LED in the VipersNest

I put them under the HPS just now. I didnt foliar....never have. it happened real quick.

Sorry man, it is what I would of done...I am a noob, so am reactionary (panicky). Was thinking you might have to foliar water them until whatever shift the plant made that shut down the root intake clears.

:peace:

trouble......plants are not taking any water.....sigificant burning,wilt.etc
I guess its not a good idea to throw from HID to LED. I will have to try something else. Im gonna put them back under the HID for now. Im not risking 3 perfect plants at this point. i will have to start some in veg.
001313.JPG

002351.JPG

003321.JPG

005298.JPG

changing lights shouldnt do that homie. Something else is up. Maybe too close?

Let them stabilize where you have them now if all else is in check then put back to LED in 10-14 days and start far away working closer and closer each dark cycle. I'm sure they are going to look worse before they get better if leaf damage was done but they will recover I'm sure.

I put them under the HPS just now. I didnt foliar....never have. it happened real quick.

Might want to raise the LED and keep them misted to keep from drying out for now....guess they're in shock although we put the LED's in our experiment a couple of days into flower after being under HID without a problem.

IMO i think the light was moved too close too fast. i believe you should break them into the light. start out around 30" and every few days move them closer and closer. 14" that fast is allot for the plants to take in all at once with the stress of 12/12 hitting it to. i would slowly break them in. if you read my old thread i had the same problem with one of my plants because i believe the light was too close too fast. IMO moving them back to HID might cause more stress? i dont know bro these are just my thoughts. wish the best for you brother.

changing lights shouldnt do that homie. Something else is up. Maybe too close?

Let them stabilize where you have them now if all else is in check then put back to LED in 10-14 days and start far away working closer and closer each dark cycle. I'm sure they are going to look worse before they get better if leaf damage was done but they will recover I'm sure.
I respectfully disagree !! I think you should raise the led to maybe 2 foot, and leave them in led lighting. I'm also afraid that the switching back and forh is gonna cause them to go hermie !! I really believe the 3 plants will work it out, if you raise the light. Did ya check the soil runoff for ph ?? Just trying to help, but i feel helpless trying to help a master grower !! Ha !!. But remember, when it comes to leds, you're a newby !!:bong:

And speaking of growing. I have a question for you. I have a widow plant that's 6 months old, and i've always heard and read that an old mama, will be more potent than a young one. So if i take cuttings off the 6 mo old mama , will that clone be 6 mos old, and if i clone off that clone does it just keep getting older and more potent. Mama's getting to big to control, and was thinking 12/12 for her after cloning. Thanks !!

And speaking of growing. I have a question for you. I have a widow plant that's 6 months old, and i've always heard and read that an old mama, will be more potent than a young one. So if i take cuttings off the 6 mo old mama , will that clone be 6 mos old, and if i clone off that clone does it just keep getting older and more potent. Mama's getting to big to control, and was thinking 12/12 for her after cloning. Thanks !!

The clone will be as old as the mom but a plant doesn't keep getting more potent as it goes along. A plant needs to grow for a certain amount of time to mature and reach its potency. That;s why the first part of your theory is right but a plant 3 yrs old doesn't make it more potent then a yr old plant.
One thing to consider with flowering old moms is the space available for their incredible stretch! One way around this is to clone from vegging plants.

The clone will be as old as the mom but a plant doesn't keep getting more potent as it goes along. A plant needs to grow for a certain amount of time to mature and reach its potency. That;s why the first part of your theory is right but a plant 3 yrs old doesn't make it more potent then a yr old plant.
One thing to consider with flowering old moms is the space available for their incredible stretch! One way around this is to clone from vegging plants.
So if i take cuttings off the 6 mo old regenerated mama, and then clone off those cuttings 2 months later, potency will not suffer ??

Sorry to read about the plant troubles Brother. Wish I had some brilliant words to help you out, but my knowledge of LEDs is limited to the theoretical since I've never actually grown with them.

I do know this. You're a hell of a grower and if this grow is to wobbily for you, the next will see you figuring it all out.

Sorry to read about the plant troubles Brother. Wish I had some brilliant words to help you out, but my knowledge of LEDs is limited to the theoretical since I've never actually grown with them.

I do know this. You're a hell of a grower and if this grow is to wobbily for you, the next will see you figuring it all out.

thanx bro...Ill get it

Holy smoke Pit! I just got caught up on this thread and I'm gonna break from the pack and say the light is not the problem. This looks like a problem in the root zone from a lock up or toxicity issue and I would transplant the ladies if they're in soil to get them to snap out of it.
I've moved plants back and forth from LED and HID with only a 90 watt UFO and 250 watt hid with no issues other than water uptake does slow under the LED. I also only did it when plants were vegging, never flowering.:goodluck:

I respectfully disagree !! I think you should raise the led to maybe 2 foot, and leave them in led lighting. I'm also afraid that the switching back and forh is gonna cause them to go hermie !! I really believe the 3 plants will work it out, if you raise the light. Did ya check the soil runoff for ph ?? Just trying to help, but i feel helpless trying to help a master grower !! Ha !!. But remember, when it comes to leds, you're a newby !!:bong:

I would have left them under led too but he already moved them back to HID which is why I said go ahead and leave them be where they are.

Holy smoke Pit! I just got caught up on this thread and I'm gonna break from the pack and say the light is not the problem. This looks like a problem in the root zone from a lock up or toxicity issue and I would transplant the ladies if they're in soil to get them to snap out of it.
I've moved plants back and forth from LED and HID with only a 90 watt UFO and 250 watt hid with no issues other than water uptake does slow under the LED. I also only did it when plants were vegging, never flowering.:goodluck:

A 600w LED and a 90w UFO are not the same thing when it comes to energy, and the problem starting right after moving them under the LED is too coincidental to be anything other than burn caused by the LED being too close.

I don't think I would have positioned it much higher than 20" myself, which is why I asked earlier in the thread if the manufacturer had suggested a distance.

We're all learning here, but I think this could have been avoided.

We're all learning here, but I think this could have been avoided.

I tend to agree, but it may end up being a blessing in disguise. Now he can run a start to finish LED grow and learn the light all through the cycle. Regardless of how it ended, there would be a great unknown about the light...the whole veg cycle and a bit of flower...better to do it all I say.

At any rate, once it get going good, this will be a great one to watch.

live and learn....Im starting some others in veg in a week and will go from there. There isnt a problem with soil,PH or anything. plants were perfect for all of veg and 12 days of bloom.
I shocked them from being too close..Im human..sometimes

I started mine from seed; they're 7wks now, grown completely under LEDs. My boyfriend says they are the best looking indoor plants he has ever seen.

I started mine from seed; they're 7wks now, grown completely under LEDs. My boyfriend says they are the best looking indoor plants he has ever seen.

well I showed you mine so you can show me yours:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom