LadyGaea's Cannaversary Grow - Tangielope & Super Lemon Haze With High Brix

**To roast garlic, cut the top portion off a whole head of garlic as to just expose the cloves. Don’t peel it. Drizzle it with olive oil and wrap the whole head in foil. Bake in the oven in an oven safe glass pan at 350 degrees…usually about 20-30 minutes will do or when you start to smell the garlic enveloping your kitchen! Let it cool a bit. You can then just squeeze the roasted garlic paste right out of it’s papery husk! I won't tell if you lick your fingers! :rofl: It’s great on bread like this too!

My favourite part...mmmmm You absolutely spoil me. I'm going to be able to add my oil, in moderation of course, but now I can add something else to the menu other than brainiac green juice, eggs, chick peas, beans and rice cakes. I do eat more, but that is my main eating. Now since this stuff started happening to me, my palate has completely restricted me or I get sick from what I eat. How crazy is that. So this is very important to me, thank you, my appetite thanks you. I'm gonna take pics when I make it to honour your work. :adore::drool::thanks:

While I'm here, I'm just spreading the word about another cool feature of this site. If you don't mind LG...:love:

Did you see up above I was able to highlight your roasted garlic text, my fav, and a green box came up as soon as I did that. It said, "Quote or Reply". I clicked reply and it grabbed the text I wanted to respond directly to. Then when I went back, I clicked quote, and it sent my highlighted text into a multi quote queue so that I could find more of your good ideas to thank you for. This is gonna save us so much time, so we don't have to reply to an entire quote. You can do this in anyone's journal or conversation. How clever is that...

Go on with your bad self Lady G.

Did you see up above I was able to highlight your roasted garlic text, my fav, and a green box came up as soon as I did that. It said, "Quote or Reply". I clicked reply and it grabbed the text I wanted to respond directly to. Then when I went back, I clicked quote, and it sent my highlighted text into a multi quote queue so that I could find more of your good ideas to thank you for. This is gonna save us so much time, so we don't have to reply to an entire quote. You can do this in anyone's journal or conversation. How clever is that...
Haha! Very cool! Thanks for that text tip! Awesome!

Nothing new to report really. The girls didn't bat an eyelash from being put in their 1 gallon pots last night and they had a drink of some of Doc's Transplant. Still perky as ever! Nothing yet on the catnip front!

Missing my evening soother! Still in the running for the new job, happy to report. I have a final interview coming up in 2 weeks. Crossed fingers!

Cheers everyone! Been a tough couple of weeks. :hug::hug::hug: Need to give ya some hugs...and some :passitleft: before ya go!

LG

Another recipe for @Grow2HealMe ! You asked for it and here it is!

Lady Gaea’s Hummus Recipe

FYI, this hummus is so good, that you'll want to dose individual portions with your cannabis oil, so that you don’t over indulge when you eat more of the un-medicated version of hummus!:drool:

This is the quick and easy version! If you don’t want to start with dried garbanzo beans (chickpeas), then use 2 each of the 15 ounce cans instead. Just rinse, and peel. You can skip the peeling, but I like my hummus extra smooth!

FYI. Expect to cook dried beans 4-6 hours in a crockpot. Follow your cooking instructions for dried beans.

Hummus:
  • 1/4-cup tahini, stirred well
  • 1/4-cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling on top at serving time!
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced ~ Better...Try roasting the garlic for a treat! If roasting, I use more. Roasted garlic is sweeter and has a mellower flavor. See Cook’s Notes for roasting guidelines
  • 2 -15 ounce cans or 1/2 pound of dried & cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1/2-teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/8-teaspoon black pepper
Directions:

Put the tahini and lemon juice in a small food processor. Run for a couple of minutes until lighter in color and thicker. You might want to use an immersion blender here since the amount is so small.

Add remaining ingredients except for the toppings and mix-ins listed below, and blend until very smooth. For this step I would use a regular sized blender or food processor.

Be sure to stop and scrape the sides a couple of times so that it all gets blended smoothly. You may need to add some extra water to help loosen it up a bit if it is too thick. Add any extra water in small amounts until you achieve the desired result.

Adjust the taste as you see fit.

Toppings and Mix-ins

Mix in a dose of CBD oil or your favorite cannabis oil into a serving size portion of hummus. Sprinkle this with hemp hearts and a pinch of sumac spice, or substitute a pinch of cumin and paprika if you don’t have sumac.

DO get creative with add-ins like roasted red peppers, grilled artichoke hearts, grilled eggplant, jalapeno, or olive tapenade! Whatever you like!

Serve with pita bread, veggie sticks, or use as a sandwich spread!

Cooks Notes:

**When using dried beans, the older the beans are, the longer they take to cook. You will need to test them.

**Using ¼ teaspoon of baking soda in the cooking water softens the proteins in the garbanzo beans (chickpeas). They will absorb more water. This shortens the cooking time and gives the hummus a better texture.

**For a smoother hummus, peel the beans. They slip right out of the skin once cooked.

**Check for doneness when using dried beans. Fully cooked garbanzo beans are soft and creamy yellow all the way through. If they are not done, you will see a white, starchy area in the center of the cut bean.

**To roast garlic, cut the top portion off a whole head of garlic as to just expose the cloves. Don’t peel it. Drizzle it with olive oil and wrap the whole head in foil. Bake in the oven in an oven safe glass pan at 350 degrees…usually about 20-30 minutes will do or when you start to smell the garlic enveloping your kitchen! Let it cool a bit. You can then just squeeze the roasted garlic paste right out of it’s papery husk! I won't tell if you lick your fingers! :rofl: It’s great on bread like this too!

Enjoy!

LG
Great recipe, my wife goes in binges of hummus

Have u tried sirachi,or sombli olec, or garlic chilli paste
Yum yum

Wife is Asian,so do lots of Asian inspired foods

Great recipe, my wife goes in binges of hummus

Have u tried sirachi,or sombli olec, or garlic chilli paste
Yum yum

Wife is Asian,so do lots of Asian inspired foods

Yum! I have not yet! I love Sirachi and Garlic Chili paste too! I will add that to my next batch.:thanks:

Here are my lovely ladies rockin’ out in their 'big girl' 1 gal pots! :battingeyelashes: Soooo proud! *sniff * :love:

They were champs with their transplant! They did not skip a beat , and are sturdy and bulking up!

Okay... Funny story time! I was pressed for time, and ordered a bunch of 1 gallon pots from H. Depot online during my lunch break.

I went and picked them up on the way home from work. The guy at the pick-up counter asked me what I was growing. I said, of course, "Some basil, oregano, and the like…He say’s, “Oh. Some of that 'fancy basil'? You know that it’s legal now?"

I just played dumb…I laughed at him and said, “Nah! Just herbs to make soup with.” He said, “I used to put ‘that’ in my soup too! " Ha-ha!

The nerve! To think me?…A respectable woman of a ‘certain’ age could be growing weed in her laundry room!?:rofl::rofl:

Here are the pics! Enjoy every moment of your grow! It will keep you young and in love with life! :circle-of-love:

Cheers and sweet dreams!

LG

Here are my lovely ladies rockin’ out in their 'big girl' 1 gal pots! :battingeyelashes: Soooo proud! *sniff * :love:

They were champs with their transplant! They did not skip a beat , and are sturdy and bulking up!

Okay... Funny story time! I was pressed for time, and ordered a bunch of 1 gallon pots from H. Depot online during my lunch break.

I went and picked them up on the way home from work. The guy at the pick-up counter asked me what I was growing. I said, of course, "Some basil, oregano, and the like…He say’s, “Oh. Some of that 'fancy basil'? You know that it’s legal now?"

I just played dumb…I laughed at him and said, “Nah! Just herbs to make soup with.” He said, “I used to put ‘that’ in my soup too! " Ha-ha!

The nerve! To think me?…A respectable woman of a ‘certain’ age could be growing weed in her laundry room!?:rofl::rofl:

Here are the pics! Enjoy every moment of your grow! It will keep you young and in love with life! :circle-of-love:

Cheers and sweet dreams!

LG
Too funny! :rofl::rofl:

Just peaked at the girls before the lights go out. Those little leaves are praying just a little bit :love:. They are starting to change noticeably now after being put in their 1 gallons.:yahoo: The soil is a little bit dry, but I will wait and check later to see if they need water.

I have a catnip sprout! Kitties will be happy too I think!

Have a great day everyone!:hug::hug: Going out for coffee and a movie today!:popcorn:

Checked on the girls after the movie... they were really dry. I watered them around the edge of their pots to encourage the roots to reach out to it.

Hoping to get more of the catnip to germinate. I remember it took a long time to geminate the last time I grew it. Tiny little seeds that have to push thru all that grow mix!

Cheers! LG

Another recipe while we wait for buds...[elevator music plays in the background]...

Lady Gaea’s Cannabis Salsa

12-15 red ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, & diced small.

*If I walk by the tomato bins at the market, and I catch a good whiff of a ‘tomato’ scent, it’s salsa time! In season I grow my own, and I hit the farmers market!

1 Lg. onion diced small, I use Vidalia or Texas Sweets.

2 jalapeno or Serrano peppers, finely diced ~I like my salsa a bit on the hot side, so I add a bit of habanero peppers to mine as well!

