Landrace Genetics 101

Yes but it finishes in 10 weeks, that makes me suspect.

That ^^^ Most landrace Sativa are long running. Not all but most. Durban is not long running but I grow a Durban x Acapulco Gold version from Snow and it can go as long as I wanna let it. Last 1 I let go I think around 18 weeks. Was still cranking out white pistols too! I needed the room or I'd a let her go longer. Patience is key...

I always wanna chop at day 50.. hahaha but good things take a little extra time. It's worth it. Most of the young ones don't know what a true sativa is. We used to get the psychedelic shit from overseas in the early 70s for peanuts. I think we paid $25 for mexican brick a zip maybe a little less, then the highfligher shit for Thailand was a lot more. Still had some seed in it too. I think.

Hey Rad,

when you say daughter do you mean a clone. Like each clone is a generation?

Yep, each clone is a genration to me- so I call them mothers and daughters.

Got time to do a quick production/consumption report on that?

I can't report of the consumption. The Guawi does nothing for me except kill pain. No body buzz. No raciness. No couchlock. I smoked 2+ grams in 15 minutes and it made my sinus pain and fever aches go away - that's it. And I am a 'half a bowl gets me high as a kite' smoker.

Is Guawi cost effective in terms of grams per day - No. I get near twice the yield out of Delicatessen Lilly which is about 96% Sativa in 3-4 less weeks. But Guawi is a very 'clear' head high -- I'll go check my yields but I got a lot more leaves and a lot less buds out of my first Guawi run. I'm very interested in how this current Guawi run turns out. She's looking a lot better.

I am Running Devil's Tit and Labyrinth for the first time (if I get any girls) and it is possible one of those will bump Guawi out of the rotation.

We used to get the psychedelic shit from overseas in the early 70s for peanuts. I think we paid $25 for mexican brick a zip maybe a little less, then the highfligher shit for Thailand was a lot more. Still had some seed in it too. I think.

$25 for Mexican Brick and Humboldt shake lasted until about 1981 in the Bay Area.

Some of that Mexican Brick was truly great stuff. Most of it was so-so.

I rarely saw Thai, and then olny Thai stick for around $40 a half oz.

Skunks used for what it can add or take away from a plant, not because some want to appease the almighty... Most wouldn't know it's been added, untill some grandkids come out looking like nan and pop...

Man i knew this hunt for landraces would be rough but fuck man. 3 companies don't ship to Australia. I need me a baby daddy in a country that can receive seeds lol.
Nah it's not that bad, there a few seed companies that i can use but i'd really like some strains from some of the other sites too. Any baby daddies out there? haha

Neighbor passed on some blue orca haze x red point seeds (couple dozen) and has offered to kick me a couple mazar/guerrero x red points for my next run. It's exciting times for my seed collection.... I know, not true landrace, but I feel like they are about as close as I am going to get to the real deal.

good afternoon gentleman, nice to see those of you I know....

Found out a interesting bit of info today, theres a gentleman who works in town at the farmers co op where I find myself a lot lately asking for funny things..lol

So I know this guy grows cause it's also meds for him as he asked me why I kept on asking for certain ingredients and sooner or later you have to spill the beans, I was bricking it but he just started laughing when I told him I grow then he admitted he also grows.

So I asked him where he gets his seeds from as he doesn't look like the type who goes after the name brand strains, and he said he's had this strain he grows year after year 30+ or so...

He has genuine " Rooibaard " and I believe him because he's from that era of smoking...
I don't have the foggiest idea of what " Rooibaard " looks like in living plant form I've only smoked before in my teens 25 years ago...

Google throws up lots of pics but I thought I'd ask here as someone might've of grown 1 out before as I'm hoping to acquire some seeds if it's the genuine article..

thanks kindly everyone and @conradino23

Back
Top Bottom