Growing Cannabis 101: Dean West’s Indoor, Multi Room Tent, Multi Strain, QB, Organic Micro Grow

No idea really... i never really measured... and I have added more over time to further dilute the mix... I still have at least a gallon of this stored in a glass jar.... 3 years in it still smells powerful and sweet.
That’s really awaome I guess as far as the water , it will evaporate down to a slurry regardless at some point I think. But I am happy to hear 3 years later and it’s still good to use .
So can I ask , do you add this to you true living organics grow when you water from time to time ?
Also could I use a medium such as promix as a experiment and just use the dandelion extracts start to finish just wondering if it’s already in its most available form after fermenting . I would love to try a grow with no added supliments except what I’m making here .

I’m just a little concerned to add it to my Pre amended supersoil , I don't want to burn anything , I know how powerful this stuff is from your tutorial ,also say I had this stuff when my northern lights was starting to show a serious p deficiency as well as a few other , if I had this and added it, do you think the plant would have recovered from that point instead of keep declining like it did . But again with the question , is it already in the most available form for the plant to take up. It’s been a year since I read the whole tutorial and I could probably just go find the answer. But I just don’t want to do the research like I did on compost teas and not understand the fundamentals of compost teas , and it caused a lot of struggles in my grow, but you were very blunt and straight up told me I don’t understand compost teas and you were 100% right . So I just want to start using this stuff with the right knowledge to do so .
:peace:

That’s really awaome I guess as far as the water , it will evaporate down to a slurry regardless at some point I think. But I am happy to hear 3 years later and it’s still good to use .
So can I ask , do you add this to you true living organics grow when you water from time to time ?
Also could I use a medium such as promix as a experiment and just use the dandelion extracts start to finish just wondering if it’s already in its most available form after fermenting . I would love to try a grow with no added supliments except what I’m making here .

I’m just a little concerned to add it to my Pre amended supersoil , I don't want to burn anything , I know how powerful this stuff is from your tutorial ,also say I had this stuff when my northern lights was starting to show a serious p deficiency as well as a few other , if I had this and added it, do you think the plant would have recovered from that point instead of keep declining like it did . But again with the question , is it already in the most available form for the plant to take up. It’s been a year since I read the whole tutorial and I could probably just go find the answer. But I just don’t want to do the research like I did on compost teas and not understand the fundamentals of compost teas , and it caused a lot of struggles in my grow, but you were very blunt and straight up told me I don’t understand compost teas and you were 100% right . So I just want to start using this stuff with the right knowledge to do so .
:peace:
You have hit me with a question that I really don't have the answer to, so you are going to get a little bit of speculation as a response. I have never tried running a grow on just the dandelion extract. We know what the proper NPK should be, or at least we think we do, to feed these plants, although the needs do vary a bit between stages of the grow. We are distilling the essence of another weed down in these dandelions though, and logic tells us that what the need, what they are made of, is in there and that it should also be just what our plants need. It is an interesting question and one that I am going to investigate in a future grow, but I see no reason to believe that it wouldn't work. You never know till you try.

Regarding the fears of adding it to an already highly energized soil...
First, tip burning. There is a big difference... a huge difference as a matter of fact, between a little bit of tip burning and a toxicity situation. The only time we ever really see toxicity directly is in when Nitrogen is over applied. The classic claw is a result, and the deep forest greens that happen as you approach this point, but most of the other overages show up as lockouts of other elements before we get a big reaction from the leaves. That little bit of tip burn, that little triangle of complaint at the ends of the leaves... that is much more desirable to have than a deficiency. The old adage is that if you aren't at least burning the tips, you are not trying hard enough. This has always been my growing philosophy, that if I was going to use nutes and supplements, then I am trying to push my plants right up to the edge... that that tip burn is an almost immediate signal from the plant that I am right where I want to be... not too much to cause problems, but enough to definitely be noticed. I can actually study the various layers of a plant vertically, noting where tip burning happened and where it didn't, knowing that last watering will affect the very newest top growth, and I can gauge the effectiveness of my nute program and indeed my soil, by what the plant is telling me. Tip burning, contrary to bro science, is your friend.