*Use gloves when working with hot peppers. I keep a box of latex -free surgical gloves in my kitchen for just this purpose!

3-4 cloves of garlic

¾ to 1 tsp of salt

Juice of 1 lime

A good squeeze of local honey

1 tablespoon of vinegar ~ I use apple cider vinegar

½ cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped fine.

¼ to ½ cup of fresh raw cannabis leaves, washed and chopped fine. *I think either the Tangielope or the Super Lemon Haze will be great for this!

Add your favorite dose of CBD oil or cannabis olive oil to a finished serving size. I can easily eat a cup of this delicious stuff! You may just want to keep eating this salsa…and too much of a 'good thing', can make for an unpleasant experience! It really stinks to over-medicate! “Dose as you go”, is my motto!

Directions:

Cooks method for peeling and seeding tomatoes:

Have a bowl of ice water standing by to plunge the tomatoes in.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Make sure to leave enough room in the pan, so that you can add 4-5 large tomatoes without it overflowing.

With a sharp knife, score a small x on the bottom of your tomatoes. Dunk the tomatoes in the simmering water, a few at a time, for about 30-60 seconds. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon. Immediately plunge the tomatoes into the ice water bath.

The skins should easily peel right off. Cut the peeled tomatoes into quarters, and with your fingers scrape the seeds and their jelly from the firm flesh. Capture your scrapings into a bowl so that you can later strain it, and use it for another purpose. Set aside the tomato filets as you go until you have peeled and seeded them all. Dice the tomato filets and place them into a large bowl.

Sauté the diced onion for about a minute in a little bit of olive oil. Do not let it brown or it cook through. You want the onion to still be a bit crunchy. Add the garlic and cook for about 15-30 seconds more. Add this to the diced tomatoes. This little bit of cooking takes the bitterness away from the onion and the garlic.

Mix the rest of the ingredients together with the onion, garlic, and diced tomato, and chill for several hours to overnight.

* Before you tweak the flavors too much, it is best to let sit a couple of hours or overnight. It develops flavor best overnight, if you can wait that long! Add more honey, salt, chilies, or lime juice as desired.

* The strained contents of the bowl that I collected the seeds, jelly, and juice in, I use this for soup stock or for drinking. You can freeze it too!

Enjoy!

LG

Wow! It's the girl's sweet 16th today! They are looking very fine! I am going back to the initial pages of Dark Scotia's Apprentices journal with Doc Bud so that I can use it as a guide as I grow with the kit. Ha-ha! It's a Grow-A-Long! :slide:

Here are some pics of the girls on their very special day! Have a beautiful day!:hug:

LG

Another recipe while we wait for buds...[elevator music plays in the background]...

Lady Gaea’s Cannabis Salsa

12-15 red ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, & diced small.

*If I walk by the tomato bins at the market, and I catch a good whiff of a ‘tomato’ scent, it’s salsa time! In season I grow my own, and I hit the farmers market!

1 Lg. onion diced small, I use Vidalia or Texas Sweets.

2 jalapeno or Serrano peppers, finely diced ~I like my salsa a bit on the hot side, so I add a bit of habanero peppers to mine as well!

*Use gloves when working with hot peppers. I keep a box of latex -free surgical gloves in my kitchen for just this purpose!

3-4 cloves of garlic

¾ to 1 tsp of salt

Juice of 1 lime

A good squeeze of local honey

1 tablespoon of vinegar ~ I use apple cider vinegar

½ cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped fine.

¼ to ½ cup of fresh raw cannabis leaves, washed and chopped fine. *I think either the Tangielope or the Super Lemon Haze will be great for this!

Add your favorite dose of CBD oil or cannabis olive oil to a finished serving size. I can easily eat a cup of this delicious stuff! You may just want to keep eating this salsa…and too much of a 'good thing', can make for an unpleasant experience! It really stinks to over-medicate! “Dose as you go”, is my motto!

Directions:

Cooks method for peeling and seeding tomatoes:

Have a bowl of ice water standing by to plunge the tomatoes in.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Make sure to leave enough room in the pan, so that you can add 4-5 large tomatoes without it overflowing.

With a sharp knife, score a small x on the bottom of your tomatoes. Dunk the tomatoes in the simmering water, a few at a time, for about 30-60 seconds. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon. Immediately plunge the tomatoes into the ice water bath.

The skins should easily peel right off. Cut the peeled tomatoes into quarters, and with your fingers scrape the seeds and their jelly from the firm flesh. Capture your scrapings into a bowl so that you can later strain it, and use it for another purpose. Set aside the tomato filets as you go until you have peeled and seeded them all. Dice the tomato filets and place them into a large bowl.

