I am not using sugar and dates are sooooooooo healthy for you!:cheer:
They are a great source of vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc! They also contain vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A, and vitamin K. :love:

6 apples ( I like Macintosh), diced
1/4 cup of fresh pressed apple cider
6 pitted Medjool dates (my date of choice because they are soft and taste like caramel)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 of a vanilla bean pod's seeds or use 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Cannabis dose of choice...or CBD oil

I like my applesauce a little bit chunky. After I steam all of the ingredients together in a saucepan until soft, I pick out and puree the dates with a small amount of the cooked apple before stirring it back in to the rest of the cooked apples. Heaven!
If you are ok with grains...throw some granola on top and you will have a mini "pie like" experience. Who doesn't love pie? Right? :circle-of-love:

Let the show begin! :slide:I transplanted the girls into their 1 Gal pots tonight! Really nice roots! :yahoo: The soil was cooking for about 6 weeks with the Promix HP, worm castings, & Doc Buds High Brix Amendment. I sprinkled some Doc Buds Roots first, potted them up, and watered them in with 1/4 strength solution of Doc Bud's Transplant.

Here they are...Yay! :yahoo:

Another recipe for @Grow2HealMe ! You asked for it and here it is!

Lady Gaea’s Hummus Recipe

FYI, this hummus is so good, that you'll want to dose individual portions with your cannabis oil, so that you don’t over indulge when you eat more of the un-medicated version of hummus!:drool:

This is the quick and easy version! If you don’t want to start with dried garbanzo beans (chickpeas), then use 2 each of the 15 ounce cans instead. Just rinse, and peel. You can skip the peeling, but I like my hummus extra smooth!

FYI. Expect to cook dried beans 4-6 hours in a crockpot. Follow your cooking instructions for dried beans.

Hummus:
  • 1/4-cup tahini, stirred well
  • 1/4-cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling on top at serving time!
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced ~ Better...Try roasting the garlic for a treat! If roasting, I use more. Roasted garlic is sweeter and has a mellower flavor. See Cook’s Notes for roasting guidelines
  • 2 -15 ounce cans or 1/2 pound of dried & cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1/2-teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/8-teaspoon black pepper
Directions:

Put the tahini and lemon juice in a small food processor. Run for a couple of minutes until lighter in color and thicker. You might want to use an immersion blender here since the amount is so small.

Add remaining ingredients except for the toppings and mix-ins listed below, and blend until very smooth. For this step I would use a regular sized blender or food processor.

Be sure to stop and scrape the sides a couple of times so that it all gets blended smoothly. You may need to add some extra water to help loosen it up a bit if it is too thick. Add any extra water in small amounts until you achieve the desired result.

Adjust the taste as you see fit.

Toppings and Mix-ins

Mix in a dose of CBD oil or your favorite cannabis oil into a serving size portion of hummus. Sprinkle this with hemp hearts and a pinch of sumac spice, or substitute a pinch of cumin and paprika if you don’t have sumac.

DO get creative with add-ins like roasted red peppers, grilled artichoke hearts, grilled eggplant, jalapeno, or olive tapenade! Whatever you like!

Serve with pita bread, veggie sticks, or use as a sandwich spread!

Cooks Notes:

**When using dried beans, the older the beans are, the longer they take to cook. You will need to test them.

**Using ¼ teaspoon of baking soda in the cooking water softens the proteins in the garbanzo beans (chickpeas). They will absorb more water. This shortens the cooking time and gives the hummus a better texture.

**For a smoother hummus, peel the beans. They slip right out of the skin once cooked.

**Check for doneness when using dried beans. Fully cooked garbanzo beans are soft and creamy yellow all the way through. If they are not done, you will see a white, starchy area in the center of the cut bean.

**To roast garlic, cut the top portion off a whole head of garlic as to just expose the cloves. Don’t peel it. Drizzle it with olive oil and wrap the whole head in foil. Bake in the oven in an oven safe glass pan at 350 degrees…usually about 20-30 minutes will do or when you start to smell the garlic enveloping your kitchen! Let it cool a bit. You can then just squeeze the roasted garlic paste right out of it’s papery husk! I won't tell if you lick your fingers! :rofl: It’s great on bread like this too!

Enjoy!

LG

It is looking good over here.....
Thanks Overlord! You know a watched pot never boils!? I feel like that now when they are so tiny...and then I get sad when I do the chop!

SLH (and Durban) are way up on my hit list, definitely looking forward to those!
Welcome HoBrah! Enjoy the show and the snacks!

Back
Top Bottom