LED lights

warreng

420 Member
Just purchased 2 medicgrow smart 8s and their timers are adding time on their own,tried reaching their customer service and no way of reaching an actual person. Want to buy different lights but the market is flooded with lights. Every company says they're the best. I can really use some help before I hang my hps up again

Just purchased 2 medicgrow smart 8s and their timers are adding time on their own,tried reaching their customer service and no way of reaching an actual person.
Growponic Inc.
3 Ironwood
Irvine, CA 92604
(626) 554-1792

If you contacted the builder then when you called was there an option to leave a message including your name, phone number and best time to call back? There is a 5 year warranty on the fixtures and if it was still covered I would try to contact them a couple of times and would also try contacting the vendor. You could also contact the BBB for Irvine, CA and file a complaint. Or did you purchase on-line through Amazon?

If you are dead-set on buying a new light system there are the sponsors. They seem to be popular here both because of the quality of the lights and because they have decent support meaning they get back to the customer in a reasonable amount of time.

You could also contact the BBB for Irvine, CA and file a complaint.

the system to file a complaint is the same across the US, it should direct it to the correct branch.

something tells me it it might be operator error when inputting the settings though. the issue described would have to be a digital fail, those aren't very common.

I would send a picture of the timer showing it turns off in 3 hours. Then a completely black picture with the caption "One hour latter." Maybe that will make it clear to them.
Like the time someone filed a claim that the package they ordered did not arrive. The company said they needed a photo showing that the package never got to the house. So he took a photo of his empty porch without the package and also posted it on-line. The company must either have been so embarrassed by their outlandish request or the negative publicity was enough that they sent a second package.

However, if there was a change in the timers and the easiest way to tell which one is on the unit is for a tech to look at the photo then the request makes sense.

However, if there was a change in the timers and the easiest way to tell which one is on the unit is for a tech to look at the photo then the request makes sense.

the timer inputs are restricted. it's either digital fail or user error, there can't be another explanation. digital fail is super uncommon, but can't be ruled out. it's easy to test which it is.

the timer inputs are restricted. it's either digital fail or user error, there can't be another explanation. digital fail is super uncommon, but can't be ruled out. it's easy to test which it is.
True. But if it is a user error then it might be easy for a tech to see where/what the error is by looking at which icons are lit up or dimmed out.

The other day I had my digital timer stop working and after beating myself silly trying to re-adjust the settings and getting it to start & stop the way I wanted I went to bed. The next morning it was still broke so I found a pointed object and pushed the reset button and started over from 'ground zero'.

I figure I had just barely touched one of the buttons when working on the clone bucket sprayer connect to the timer. But that little tiny touch was enough to start some sort of operator change in the timer settings. Since I never finished the process or cancelled it out the timer stopped working at the end of the cycle. Timer was sitting there patiently waiting and waiting for the next operator input.

True. But if it is a user error then it might be easy for a tech to see where/what the error is by looking at which icons are lit up or dimmed out.

that's the exact reason they asked for it.

Back
Top Bottom