Next, consider an organic grow. All the nutrients a plant could ever want or need, right there in the soil. Can you over fertilize an organic grow? Typically all of my organic grows have consistent tip burning from top to bottom. I believe that the same process that burns the tips is also the process that sends signals down through the roots to the microbes telling them to hold on... we have enough for now. It is a natural thing that happens in a natural grow where everything the plant could want or need, is in there, available to the plant.

So what happens when you add a superaccumulator like dandelion extract to the mix? There are two things to consider... the micronutrients, amino acids and additional specialized microbes it brings with it, and the jolt of all of the major nutrients in an immediately available form. The roots do what they do and when they suck up the water, in come the nutrients via their various paths. The plants may see in this jolt, some things they were having trouble getting in the soil and they will get a big jolt of everything they need with this powerful supplement. No signals will be sent to the roots on that cycle that more nutrition is needed, so fewer exudates will be sent to reward the microbes, and that part of the feeding cycle will slow down just as much as it needs to, always following the plant's orders, as to what it needs.

In any organic grow, if you want to stop the organic feeding cycle, start feeding an immediately available nutrient program, megacrop for instance. The organics go on hold, the immediately available nutrient takes precedence. In nature, all things follow the path of least resistance. So while the experiment to try growing on just extract is a valid one, keep in mind why you would want to use it in an organic grow... you are supplementing. You are attempting to occasionally, shore up or even supercharge whatever might be lacking in the microbe/soil balance. There is nothing wrong with using it now and again for these reasons, but always be aware of the larger impact of all things you add to the grow. All good things in moderation.

You have hit me with a question that I really don't have the answer to, so you are going to get a little bit of speculation as a response. I have never tried running a grow on just the dandelion extract. We know what the proper NPK should be, or at least we think we do, to feed these plants, although the needs do vary a bit between stages of the grow. We are distilling the essence of another weed down in these dandelions though, and logic tells us that what the need, what they are made of, is in there and that it should also be just what our plants need. It is an interesting question and one that I am going to investigate in a future grow, but I see no reason to believe that it wouldn't work. You never know till you try.

Regarding the fears of adding it to an already highly energized soil...
First, tip burning. There is a big difference... a huge difference as a matter of fact, between a little bit of tip burning and a toxicity situation. The only time we ever really see toxicity directly is in when Nitrogen is over applied. The classic claw is a result, and the deep forest greens that happen as you approach this point, but most of the other overages show up as lockouts of other elements before we get a big reaction from the leaves. That little bit of tip burn, that little triangle of complaint at the ends of the leaves... that is much more desirable to have than a deficiency. The old adage is that if you aren't at least burning the tips, you are not trying hard enough. This has always been my growing philosophy, that if I was going to use nutes and supplements, then I am trying to push my plants right up to the edge... that that tip burn is an almost immediate signal from the plant that I am right where I want to be... not too much to cause problems, but enough to definitely be noticed. I can actually study the various layers of a plant vertically, noting where tip burning happened and where it didn't, knowing that last watering will affect the very newest top growth, and I can gauge the effectiveness of my nute program and indeed my soil, by what the plant is telling me. Tip burning, contrary to bro science, is your friend.

Next, consider an organic grow. All the nutrients a plant could ever want or need, right there in the soil. Can you over fertilize an organic grow? Typically all of my organic grows have consistent tip burning from top to bottom. I believe that the same process that burns the tips is also the process that sends signals down through the roots to the microbes telling them to hold on... we have enough for now. It is a natural thing that happens in a natural grow where everything the plant could want or need, is in there, available to the plant.

So what happens when you add a superaccumulator like dandelion extract to the mix? There are two things to consider... the micronutrients, amino acids and additional specialized microbes it brings with it, and the jolt of all of the major nutrients in an immediately available form. The roots do what they do and when they suck up the water, in come the nutrients via their various paths. The plants may see in this jolt, some things they were having trouble getting in the soil and they will get a big jolt of everything they need with this powerful supplement. No signals will be sent to the roots on that cycle that more nutrition is needed, so fewer exudates will be sent to reward the microbes, and that part of the feeding cycle will slow down just as much as it needs to, always following the plant's orders, as to what it needs.

