Laquer Head's Indoor Organic Obsession: 2018

Yep- but I think I meant 10gal bucket. I get confused cause I’m always having to convert (I live in a metric world!). Give the branches a good dunking soak and swish for about 30seconds in each bucket and make sure you don’t bash them on the sides or bottom of the bucket (cause that will knock your trichs off!)

Doc’s original (revised) guide:

1st bucket 1/2 cup fresh lemon or lime juice + 1/2cup BiCarb soda (baking soda?)
2nd bucket water
3rd bucket water

If there’s PM or mould spores you can add a bucket with a 1/3 dilution of 3% h202 at the start (so then there would be 4 buckets - with the h202 dilution first).

There’s a budwashing thread actually. It’s Doc’s technique AFAIK and it’s all pretty much there on the first page... actually - he lays out the recipe and rationale in this post Bud Washing but then the recipe gets revised at some point to 1/2 cups instead of full cups.

I’m sure they’re drying better because of it - and people say that’s one of the reasons to do it. It’s greatif you can hang them in the sun in the breeze for a while after, but I realise that’s unlikely (not very stealthy!). But in the tent in some of the light with the fan going would probably be good (but not blowing directly on the bud, just moving the air around). In that post I linked to, Doc says that photosynthesis still continues for a little while... so under some light for a day is good...

:Namaste:

Edit: and some folks make the first of second bucket very warm (so either the lemon/soda bucket or the frirst after only rinse bucket). I havent done this, but I’m pretty sure Gray does (with the 2nd bucket).
Thanks so much Amy! I've seen the second bucket being used with warm water from Van as well! I got a clothesline and no neighbors so I could probably pull that little trick off as well :battingeyelashes: how lucky am I!? Lol

The Dark Devil has been chopped! Its now hanging out in the sun for an hour or so...then back into the tent. I'm fairly happy with it, tho it definitely could have been kept healthier throughout its short life. Ill know next time (I have 3 more DDA seeds).

I also got around to starting the build of my little backwoods pod! It will get another layer of camo netting, one isnt going to cut it! I think it will turn out pretty neat though...if I need more height I will take some pvc and arch it diagonally across the t-post and cover that with the same netting (or chicken wire), but we can cross that bridge a little later! The main purpose of this contraption is to keep bugs (mainly grasshoppers), birds, and pests in general at bay. It will also "camoflauge" the plant slightly! Here's where were at with it today.

Today will also be the first day I cut the lights back, the plants will now have 17 1/2 hours of light instead of the 18 they're use to getting. I will continue to shorten the days for another couple weeks.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, and thanks for following along with me! :thumb:

Think I'm going to chop down the Dark Devil today! Starting to throw nanners I believe and its been 10 weeks! Hoping to get at least 20g off of it but kinda doubting it :rolleyes: just need to go get me some H202 to bud wash and ill be good to go!

That thing is still throwing out white hairs.....could still be wanting to grow a bit more. I would give it another week at least. Just me and my .02 LH. I can certainly understand wanting to get rid of under performers.

Never mind, its chopped LOL. Hope she's good for you!
Lol, I started seeing nanners and fluffy looking production...had it been a bit healthier I would have went to week 11...like you said the bottom was still throwing white hairs :rolleyes: live and learn! Thanks for the advice!

Edit: now you have me wishing I woulda waited haha...on the plus side - I can now ponder on the next strain I'm wanting to grow out! Just need to order me a light for veg tent first

Sooo, the LA Confidential is still getting a little paler! Some leaves almost look camoflauged between a lime green and a lush normal green. Also have little brown necrotic spots popping up here and there...anybody know what deficiency or toxicity it may be headed to? Trying to nail it down before it effects it too terribly bad!

Cinderella XX - Day 11 From Sprout

The Cinderella is scooting right along! Lately I've been pondering actually doing it outdoors....seems much less secure (and I'm uber paranoid). I think its in a pretty good spot really, maybe just a little open to aerial. Should that be a real concern in the woods? Anyway, here she is today!

Sooo, the LA Confidential is still getting a little paler! Some leaves almost look camoflauged between a lime green and a lush normal green. Also have little brown necrotic spots popping up here and there...anybody know what deficiency or toxicity it may be headed to? Trying to nail it down before it effects it too terribly bad!

I say magnesium, but who am I???

The light isn't optimum in the picture but your description matches the problem solver almost to the T.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Hi ‘Head - C99 looking good! :thumb:

Yep - I’m gonna say that’s mag, but also calcium, that’s the brown spots at end of fade I think. Exactly the same thing happened to the plant of mine in the pot that got washed out, basically flushed, by days of heavy rain.

So just adding mag with the epsoms may throw off the balance a bit. You’d do better with a top dress of worm castings, or some tea made using worm castings... is my take. Because if it’s a calcium issue as well, adding epsoms only might make it worse.

:Namaste:

The Dark Devil has been chopped! Its now hanging out in the sun for an hour or so...then back into the tent. I'm fairly happy with it, tho it definitely could have been kept healthier throughout its short life. Ill know next time (I have 3 more DDA seeds).

I also got around to starting the build of my little backwoods pod! It will get another layer of camo netting, one isnt going to cut it! I think it will turn out pretty neat though...if I need more height I will take some pvc and arch it diagonally across the t-post and cover that with the same netting (or chicken wire), but we can cross that bridge a little later! The main purpose of this contraption is to keep bugs (mainly grasshoppers), birds, and pests in general at bay. It will also "camoflauge" the plant slightly! Here's where were at with it today.

Today will also be the first day I cut the lights back, the plants will now have 17 1/2 hours of light instead of the 18 they're use to getting. I will continue to shorten the days for another couple weeks.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, and thanks for following along with me! :thumb:
You should look @Amy Gardner she has an outdoor set up liek that I think you guys would be able to share some good info . Hmm. Looks kinda like your out door set up a little eh Amy?

Thanks Amy! I just gave it a good little bit of kelp/ewc/neem/karanja and also craft blend from Build A Soil. At about ~1/8 cup each - neem and karanja were 50/50...hoping that does the trick! If things aren't better by Saturday (maybe Sunday) I will likely topdress a 1/4 to 1/2 cup ewc..thanks for your help everyone! Much love :hug:

Guys, I just want to say...every morning I wake up, roll out of bed, and wonder to myself..how is my 420 family doing!? You guys are the most considerate, helpful, and loving individuals ive ever came across in such a setting. I absolutely love it here and no longer wonder why @SweetSue has always preached what she has..your all one of a kind! I'm hardly past my first harvest and I've gotten more advice than I could have ever imagined getting. Even being a newb (I've done my research) and asking all sorts of silly questions and what not, you've all had the patience and understanding to help a person out! Its sooo cool and I hope I can at the very least relay that info and help somebody else out!....Man, I think Sue is rubbing off :laugh::rofl: anyways thanks for taking the time to do so! I would call everyone out by name but it'd take to long, you all know who you are though and I thank you!

lol better than drunk texting i guess! Lol same sentiments over here though, this place is a happy place away from the real world drama haha. So glad to have finally joined up... Only advice i can offer is something my mother has always said when growing veggies... And that is "a little can go a long way"... Start with a little and watch the new growth for signs of change... Its easy to add things, not so easy to take them away in soil. Hope youre having a good one!

That looks like cal
Mag might need to up it abit v

Back
Top Bottom