Growing Cannabis 101: Dean West Quest To A Successful Sativa Harvest

Very nice buddy

Try to see what Penny's offers here

He had the healthier brain of us two lol.
.always can mother and take clones take oz or so every month maybe

I would run 2 tents, one veg and one flower. You could start a new plant every 3-4 weeks. 2x2 isn’t very big a slightly larger tent would be much better. Or you could run autos in a 4 x 4.

Hey bro .
Thanks for those Amherst sour Diesel clones bro. My buddy is hoping to grow them out nice I will get pics later of they work out helping him get going also lent him my unit farm ufo120 . ..

Your a good dude deanwest

Hey guys thanks for the input @Pennywise . So the tent I’m working with is a multiroom tent with a 1x2 veg space and a 2x2 flower space I do have the second tent flowering right now but I will have to take it down after this run. So I was hoping I could do something with this space . We have house inspections every 6 months from the landlords so I have to take the 2x4 down , gives me a chance to really keep everything clean I take lights apart clean them out. But I wish I could just keep the 2x3 as that veg in there and flower in the cool basement. This 2x3 fits in my upstairs closet and it’s hidden so I won’t have to take it down constantly. Only downfall is I’m gonna have to use smaller pots and true living organics tent to do better in larger pots so I may have to re think how I’m going. To keep these plants going . I may have to run a drip system for having such small pots in flower.
@Kingjoe83 he brother anytime you want sour d clones let me know my friend .

03/08/20
DAY 28 of 12/12 I want to say day 18 of flower.
journal update
I’m gonna keep this short and sweet just to get up to date here

I’ve been steadily giving these plants microbes for the bloom stage, they are very healthy and happy

map here is Amherst sour diesel pheno type number 1 . She is definitely the biggest of the two. If you don’t remember I almost lost the first one because I left it in a solo cup too long and in 24 hrs she dried out and fell over but came back to life . But this number one is possibly the one I will keep around but who knows both have nice things about them.
3CEA186E-50EA-4961-9660-1469501DAFB2.jpeg

9E490A87-23EE-4592-BF84-1468CAEF1345.jpeg

3B6572C2-4BC9-4D24-930A-B6411044263C.jpeg

D7DA7AE4-4EEB-4579-9823-79AC5DC31AC2.jpeg

3167D1DF-20AB-467D-8D9E-917817D4F536.jpeg

EBCE218C-9D2D-4457-8ADB-DD5A9CCE6B60.jpeg

And here is Amherst sour diesel oheno type number 2

4E0F58A6-9C6D-4115-A4C3-4DF92CCE5C54.jpeg

28D189C5-ABBB-4B1D-A183-921F0A320D80.jpeg

94C7A494-200B-4510-B773-6D6519713973.jpeg

78619153-DE4E-4CED-8C3A-9C77CB66148D.jpeg

so here we are up to date in the sativa tent right now . I just put another asd # 1 intothe room and aswell as a clone right into 12/12 just trying to see if anything cool happens.

Also new update , I just got 4 new strains to start and their in the process of becoming a part of this world , so I got bubbas gift by HSO northern lights by canuks seeds sugar breath HSO and blue dream by HSO so I am super excited to grow these out and see what comes of them . My friend has a bunch of black do Lato by in house genetics . regular seeds he wants me to get going to get a female and start cloning so hopefully a female comes of that so a lot of new things to come. Just such little space to work with . May have to get a small mother tent to accommodate some of my new Permanent residents. Thanks again guys and gals

So after starting 7 seeds I only have 2 that made it , honestly very discouraged about my seed starting game , the worst part is I start all the seeds from my hermie plants just to practice , i toss them after cause I’m not going to grow potential hermies but. I was getting 100% germination rates , all my vegatables and herbs I have perfect success , but as soon as I go to start a seed I paid for I fuck it up every time like I soent 100$ and I only got 2 seedlings out of it . Like I follow everything to the t temps humidity light levels , and I still fuck it up . Today I had a perfect sugar breath seedling with the seed stuck on it so I went to give it a little tug and I pulled the whole head off the seed , I almost wanted to just flip my tent and say fuck it , I was so upset. So can anyone please help me what am I doing wrong. I had this whole 4 strain grow planned to do a new journal in my new tent and now I only have 2 seedlings . I am so discouraged about the grow so far it’s making me not even wanting to document it.
I plan on doing oheno hunts but if I’m starting 5 seeds to get 1 not much of a oheno hunt ,

the worst part is here in Ontario we don’t have places you can go buy clones of all different strains, we don’t have that here . I wish we did. Cause I don’t think I’d ever waste my money on seeds again

my last mint og grow started 5only got 2 to veg like this is awful and I need help

does anyone else struggle with starting seeds ??

@Kingjoe83 this guy is saving my ass and starting a seed for me out of his own personal bean collection , I really appreciate the hemp brotherman.This wouldn’t be the first time you’ve saved me man. I really appreciate your friendship joe.

Not sure what your preferred method is but if they come up with the helmet still attached just plant the seed a little deeper. I soak my seeds for around 16-18 hours then place them in a damp paper towel. The paper towel goes in a sandwich baggy that I leave open for air. I place the baggy on my cable box for a little warmth. I have good success with they routine. Seeds need moisture, air and warmth to germinate. Also keep them out of direct light when germinating.

Honestly what I have been doing obviously is t working well , but I put the seed in glass of water on a heat Matt in the dark and in 2 days it’s still floating with a 1/4 inch tap root so then it goes right into the soil . So the soil I was using I found out it gets a little firm when it’s watered and they were pushing through so I switched to peat pellet , and obvs it wasn’t planted deep about cause the helmet was still on. So now that I switched to the peat pellet there germinating , I just need to plant them deeper and I’ll be good to go .

once the seed is out of the ground and I see green I do fine from this point .
Over the past week I have learned a lot , it was an expensive lesson but I learned something .