In any organic grow, if you want to stop the organic feeding cycle, start feeding an immediately available nutrient program, megacrop for instance. The organics go on hold, the immediately available nutrient takes precedence. In nature, all things follow the path of least resistance. So while the experiment to try growing on just extract is a valid one, keep in mind why you would want to use it in an organic grow... you are supplementing. You are attempting to occasionally, shore up or even supercharge whatever might be lacking in the microbe/soil balance. There is nothing wrong with using it now and again for these reasons, but always be aware of the larger impact of all things you add to the grow. All good things in moderation.
Thank you very much , once again above and beyond. I think I will just suppliment what I have going on for now , but I do love a good experiment. I am super excited to see how far I can push this dandelion extract in the future.

It really makes me happy to hear you tell me about pushing your plants to the limits to the point of small tip burn, I always though of this to be a bad thing in my grow , again lack of knowledge , idk if it’s the fact my family life is so buisy I can’t put the time I want to in my gross , for instance harvest time , when my kids go to be I have to stay up all night to trim and process everything. so it’s defiantly a juggle for me, but I do need to dedicate some time just to study and actually document my findings in my paper journals , draw diagrams kinda thing, I have to write everything down. But I have noticed it a lot in my grows , I have also encountered the less more dangerous nitrogen toxicity claw aswell, but hardly and deficiencys, I had a few here and there and some were major but it wasn’t a constant issue. Boosting microbial life fixed all of my deficiencies.
thank you so much for this . I always wondered what was going on in a super enriched soil while adding something in its most available form . I had no idea what was really going on .
but this also is why I want to get the true living organics book and do some reading.
But I will take your advice I won’t do a , promix type grow with the extracts I will just sumpliment what I’m doing , and then I may try just a rich microbial soil that’s not hot with nutrients and see how it goes . For science.

so another thing has come to mind , Mega crop
I wanted to try this out I’ve seen a lot of great results with the product and I wanted to try it out sometime . Would I use my organic soil with this , or would I be wanting to do a more soilless medium .

I really appreciate your help and guidance through all of this , it really means a lot to me :peace:

so another thing has come to mind , Mega crop
I wanted to try this out I’ve seen a lot of great results with the product and I wanted to try it out sometime . Would I use my organic soil with this , or would I be wanting to do a more soilless medium .
You can use megacrop in any medium, it really doesn't matter. In soilless mediums it seems to be more pH picky and people are careful to adjust to the low end of the 6's, while in soil based mediums it seems to be not as important to make any adjustment, and the use of unfiltered tap water seems to be ok too. Because of the pickiness of the water based mediums, I tend to enjoy running soil, more. Then, regarding soils, since MC takes over the entire feeding cycle, I would recommend going with any good soil, organic or otherwise, and additional myco would be a plus later on to help in picking up phosphorus... but again, it is not necessary to be successful with Megacrop. A minerally rich soil will not be depleted at all when using MC, since the organic feeding cycle will be inactive. Supersoil/organic will work as well as Promix MC.

Hey everyone just a quick update here , when my kids go to bed is when I can get most of my “plant stuff” done . So today my wife picked up some 5 gal fabric pots, so I transplanted the White OG - seedsman seeds , I took some clones off the white og have them soaking over night .
Also transpl
Bubbas gift - HSO
Funny thing is I measured out 8 gal of medium , out 2 gal in the bottom of the fabric pot put my 2 gallon transplanted plant in and it took 3 more gallons to fill the sides up , and I still have lots of room for pine bark mulch layer .
so tomorrow I will be transplanting
-Northern lights
-mint chocolate OG F1
-blue dream
-sugar breath

I plant in sending the white og and bubbas gift into flower once they grow 6” vertical, my last grows I have tied down and flipped and I didn’t get the cola size I wanted so I will grow them up then flip and whatever isn’t getting a good strong amount of light I will remove once the stretch is over . Hoping to get some taller colas this time round.

