Let's get growing

@The Celt, @StoneOtter, so this stuff is legit. So glad i posted it here. The YT video called for adding molasses so i did, because i will need to keep it for a little bit. I want to start using it next week and then in the compost heaps. After season i want to mulch my grow area and treat it with this to make my soil usable for growing. I also read up on JADAM fertilizer and it is also super easy and cheap to make
That's the ticket! When I mix or amend my soil, the water I use to wet it has 1/8 cup/gal of it in working form. I have it written down on the bottles. One is full strength to make the other, the working strength. I got the process here. No, no I don't. I can't find it right now.
Amy Gardner makes it and uses it like this.

Hey guys.

2 things i need to ask:

1. LAB - as posted previously i made my own LAB, chucked molasses in to keep it good to use for a long time. It formed a white layer on top but still smells good and sweet and doesnt taste funny. Is this still normal...???

IMG_20201207_072124.jpg

2. I made a very small batch of apricot FFJ. I kept in shorter this time around because my last batch got moldy. And seeing that we are going into summer and Temps already high i kept it shorter. It should be enough for my Red Cherry Berry thats at 4 weeks into flower. I am using bio bloom atm but want to stop buying nutes.

Anyone made and used/uses it that can tell me if im on the right track. Its quite sweet and tasty and i will start using it in a weeks time...

IMG_20201207_184950.jpg

FFJ

Fermented Fruit Juice (FFJ) is an artificial honey. It is a nutritional activation enzyme and is very effective in natural farming. FFJ is a kind of FPJ that only uses fruits as its main ingredients. It is used to revitalize crops, livestock and humans.

I just copied that from the web. Its new territory for me but tickles my fancy.

Thanx for the reply.

FFJ

Fermented Fruit Juice (FFJ) is an artificial honey. It is a nutritional activation enzyme and is very effective in natural farming. FFJ is a kind of FPJ that only uses fruits as its main ingredients. It is used to revitalize crops, livestock and humans.

I just copied that from the web. Its new territory for me but tickles my fancy.

Thanx for the reply.
That's a good world to go to. I read on it and dabble but not so much. I can see it going further as I get more knowledge. Korean natural farming makes a ton of sense to me if I'm growing in living organic soil.

DAMN IT, I WANT PLANTS LIKE THAT!!!

Seems like I'd better get my ass into super gear. Unfortunately its to late now for this season, but I will start mulching and feeding the soil after harvest. And with my new arsenal of Organic weapons, Im sure it will happen. Just need to make some FPJ too...

Any suggestions on good plants to use???

In all honesty Hein, LABs is the only bio-active ingredient I add to my soils. Those girls were grown in a mixture of my peat based LOS and native soil from there. I dug down about 20” (0.5m) and roughly 3’ foot round (1m). The native soil is about 12” (30cm) deep with clay below. The sod was placed in the bottom of the holes with LABs and the remainder had 40gal of my LOS mixed with enough native soil and clay to refill the holes.

In the spring, all I need to do is mix in some new amendments and LAB about a month before I plant and good to go again. It’s a very rich soil and only gets better each year :)

Feel stupid asking but what does LOS stand for??? I've seen it mentioned in other posts aswell...

DAMN IT, I WANT PLANTS LIKE THAT!!!

Seems like I'd better get my ass into super gear. Unfortunately its to late now for this season, but I will start mulching and feeding the soil after harvest. And with my new arsenal of Organic weapons, Im sure it will happen. Just need to make some FPJ too...

Any suggestions on good plants to use???
There's dandelions. I remember @Emilya mentioning they have special properties. Some things are better than others.

There's dandelions. I remember @Emilya mentioning they have special properties. Some things are better than others.

Ooh that's the one! Thanks Em! It's bookmarked!

I just love this community. The info here is priceless and the help and support is just amazing.

Thanx @Emilya for that. I have quite a few dandelions in the backyard and I will read through your thread to learn how to make it.

@StoneOtter thanx for that info and help. Much appreciated...

I just love this community. The info here is priceless and the help and support is just amazing.

Thanx @Emilya for that. I have quite a few dandelions in the backyard and I will read through your thread to learn how to make it.

@StoneOtter thanx for that info and help. Much appreciated...
It's what we do. Enjoy! I don't have enough dandelions or I'd have been all over that one myself.

Just for the sake of keeping a journal, i gave the plants in the garden a dose of the LAB brew. I did not give any to the plants in the Therapy Garden cause im 1st testing it before i give all my ladies. I gave to the plants and flowerz in the garden so lets see what happens

Back
Top Bottom