Growing Cannabis 101: Dean West Quest To A Successful Sativa Harvest

APRIL/19/20

Update DAY 70 Flower

hey I just wanted to give an update these girls are almost ready I put them in the dark for 2 days after drilling a hole in the main stalk to stress them out a bit ( I did it on 2 not the other 2) see if anything different happens. But I did a 20x trichome shot and discovered there’s a few more clear trichomes then I would like . I want more towards the 10-20% amber on the buds themselves , sugar leaves are starting to go amber but not the buds yet. So here’s trichomes shots

Amherst sour diesel #1
8D935E5B-5985-4B86-BDE1-7C9CB7941D92.jpeg

400D2931-6046-4BA9-B0CC-9BF15912AA89.jpeg

Amherst sour diesel #2

C01F396D-6DE4-47C0-B9A0-763866729E44.jpeg

8FB47E80-E570-4D11-B37C-8D4653AB53F9.jpeg

Here are some shots of what the plants look like now . I gave them their last watering last night once they dry out I will harvest the plants

Amherst sour diesel #1

She’s looking nice couldn’t be happier with this

Amherst sour Diesel #2
this pheno has super fat colas it didn’t stretch as much as I thought it would , next time I will not lollipop till after the stretch I really affected my yields by stripping too much away on this one

so this brings us up to current date I hope to have these girls hanging in 3-4 days . I have the plants in a 6 hrs light 18 hrs dark until the pots are dry then I will chop and do my bud washing technique I learned off this group . Idk why but there seems to be a lot of cat hair on my buds this time and I’m not too happy about it’s so hopefully the bud washing cleans them right off.

I will take trichome pics right at harvest date . I will document my drying , I do a slow dry which will take 2-3 weeks by then the rh in the dry space will be at 62% by the time they go into jars. I want to keep the temps around 15 degreesand just do it low and slow try and maximize the goodness out of this strain

thanks everyone for following along my self only posted journal I appreciate everyone of you
Stay safe everyone
:peace:

Attachments

• 16C3D7E5-1712-475C-AED7-7428503BFEA6.jpeg
    16C3D7E5-1712-475C-AED7-7428503BFEA6.jpeg
    938 KB · Views: 39
APRIL/19/20

Update DAY 70 Flower

hey I just wanted to give an update these girls are almost ready I put them in the dark for 2 days after drilling a hole in the main stalk to stress them out a bit ( I did it on 2 not the other 2) see if anything different happens. But I did a 20x trichome shot and discovered there’s a few more clear trichomes then I would like . I want more towards the 10-20% amber on the buds themselves , sugar leaves are starting to go amber but not the buds yet. So here’s trichomes shots

Amherst sour diesel #1
8D935E5B-5985-4B86-BDE1-7C9CB7941D92.jpeg

400D2931-6046-4BA9-B0CC-9BF15912AA89.jpeg

Amherst sour diesel #2

C01F396D-6DE4-47C0-B9A0-763866729E44.jpeg

8FB47E80-E570-4D11-B37C-8D4653AB53F9.jpeg

Here are some shots of what the plants look like now . I gave them their last watering last night once they dry out I will harvest the plants

Amherst sour diesel #1

She’s looking nice couldn’t be happier with this

Amherst sour Diesel #2
this pheno has super fat colas it didn’t stretch as much as I thought it would , next time I will not lollipop till after the stretch I really affected my yields by stripping too much away on this one

so this brings us up to current date I hope to have these girls hanging in 3-4 days . I have the plants in a 6 hrs light 18 hrs dark until the pots are dry then I will chop and do my bud washing technique I learned off this group . Idk why but there seems to be a lot of cat hair on my buds this time and I’m not too happy about it’s so hopefully the bud washing cleans them right off.

I will take trichome pics right at harvest date . I will document my drying , I do a slow dry which will take 2-3 weeks by then the rh in the dry space will be at 62% by the time they go into jars. I want to keep the temps around 15 degreesand just do it low and slow try and maximize the goodness out of this strain

thanks everyone for following along my self only posted journal I appreciate everyone of you
Stay safe everyone
:peace:
Very nice bro can't wait to try it lol

Hey listen next time if you want to show someone the size of buds use a lighter normal size bic or even pop cans lol

Dude I want to try them all lol

Very nice bro can't wait to try it lol

Hey listen next time if you want to show someone the size of buds use a lighter normal size bic or even pop cans lol

Dude I want to try them all lol
Thank you joe , you will for sure be getting some of this stuff man .
Thanks for the tips on the pics man , this is new to me and I’m not the greatest camera man . Thanks for all your help brother. :green_heart:

Just a quick update, today is the day I will be cutting the girls down and starting doc bricks bud washing technique. Its an absolute game changer in quality of bud. Even my indoor grown bud the first bucket is pretty dark From all the dust and debris I think I will invest in a 6” fan with a particulate filter on it to ensure no dust and hair is being pulled into the tent.

Bud washing makes a big difference.
Honestly penny after I tried it the first time with my mint og harvest , I was hooked it make such a big difference. It’s like our veggies in the garden we still wash them even though we know what was put into it to grow it, and our herb in my opinion should be treated the same way before consumption. Hope your having a great day fella . Much love and respect

Back
Top Bottom