Sauté the diced onion for about a minute in a little bit of olive oil. Do not let it brown or it cook through. You want the onion to still be a bit crunchy. Add the garlic and cook for about 15-30 seconds more. Add this to the diced tomatoes. This little bit of cooking takes the bitterness away from the onion and the garlic.

Mix the rest of the ingredients together with the onion, garlic, and diced tomato, and chill for several hours to overnight.

* Before you tweak the flavors too much, it is best to let sit a couple of hours or overnight. It develops flavor best overnight, if you can wait that long! Add more honey, salt, chilies, or lime juice as desired.

* The strained contents of the bowl that I collected the seeds, jelly, and juice in, I use this for soup stock or for drinking. You can freeze it too!

Enjoy!

LG
Yer salsa sounds great

Do u do Pico??? I'm a pico guy...love the chunks

Yer salsa sounds great

Do u do Pico??? I'm a pico guy...love the chunks
Yes I do. My salsa is very chunky too. When you peel the tomatoes after dunking, they are still very much like a raw tomato. I love making mango salsa too! It's great over fish :drool:There are some great mango tasting strains out there that would lend themselves nicely! The Tangielope and Super Lemon Haze would go well with mango as well! I love to dice up avocado and throw that into salsa as well!

BTW. Avocados are SUPER healthy! They contain heart healthy fats. They also help your body absorb fat soluble vitamins like vitamins A, D, E and K. They contain great antioxidants and are a great source of potassium. And....they taste sooooo good!

Hi LG! Your babies are looking great! I've done a handful of kit grows with good success but have been following dark and doc this time and I believe I will have my best yet harvest! What I found very helpful was the recaps of what he did and when. Things will vary a little but the timeline is a good benchmark, I.e. He did his first dunk about 1 month after dropping seeds into soil, see below.

:passitleft:

43399273e88e5a07a56870e27c7cdf38.jpg

Passions
Jan 11- 60ml tp/5ml tea 5 gallon water
Jan 13-60ml GE/5ml tea 5 gallon of water
Jan15-1/4 oz tp to 5 gallon of water
Jan17-60ml GE/ 5ml tea to 5 gallon
Jan18-60ml GE/5ml tea to 5 gallon
Jan19- brix spraying 10ml brix to 350ml water
Jan20-60ml tp/5ml tea to 5 gallon
Jan21- up potted to 10 gallon pots with 2nd run soil
Jan22- 1/4oz tp to 5gallon water/ 4ml tp to 1 gallon water
Jan29-brix spray with snake oil-10ml brix/2ml snake to 350ml of water
Feb1-45 ml GE/3ml tea to 5 gallon/10 ml GE-1ml tea to 1gallon of water

Bluecheese
Jan9-brix spraying 10ml brix to 350ml of water
Jan10- 60ml tp-5ml tea to 5 gallon of water
Jan13-30ml tp-2.5ml tea to 2.5 gallon of water
Jan15-5ml tp to 2.5 gallon of water
Jan17-60ml GE-5ml tea to 5 gallonnof water
Jan19-brix spraying 10ml brix to 350ml of water
Jan20-60ml tp-5ml tea to 5 gallon of water
Jan21-up potter to 10gallon pots
Jan22- 1/4oz tp to 5gallon water/ 4ml tp to 1 gallon water
Jan29-brix snake oil spraying-10ml brix/2ml snake oil to 350ml water
Feb1-45ml GE/3ml tea to 5gallon of water -10ml ge/1ml tea to 1 gallon of water

I never did get down to feeding daily. I probably could have gotten away with it without water login soil but all pots still felt a little heavy to me so I feed about every 40hrs toward end of veg.
Also I didn't write down when I flipped to 12/12 but think it was Jan 22 or so. Was going to wait a week but wanted to be in same time frame as doc and he flips as soon as he up potted

Hope this helps some

Hey Ween! Thanks for dropping by!

Doc and Dark both do a great job summarizing. I tried clicking on the summary link, but was taken to the 420 page. Nice to have that posted here! :thanks:I was looking for that this morning.

They are still working on the site. I am sure it will be restored at some point. I am grateful for how hard the admin and the members are working to make it easier for those who are struggling. :hug::love::hug:

Hey Ween! Thanks for dropping by!

Doc and Dark both do a great job summarizing. I tried clicking on the summary link, but was taken to the 420 page. Nice to have that posted here! :thanks:I was looking for that this morning.

They are still working on the site. I am sure it will be restored at some point. I am grateful for how hard the admin and the members are working to make it easier for those who are struggling. :hug::love::hug:

That is because Dark could no longer fit the updates in a post and resorted to blogging it.

It should return when the blogs are added back.

That is because Dark could no longer fit the updates in a post and resorted to blogging it.

It should return when the blogs are added back.
Good to hear! Thanks Overlord!

Back
Top Bottom