Legal & Laid-Back in Colorado - Indoor Soil Grow With CFLs

re: Legal & Laid-Back in Colorado - Indoor Soil Grow With CFLs

So, about a week into flowering and I'm pretty sure Plant Two is showing female. Three is much less developed and I still can't tell. I'll try to get some pics and post them later this week.

Must lower the shelf though! As KingJohnC pointed out, the plants are stretching really fast. Don't want to burn my baby buds on the lamps.

Well, the flowers on Plant Two are growing like crazy, and alas I think they're clearly male flowers. Sprouted up on little stems, not buds at the base of the stipules, and no pistils at all.

2013-Two-buds.jpg

2013-Two-buds-2.jpg

Great big beautiful plant too. But if you all agree, off it goes.

Still no flowers on Plant Three. Fingers crossed that I get at least one female!

ya thats all male. good move to make is get some of the pollen, should not be to much longer before the sacks start to open, and use it on a few buds on the other plants. make you a few free good seeds.

Looks nice over all

Well, the flowers on Plant Two are growing like crazy, and alas I think they're clearly male flowers. Sprouted up on little stems, not buds at the base of the stipules, and no pistils at all.

2013-Two-buds.jpg

2013-Two-buds-2.jpg

Great big beautiful plant too. But if you all agree, off it goes.

Still no flowers on Plant Three. Fingers crossed that I get at least one female!

clearly a male cannabis plant unfortunately.

Okay, high420k made me laugh!

I think you'll like these pics better. So Plant Three, my neglected and abused Plant Three, has the whole shelf to itself now. All 245 watts of light, all for Plant Three.

2013-July-Plant-Three.jpg

And here come the buds!

2013-July-Plant-Three-bud.jpg

Whee! Pretty sure Plant Three is a girl.

2013-July-Plant-Three-bud-2.jpg

There are probably a hundred small buds like this coming out on Plant Three now. The question now is, how to make those baby buds grow up big and strong?

I'll trim some more fan leaves this week. And I'm giving about a quart of nearly full-strength BioThrive Bloom every other day or so. No signs of deficiencies, and no salts accumulating on the soil. Should I fertilize more?

This is all the light I have, but about 10,000 lumens should be decent for a single plant I think.

What do you think?

Looking really good, so glad one decided to be fem! I would suggest slowly upping the feed to full but keep it there if things look good...You could look into supplementing the biothrive with other things...Molasses is excellent during this stage!

Lumens do not add like you believe they do, you can see this on a light meter. Lumens are a measure of a light sources brightness. your maximum lumens are coming from your 125 watt Compact Florescent Light bulb.

https://en.wikipedia.org Lumen

Okay, we're 29 days into 12/12 lighting, and a week since the last pictures when Plant Three was confirmed female.

I continue to give full-strength BioThrive Bloom when I water. Haven't started any molasses yet. You can see the buds have grown, but have a long way to grow yet.

Here's the overall plant. I've removed the last of the training twine.

2013-July-29-days.jpg

Some buds on the left.

2013-July-29-days-b.jpg

And on the right.

2013-July-29-days-c.jpg

Many many buds, but they're still popcorn size. Not showing any trichomes at all.

2013-July-29-days-d.jpg

Definitely bigger than last week, though. Do you think I should trim the fan leaves further? The plant is growing well and showing no deficiencies, no salts on the soil.

Back
Top Bottom