Growing Cannabis 101: Dean West Quest To A Successful Sativa Harvest

Just trying to make the best of what these crazy times bring! Bunkered down at home with the wife and daughter. My last day of work was on Monday, and I’m already starting to go stir crazy. The wife is due for a scheduled c section in May. Noticed My hot tub was leaking today... scrambled around to do what I can with it. Managed to slow the leak down and found the gasket I need that needs to be replaced. It’s still cold(er) here in Alberta and we’re set to get another big dump of snow. I’ve got the leak slowed down, and should hold out till we get some warmer temps.

stay safe man!! Enjoy your time with your boys!!
Hey man things are going to get rough financially here shortly for all of us. I got stir crazy too brother sounds like your getting lots done though brother , nice to know your a fellow Canadian. Funny how us men get weird after a week of not working eh. Anyways I hope you guys keep safe and I wish you and your family the best

ive Got plenty of tasks that need to be done around the house. I.e the fence needs to be rebuilt, I also need to build a sliding fence in the back so I can park my trailer in the back. The alley is pretty small behind my house so I don’t have much room to get the fifth wheel in there. I also need to build an rv pad in the back (eventually) for the trailer... I do a lot of looking back there and picturing in my head what I plan to do... if only planning actually gets it done, cause it would be finished by now if it did...:laughtwo:

ive Got plenty of tasks that need to be done around the house. I.e the fence needs to be rebuilt, I also need to build a sliding fence in the back so I can park my trailer in the back. The alley is pretty small behind my house so I don’t have much room to get the fifth wheel in there. I also need to build an rv pad in the back (eventually) for the trailer... I do a lot of looking back there and picturing in my head what I plan to do... if only planning actually gets it done, cause it would be finished by now if it did...:laughtwo:
Haha brother I know the feeling man I finally got outside and racked and seeded my lawns , but I’ve been watching everything that needs work as the snow melts just wanting to do something about it and like you if I just did it it be done . Sounds like you have a lot going in man. I really want to get a trailer for me and my family to take trips to random places in Canada . I’ve done a lot of travelling for work in Canada but never just to go with the family . Must be a blast eh .
So will you be pouring a concrete pad for the trailer ? Sounds like a lot of work for one dude, but we got nothing but time right now

:goof: Straight loco!:laughtwo:

I find my self staring out my Windows a lot... just standing there like a creep
I thought I was the only paranoid looking dude who did that.

Haha brother I know the feeling man I finally got outside and racked and seeded my lawns , but I’ve been watching everything that needs work as the snow melts just wanting to do something about it and like you if I just did it it be done . Sounds like you have a lot going in man. I really want to get a trailer for me and my family to take trips to random places in Canada . I’ve done a lot of travelling for work in Canada but never just to go with the family . Must be a blast eh .
So will you be pouring a concrete pad for the trailer ? Sounds like a lot of work for one dude, but we got nothing but time right now
The wife and I used it quite a bit three years ago. We went a full year without using it, because of the baby. We took it out twice last year, and plan on using it at least one time this year.. I’d like to take it out more often but sadly, our schedule always prevented us from taking it out. The wife worked every Saturday so it was always a buzz kill for making plans on the weekend. She’s on mat leave for a year now so we might be able to take it out this year. As long as the finances are on track, and this covid19 business cooperates...

we normally don’t go too far with the trailer but it’s sure better then tenting it! I wouldn’t even know what it’s like to camp in a tent with a baby (or two for that matter).

Yeah I’ll need to pour a pad (eventually) I hope to get the fence taken care of this year so I can atleast use some cement blocks to park the the trailer on temporarily Back there. Then next year (or when ever) get my pad poured. This year I had Hoped to get my windows all replaced and add some More blown in insulation into my attic... I mean, as long as my finances are allowing me to do it.

I'm in for the final show :popcorn:
Holy jumpins a new person to the table welcome capedape , I appreciate you taking the time to check out what’s going on here , I appreciate any and all advice.
Hope all is well stay safe brotherMan
The wife and I used it quite a bit three years ago. We went a full year without using it, because of the baby. We took it out twice last year, and plan on using it at least one time this year.. I’d like to take it out more often but sadly, our schedule always prevented us from taking it out. The wife worked every Saturday so it was always a buzz kill for making plans on the weekend. She’s on mat leave for a year now so we might be able to take it out this year. As long as the finances are on track, and this covid19 business cooperates...

we normally don’t go too far with the trailer but it’s sure better then tenting it! I wouldn’t even know what it’s like to camp in a tent with a baby (or two for that matter).

Yeah I’ll need to pour a pad (eventually) I hope to get the fence taken care of this year so I can atleast use some cement blocks to park the the trailer on temporarily Back there. Then next year (or when ever) get my pad poured. This year I had Hoped to get my windows all replaced and add some More blown in insulation into my attic... I mean, as long as my finances are allowing me to do it.
man that would be even nice to just do close to home trips I have 3 young boys so I know what it’s like to have things put aside brother , and honestly before I had kids I never could imagine having kids I was very selfish . Now I won’t buy a thing for myself unless the kids have what they need , man camping in a tent with kids is a lot of work and you honestly don’t get any sleep haha . So you got the right idea my friend .
Is there any programs going on where you get incentives for updating your windows and r factor of your insulation. ? I hope things don’t get too fucked up for you , I had to take a lay off and my wife works in health care now she’s got a cold so now has to take 2 weeks off protocol so things are gonna get right squirrelly around here the next few weeks .
Keep safe brotherman

I have 3 young boys
Ouch! That’s salt on the wound!

I’ll have two girls running around within two months. If we try to get another boy, I don’t like my odds. :laughtwo: I’ll end up with three girls, the exact opposite of you!

before I had kids I never could imagine having kids I was very selfish
That’s kinda funny. Before we had our first. I always said, “I’m not ready to have kids, I’m too selfish.” Now that our first is 3 (in May). I wouldn’t want it any other way. She definitely changed my life for the better!

man camping in a tent with kids is a lot of work and you honestly don’t get any sleep haha .
Camping trip with young kids is hard alone, then you bring a tent in the mix. Shit goes sour fast! Hahaha idk how my dad did it with my two brothers and I when we were young! :laughtwo:

Is there any programs going on where you get incentives for updating your windows and r factor of your insulation. ?
I’m not sure, I do know, as a self contractor I can write off a certain percentage of any renovations on the house! :headbanger:

had to take a lay off and my wife works in health care now she’s got a cold so now has to take 2 weeks off protocol so things are gonna get right squirrelly around here the next few weeks .
Keep safe brotherman
I haven’t worked since Monday last week. The wife took a two week time away from work to protect her from the rona. After her two weeks are done, her maternity leave starts. So as the main provider to this household, I’m stressing a bit. I talked to my boss yesterday and his exact words to me were, “Just worry about getting thru this round. You’ll have a job. I promise”

so it kinda made me feel a bit better... who knows how long/bad this is all going to get.:rollit:

Ouch! That’s salt on the wound!

I’ll have two girls running around within two months. If we try to get another boy, I don’t like my odds. :laughtwo: I’ll end up with three girls, the exact opposite of you!

That’s kinda funny. Before we had our first. I always said, “I’m not ready to have kids, I’m too selfish.” Now that our first is 3 (in May). I wouldn’t want it any other way. She definitely changed my life for the better!

Camping trip with young kids is hard alone, then you bring a tent in the mix. Shit goes sour fast! Hahaha idk how my dad did it with my two brothers and I when we were young! :laughtwo:

I’m not sure, I do know, as a self contractor I can write off a certain percentage of any renovations on the house! :headbanger:

I haven’t worked since Monday last week. The wife took a two week time away from work to protect her from the rona. After her two weeks are done, her maternity leave starts. So as the main provider to this household, I’m stressing a bit. I talked to my boss yesterday and his exact words to me were, “Just worry about getting thru this round. You’ll have a job. I promise”

so it kinda made me feel a bit better... who knows how long/bad this is all going to get.:rollit:
Dude congratulations are in order ?? Dude for some reason I read it like you had twins coming in the way and I was like holy jumpins , Honestly been terrified of twins but now that I’m a well seasoned father it would be quite the blessing honestly , . I really want a little girl , But I think another boy would be coming out, my wife says no more kids but I still haven’t got snipped so we’ll see haha . like you said and we both though it before we had kids , I wouldn’t change it for the world , or I wouldn’t have it any other way but you know what I mean. I get so much joy from my boys in the day I have become so deeply I love with my kids I actually find myself getting very emotionally upset if I can’t be there to put them in bed cause work went late , I just don’t want to miss any time with them, my dad wasn’t around much when we were young so I don’t want my kids to feel the way I did growing up . I really need to get my boys out more for some fishing and camping type stuff my youngest is 3 so he’s pretty close to the age where I would feel comfortable enough bringing them . But it would be baby steps back yard to start haha

That is a good bonus of being your own contractor.

The whole work situation is really making me worried I just wish I really stocked up on amendments for the plants , I think I have enough for another full run atleast but will need more microbes .
I think like is going to drastically change , I think traveling won’t be as free as it used to be once this passes.

I really wish you guys a safe delivery with your baby girl , hopefully they get you guys in and out of the hospital .
Your a solid cat @Backlipslide

Dude congratulations are in order ?? Dude for some reason I read it like you had twins coming in the way and I was like holy jumpins , Honestly been terrified of twins but now that I’m a well seasoned father it would be quite the blessing honestly , . I really want a little girl , But I think another boy would be coming out, my wife says no more kids but I still haven’t got snipped so we’ll see haha . like you said and we both though it before we had kids , I wouldn’t change it for the world , or I wouldn’t have it any other way but you know what I mean. I get so much joy from my boys in the day I have become so deeply I love with my kids I actually find myself getting very emotionally upset if I can’t be there to put them in bed cause work went late , I just don’t want to miss any time with them, my dad wasn’t around much when we were young so I don’t want my kids to feel the way I did growing up . I really need to get my boys out more for some fishing and camping type stuff my youngest is 3 so he’s pretty close to the age where I would feel comfortable enough bringing them . But it would be baby steps back yard to start haha

That is a good bonus of being your own contractor.

The whole work situation is really making me worried I just wish I really stocked up on amendments for the plants , I think I have enough for another full run atleast but will need more microbes .
I think like is going to drastically change , I think traveling won’t be as free as it used to be once this passes.

I really wish you guys a safe delivery with your baby girl , hopefully they get you guys in and out of the hospital .
My wife has twins run through her family. She has two other family members that had twins. Having twins has always been on my wife’s mind. Going for a ultrasound we expected them to say, “we have two in there!” Luckily that did not happen. The first pregnancy was an emergency c section, so the wife decided to have another c section this time around. May 20th is the date. May 7th is our first daughters birthday.

still haven’t got snipped
There’s a fighting chance! :high-five:

I just don’t want to miss any time with them, my dad wasn’t around much when we were young so I don’t want my kids to feel the way I did growing up .
I chose to drive for work (sometimes for an hour in a half) one way just so I can be home everyday to be there everyday for her. See her grow up, and see her do the things I watched her do as she grows, and learns. I could have worked away from home making more money, but I chose to be home everyday. My father was supposed to pick us (my two brothers and I) up every second weekend. But we ended up seeing him once a month, if that. I never really had a male figure in my life, and I wanted to be that male figure in my daughters life that I never had. It’s a special thing to be a father! It really is!!

really wish you guys a safe delivery with your baby girl , hopefully they get you guys in and out of the hospital .
Thanks brother!! I hope it’s in and out as well... I just look so forward to holding our daughter that first time. It’s a special moment!!

thanks bro!! I think the same for you as well!!:high-five:

She’s growing fast, should be a nice plant.
Yeah both white og doing well and aggressive as well my white widows are almost on pace to aggressive side root wise blueberry bit behind and lemon og candy only been two days or so.

You going outdoors with them?
The plan now is yes I might keep one for my 4x4 for a 10 gal pot of coco yet to be figured out there but most will go outdoor in holes .

Back
Top Bottom