Also I was putting the seeds under a light as soon as it was in a medium should I leave lights off until it’s out of the ground with no helmet ?

thanks for sharing your method with me . Honestly I am going to pic3 methods . Take 12 hermie seeds and do 4 each of a different method and whichever one has the best success rate I will start my actual growing seeds that way . But thisis costing me to much wasting seeds like this . Like in 4 years I’ve had 15 seeds get wasted

Once planted in medium you use normal 18/6 lighting. 2 days is way to long to leave them soaking in water. They are probably using up too much energy in the water. They have little left to push up through the medium. 16-18 hours in water is more than enough.

03/28/20

DAY 48 OF FLOWER !!

Journal update: hey everyone I hope all of you are keeping yourselves and your family’s safe during this time, it has really given me time to bond with my kids more , I usually work long hours and don’t see them much during the week. My wife works I. Health care so I had to be the stay at home parent. No problem :) but it has given tons of time to catch up on a lot of things around here . i hope all of you are getting some good quality family time.

Environment: so this grow has been on cruise control for the past few weeks , I am keeping my lights on temps around 23-25 degrees Celsius and 18-20 degrees Celsius lights off. My humidity is set to 40% and will be finishing around 30% rh

Watering/ Feeding: so I have been just watering when pots are light , I am watering from the bottom and letting them wick the water up. Asd # 1 needs water every other day and asd #2 needs water every 3-4 days at this point .

I fed both of these girls their last feeding in week 4-5 flower so they will be fine from here on out. They are looking wonderful

Once a week I dose each of my plants with RAW NPK’s microbes ( bloom version for flower) and honestly from my last grows to this , I am not struggling to maintain microlife in soil and the girls are showing their gratitude.

asd #1 - so from day one this oheno took the lead , she was growing very fast and vigorous. I was so impressed with the veg on this plant. She has very nice long tall colas their not that phat yet but they’ll get there , beautiful trichome production and a Gastly smell that is out of this world , she’s gonna he a good yielding plant for sure , but I am all about the quality , I’d rather less yield with higher quality to be honest . I do smoke my flower so I like it to be as nice as possible . Thoe bag apeal isn’t ideal for me it’s always a bonus ( some of the best pot I smiled looked like grass almost I would have never paid for it but it was the best I smoked so far) so bag apeal isn’t all. But I am super happy with this oheno type I will keep a clone around I think

asd #2: so right from the start I really messed this one up , transplant day from solo cups I transplanted #1 and got lazy and left 2 for the next day . Next day came and she was flat on the ground dried out looked like air embolism. I watered her and left her and she did come back but by the time she did she was significantly smaller then number one , I did the best I could and pulled all my tricks to get her to fill out like 1. And I achieved this but then I dropped a fan and lost 2 main branches on one side by the time I got to the tent there was no repairing with tape and secure she was lost . So now we are 3/4 way through flower and this oheno has really started to shine , she has huge phat colas and I’m pretty sure this is the one I’m going to keep as far as bulk I may keep both depends on the smoke test.

there is also another asd 1 in a 3 gal smart pot I trained out to fill the leftover space and a asd 1 in a 2 gal sent into flower right from clone just to see if it be worth doing a sea of green

So let’s jump into this updates ohotos

Amherst sour diesel #1

Amherst sour diesel #2

Here’s a few of everything

so we are now up to date with this grow here I will just be adding microbes and watering from here on out.

I will be starting another grow journal featuring my multiroom micro grow tent , but things are a little behind schedule , I dropped the ball and didn’t stick to my tried and true method and I lost a bunch of beans . So I only have a 3 that took 1 took instantly so it’s already in a 1 gal while the other are still in solo cups , their not looking the happiest but I’m kinda stuck with what until my new medium is cooked and ready to be used. Be another 2 weeks , so will just be adding microbes and hope it they bounce back. But once I get everything starting to show growth everyday and I’m not embarrassed as fuck I will be starting the journal .

MY NEXT GROW JOURNAL I START AFTER THE ONE I AM ABOUT TO START I WILL BE STARTING IT AT THE GERMINATION STAGE AMD WHATEVER I MESS UP , because I will mess up .YOU GUYS WILL BE RIGHT THERE TO BE ABLE TO CALL ME ON WHAT I AM DOING .

thanks everyone :adore:

Looking good Dean, we all screw up but it’s about how quick you recover.
I honestly got way to excited and idk if it’s because I got some rosin and tried that the first time and been smoking it lately and I just got stupid or what but I did not do anything that I’ve done in my previous grows and it just goes to show lack of planning results in failure so I set soil up amended inoculated and now it’s sitting so now I am waiting to the 2 bubbas gift seedlings to start showing me something . What do you think I should do penny ,
51DB38F6-1002-4572-B258-0DB02C7A3F35.jpeg

the one on the left I hardened it off to fast and dried up and I just left it in the dome for a few days and started seeing new growth so that set it back big time , so what I did was I put bokashi grow proin my medium put it in the solo cups and put my seedlings in I did 7 4 of them came up with a piece of bokashi on the stem and they turned to fuzz ( I didn’t let it cookfirst ) so I know where I fucked up .But Nowthey are up and looking like shit , the northern lights looked the same but grew fast and still is but when I transplanted the NL the new growth looks nice I probably have enough Soil ready to gofor transplant just these 2 but they are so small I don’t want to transplant them and then them get slowed down even more , what do you think I should do ?

Back
Top Bottom