LED in the VipersNest

I had wondered if switching the type of lighting would cause problems. That looks pretty problematic.

abort abort!!! Wtf. Guess we learn something here, no hid to led? Thats weired? How close was the light? I would expect that from cfl to led but not hid.

14"

Come to think of it a friend of mine was using LED lights but when we improved his grow room, he decided to put his girls in with the new clones under a 1000w hps.

The girls that had been under the led lights for about 2wks showed signs of stress, while the new clones out grew them in every way even though the girls that had been under led lights where established plants..

interesting

VP you had 2 KK and a whiteberry.. .in the last set of pics the last plant seemed ok...is it strain specific?...Just had two different strains under LED and one suffered from extreme under curl which some have been mentioning, while the other was fine despite exact same enviro and feeding.

VP you had 2 KK and a whiteberry.. .in the last set of pics the last plant seemed ok...is it strain specific?...Just had two different strains under LED and one suffered from extreme under curl which some have been mentioning, while the other was fine despite exact same enviro and feeding.

1 KK 2 WB not that it matters.Ive only had them under 2 12 hr cycles. no water intake....the plants are acting like they are in shock. extremely limp

has anyone even tried it? I think not...
I just don't know !! I just wonder if the light is the problem here ?? Only experience i have like that, is a plant i regenerated under one 90 watt ufo. It's worked like a charm!! I don't think the light is the problem. That 600 might be to powerful to have at 14 inches ?? How big a light was used to veg those those plants ?? Damm man, that's a real bummer !! What does the manufacturer say might be the problem?? Good luck !!:roorrip:

I just don't know !! I just wonder if the light is the problem here ?? Only experience i have like that, is a plant i regenerated under one 90 watt ufo. It's worked like a charm!! I don't think the light is the problem. That 600 might be to powerful to have at 14 inches ?? How big a light was used to veg those those plants ?? Damm man, that's a real bummer !! What does the manufacturer say might be the problem?? Good luck !!:roorrip:

they were under 2000w since day 1. I do agree that I may have had it too close...remember 2 days...Im not going to lose 3 nice ladies and lose 10 oz....Ill just have to try it under a different grow cycle. now you know what happens

wow.. Well I would have warned you but I have never brought a plant under HID veg to LED flower so this is new to me also. My best guess of course is straight up shock to the plant..

A high intensity more specific spectrum close to the plants vs a high intensity wide spectrum- messed with the plants chemistry and in turn put it into shock? I have know idea, just a theory..

I think bringing up the light to say around 30 inches and gradually lowering it would probably give the plants some time to get used to the change. I think they will recover by doing this but its your call of course.

What was the average temp in the room with the led on/off vs the 10 days they did under the 2k hps?

Interested to know other ideas of what may have lead to this problem.

This sucks sorry Pit, but at least we all learned something new and interesting with this tech..

wow.. Well I would have warned you but I have never brought a plant under HID veg to LED flower so this is new to me also. My best guess of course is straight up shock to the plant..

A high intensity more specific spectrum close to the plants vs a high intensity wide spectrum- messed with the plants chemistry and in turn put it into shock? I have know idea, just a theory..

I think bringing up the light to say around 30 inches and gradually lowering it would probably give the plants some time to get used to the change. I think they will recover by doing this but its your call of course.

What was the average temp in the room with the led on/off vs the 10 days they did under the 2k hps?

Interested to know other ideas of what may have lead to this problem.

This sucks sorry Pit, but at least we all learned something new and interesting with this tech..

temps are 65 and 80.......also in basement just in another room in a tent. I didnt measure the LED ambient temp ....it was a few degrees warmer than the other room...no more than 3 though. I think I just shocked the hell ot of it.

I am just worried that since you already put them from HID to LED, they went into shock with the led and now going back to HID, um?? I dont know will that put them into a greater shock?

Maybe let them adjust under the led since they are going through the 'LED shock stage' and see what happens?

Man idk.. your call..

Did you just put them back under the HID? Hormone overload? (Transpiration issue?) Did foliar watering help at all?

I put them under the HPS just now. I didnt foliar....never have. it happened real quick.

Back
Top Bottom