Legal & Laid-Back in Colorado - Indoor Soil Grow With CFLs

re: Legal & Laid-Back in Colorado - Indoor Soil Grow With CFLs

Everything is looking good so far! I'm sorry if you've said it already, which I don't think you did, but are you going to mother the females out? Probably should, those genetics look strong.

I'm subbed! I look forward to seeing this one finish!

Thanks very much for all the information, folks. It's very helpful.

I don't really have a second growing space for clones at this time, but I still have seven of the ten seeds I started with, so I'll probably try to set up a vegging-only space for next time.

Still just growing them on, waiting till the get big, show their sexes, or I can't stand it any more :) and flip the switch in a fit of madness.

Those look like they are going to stretch quite a bit. It WILL be madness lol

Okay, folks, give me your eyes here. I don't have a good zoom lens, but take a look. These are pre-flowers on Plant One, and they sure look male to me. What do you think?

2013-May-One-pre-fl-2.jpg

2013-May-One-pre-fl.jpg

Definitely a Male, pull it unless you wanna make more seeds

Thats a huge reason why I use clones. Make mother plants and cut the little ones off of her. No males unless the strain's genetics are unstable and it hermes... which is rare but happens once in a while

I always sucks getting males. But one time for me it was a blessing in disguise , I ended up with some killer crosses. Couple of which I might be entering in the cannabis cup this year or next. I'm still working on finding the best phenotype to turn into a mother :)

Hey Legit! Absolutely. I've been planning one. Just growing on now and will have more pics this week. I think I'm going to throw them into flowering soon.

The main excitement was that the rig holding the lights collapsed, fortunately while I was adjusting the lights so we were able to disassemble the whole thing without damage to either plants or lights. We spent most of yesterday building a seriously heavy-duty light frame out of two by fours, so my metal shelving unit is now encased in a wooden light frame :)

Kind of amusing but a lot of work. Mr Legal was determined to make something that he didn't have to worry was going to crash and take me out, and he did a fantastic job!

Back with pics in a couple days.

I've been a bad hostess, not keeping the snacks filled and the glasses topped up :) Thanks for keeping me aware, Legit!

Current state of the plants: Doing great. I could probably veg them forever. As I mentioned we had to rebuild the light frame because the wall drillers couldn't handle the weight. The new frame is very solid. We'll use it for years.

Both Plants Two and Three have thrived with the extra light and air since I killed off poor old Plant One. I've fertilized daily, and they've shown no signs of deficiencies, and no salts accumulating on the soil. I'm very happy with this OG Biothrive line so far.

Here's Plant Two just before replanting into the fifteen inch pot.

2013-June-Two-full.jpg

And this is actually a secondary stem on Two that popped up once I started training. It overwhelmed the main stem, which receded into a much smaller size. Really interesting growth pattern.

2013-June-Two-Secondary.jpg

That secondary tip had half a dozen side stems that grew up very large and tight all around it.

Here is a view of the top of the new light frame. We use small chains in eyelets with S-hooks to manipulate the length. Everything available at your local hardware store.

2013-June-lights.jpg

And here's Plant Three still in the ten-inch pot under the new light frame.

2013-June-Three-lights.jpg

Here's Three in the fifteen-inch pot, some side shoots tied down. It is not as full as either One or Two, still showing signs of having been neglected as a sprout, but it's filled in a lot over the last few weeks.

2013-June-Three-15.jpg

And here's Two in the fifteen-inch pot. It has at least a dozen healthy side shoots now.

2013-June-Two-15.jpg

Here they both are under the lights in fifteen inch pots.

2013-June-both-15.jpg

Neither one is showing any pre-flowers, but I'm thinking I can give them a week to adjust to the re-potting, while I shift to the BioThrive Bloom formula, and then throw them into 12/12 for flowering.

I have no idea yet if I have even one female. They seem happy to grow on as long as I like. Is there any reason to keep vegging them at this point? They're nearly four months old now, and in the wild world that's a growing season. The tomatoes I started with them are out in the garden and already have fruit on them, so it seems like time.

What do you think?

a cannabis plant will stretch from 2-3 times during flower the height it was during vegetative growth on average. you could take clones from the plant now or flower at any time now. i like your new light pulley system and frame.

Yes, flower away. No reason not to plus limited room indoors & yes they will stretch tons...If they get out of control in stretch you can starve them to slow it down or even nip the tops just a hair(probably better)...

Do it, today is halfway for mine:) Pics coming today sometime, put them in the sun to clean the tent & now I'm waiting for light to be just right & the smoke to clear out to get great pics!!!!Oh yeah, we've a fire on the other side of our mountain range:( Plants should love the CO2 though....

Back
Top Bottom