the other day I moved the quantum board and 1 mars 300 into the 2x4 for now see if I can make it work , I have another mars 300 upstairs in the 2x2 Now . I just wanted to flower under the white light .
I’m hopeing within the next little while I can have enough money put aside for a new light for the 2x4 . My mars 144 and 1 300 are out of commission until I can get a bunch of white leds ( same ones that are in the model) and replace all the Burnt our blues with whites . The blues get probably 1/4 of the life as the other diodes for some reason . So that will be a little project so they have been cleaned and put away for now , maybe I could even just get new aluminum heat sink plates and find some QB pannels if I can use the same drivers bonus but I could always just gut it re use the stuff somewhere else and do a full Qb overhaul on the 144 . I think just replacing the whites would be the most cost affective . The wheels just turning with ideas . I would like to just get either a mars hydro tsl2000 for the 2x4 or get 2 sp 250s and run them dimmed down . What are your thoughts on the tsl-2000 vs the sp250 what makes these lights better or different from one another . Why would someone buy the sp250 over the tsl2000 or vise versa. Just really want to hear some opinions on this one :peace:

Absolutely love it Dean! You are going to love the supplements you just made... very powerful stuff!
Thanks emilya for helping him out really appreciate what you have been doing ..

Thank you very much for the guidance and the journal of you doing this yourself, so we can all see the true potential of the dandelion and the power of nature, I still have a ton to go through and with all the time in my hands I’m all about doing some little side projects. I can’t wait use this stuff on my vegetables. And possibly introduce it into my grow tents . So I’m hoping by the end of the summer or even next summer I can use this stuff .
the only thing I’m having a hard time getting enough of is the roots so I got one of thoes long screwdiver type weed picker , ingonna soak my lawn the try to cut the root off as low as possible to getenough to be making a root compound , I need atleast 1 kg of root but I would orefet to get 2 so they can all be the same size and weight.
How much distilled water did you end up adding in the end of it all? Just curious.
have a great day:peace:
Erin is going on plant few things in my garden too one mari gold's I need to find .. two sunflower Google that and the benefits it attacks beneficial pest to protect from.Hoppers I think she said .

Man I love this shit. ..

No idea really... i never really measured... and I have added more over time to further dilute the mix... I still have at least a gallon of this stored in a glass jar.... 3 years in it still smells powerful and sweet.
3 spanking years holy moly shelf life and cheap too nice

06/02/20

Journal update: hey everyone here with another journal update , updates haven’t been as frequent as I would like them to be, but lots has changed since the last update, I guess I’ll get right into it.
So as you know I got approval to use my 2x4 to flower in, so that’s exactly what I’m doing. I got the 2x4 all cleaned out , I tore down the leds and cleaned them out , aswell as the in-line fan . I cleaned the whole basement head to toe and removed all my soil totes to the garage. I left the basement plant free and soil free for 10 days. I figure since the adult life cycle is 8 days that 10 days would make it so no reproducing is happening , but their fungas gnats I’m pretty sure they just went to the drains in the floor in the basement Idk .
So now I have my flower room ready I am super excited.
I honestly wanted to try using the 3x2 but the divider wall is not light proof , it’s a terrible design, I could tape the crap out of it but I am too ocd to do that . So I’m looking into a 4x3 3 in 1 made by a high end company it’s pretty pricey but the divider is very well planned out and is light proof. ( I think I can make all my stuff work in that space)

So for now the tent upstairs will have veg space 1 as the 2x2 side , veg space 2 and veg space 3 will be the 2 stacked spaces.

so my plant will be to take clones from plants in veg space 3, and put them in a dome in veg space 2. Once their rooted I’ll put them into veg space 1 and from there I will start the training .

now for the flower room right now I have 3 plants in there , currently on 18/6 until the plants fill out a bit more .

Transplanting- The past few days I have spent my spare time transplanting, it was probably the biggest transplant sesh I’ve ever had , so I thought it was worthy of its own paragraph,
So first of all I started transplanting everything that’s in small pots , I used my usual soil my usual amendments , everything the same .
So in my last post I left off having to transplant
Northern lights ,mint chocolate OG F1,blue dream, sugar breath. So I got Those all transplanted into 2 gal fabric pots.
So just to re cap everything .The white og and bubbas gift F1 were up potted into 5 gal fabric pots , but I was able to add 5 gal of medium on top of the 2 gal plants put into the pot, I am okay with this.
NOTE- The amendments I have chosen to work with is from Gaja green , I also add “Spanish tiver carbonate”( Canadian product mined here and bagged). Glacial rock dust also Gaja green . And I use raw npk microbes grow and bloom versions , this is all I use in my grows start to finish. So for veg my ratios are 75% Gaja green all purpose, and 25% power bloom , I add 1 tbs of SRC and Glacial rock dust per gal of medium . These two combined contain a plethora of macro and micro nutrients , now these two products are a great source of the secondary macro nutrients like calcium magnesium and sulphur and some of the primary’s like N-p-k
Now the micro nutrients is why it really using these products , they contain so many trace elements and minerals that I feel are essential to the overall quality of my soil.
now for the flip to flower I use 50/50 ratios of the power bloom and all purpose , and for flower it’s 75% power bloom and 25% all purpose . When transplanted I get about 5 weeks of feeding after the 4th week I top dress. Now too dressings don’t last as long for some reason I tend to get 3 weeks off of a top dressing.

Veg space 1 - temps are sitting at around 23 degrees Celsius and rh of 55% with lights on , and about 20 with lights off .currently has everything in 2 gal fabric pots . There is the northern lights , blue dream, sugar breath, mint chocolate og F1, and F2

Veg space 2- In this space temps are around 26 degrees Celsius. so this space is just holding my potential mothers for now in 5”x5” square pots .
So far I have a white og, bubbas gift F1, Northern lights , Amherst sour diesel F1 and F2 ( want time do one more run on the asd and see if I can improve on the next one) then I will decide if one or none will stay .

Veg space 3- the temps in this space are slightly cooler then veg space 2. This space I just have a clone dome going on filled with OGKZ and white og clones , I have 2 more trays I am going to fill . I have a lot of friends and family to gift some of these clones to but I plan to plant clusters of plants on some private land in my area.

Flower space- let’s talk temps in this space first of all, so with lights on it’s siting at a wonderful 24 degrees Celsius, and an RH of 70% I absolutly love the inline fan set up I have , it speeds up and slows down to maintain temps and RH. GAME CHANGER <for me . Lights off she gets about 17-18 degrees Celsius. There is currently there is the white og in a 5 gal fabric pot, and the bubbas gift F1 in a 5 gal pot also. I stuck the OGKZ into the tent aswell she has blown up really nice , she will go into 5 gal pot in the next few days , all in the 2x4.Then I hope to set the tent into darkness for 24 hrs to kickstart the 12/12 schedule. There’s no so specific reason for me doing this , I just read it may induce flower a few days earlier who knows , but I’ll save on power for 24 hrs
:thumb: :morenutes:

UPDATE: finally my raw npk microbes for the grow stage have arrived . So all my plants will get hammered with microbes.
So my plan to not have this issue again will be to purchase 2lbs bags of the microbes @120$ each which honestly is a lot cheaper then what I’m doing now , so now I pay 19-24$ for a 2oz bag which on average lasts if I’m just adding to 2 plants a month but 2 oz will me used almost a week with all the plants going in , especially the ones in the smaller pots I will have apply weekly to keep microbial life as abundant as possible .

Training- I have been just topping these plants leaving 8 nodes left and growing them out into a * type of shape but with one more / in it lol
I want to try and do one mainlined , try another manifolded into the 8-10 colas. I tend to use the nugbuckets morbid . I also want to try just not topping and tying the plants down and let them fill out but I think I won’t be able to manage the space as well idk we shall see, learning curve in motion here.

I almost have enough $$ put aside to get my new light for the 2x4 so I can stuff the QB back in the 2x2 ,so here we are up to date , and from now on I will do smaller updates throughout the week so this isn’t so much info and also so it doesn’t take me 2 days to complete . I hope yall are keeping safe and enjoying time with your family’s :peace:
love you guys

Jesus penny one thing after another buddy. Get some rest buddy. Easy dude.
I have a large blood clot in my left leg. I’m on blood thinners to dissolves it. Hurts like a bitch! Lol

Hey guys been kinda off the grid for the past little while , did some fishing in northern Ontario, time to get back to the grind , I had someone care for my plants when I was gone . And when I came back they were all so much bigger , so instantly I put the flower tent into 24 hr darkness to kick off the start of flower .
How’s your leg doing @Pennywise hope your feeling better man.

Back
Top Bottom