Let's Grow A Pound

Not before harvest.

In this case, yes.

That's exactly the idea. With a fully saturated medium, you'll have a fully hydrated plant that will take extra days to dry. You're on the right track, let it dry out (fuckin' lush;)) for the two days before harvest and you'll be primed for the chop, trim and drying.

Heh. Thanks Andy!

Good morning all. Sorry for the delay in updating but this weekend was a bit hectic. Both Barney's have been harvested and hung. Yield is going to be excellent...especially on Barney's #1, a solid five ounces is coming off of her.

Decided to make a test run of gumby has using nothing but the trim from Barney's #1. There were a couple of reasons for this. First, I've never made hash, gumby or otherwise, and thought that if I wanted to do a pictorial on the process, maybe I should actually do it first. Second, Barney's #1 is just completely Sativa. I decided at the very least I should separate the Indica from the Sativa to get a hash that wasn't schizophrenic.

I have separated roughly half of each plant's yield and set it aside for a full on hash run that I'll be doing as soon as my Blueberry and Violator Kush are done.

Anyhow, the gumby hash method is really quite simple, you just get one grade of hash...I have considered doing a whole run like this and then straining it through my bubble bags to size and grade the resin heads...any thoughts on that idea are welcome.

For the following run I used just under an ounce of fresh trim...25.9 ounces and yielded just under 3 grams of hash, a return of roughly 11%. A second wash yielded next to nothing so it seems I got it right the first time. I allowed it to settle 4 times (the video I saw on it only settled the water twice), adding a small amount of fresh water between settle/drain cycles to assist in getting the last of the green out of it. It helped alot, but there is still a slight green tint to the hash. That was what got me to thinking about straining off the gumbo through my bubble bags.

These are the pics of the gumby hash made from nothing but trim...

rsz_100_1532.jpg

rsz_100_1533.jpg

rsz_100_1535.jpg

The whole process, from trim to ball of smokable hash took 14 hours...over 12 hours of the time was just letting the water settle. I followed the video instructions to the letter...except for the extra settle/drains...and am pleased with what I got back.

The quality of the hash, with little drying time and no curing time, is outstanding. A small pinch on top of a bowl is quite sufficient to put both your eyes in the same socket. A zooming mind high the likes of which I have never experienced. Really has me wanting to smoke a bit of #1, but she must dry and cure before I smoke one single bud.

I'll get up some harvest pics later today. My camera went kaput after taking the hash ball pics and I have her charging up now.

Y'all have a great day.

very nice southern, very nice...:goodjob:

Thanks Brother. I was pleased seeing as how it was my first hash making experience. I've smoked quite a good bit, but back in my outdoor days, we let the trimmers keep the trim...after we sorted though it of course, we had enough work in front of us actually processing the bud. So it was a good rookie attempt.

well if you can find the time and be willing to share, I would love to know your curing method. Thanks Bro:Rasta:

well if you can find the time and be willing to share, I would love to know your curing method. Thanks Bro:Rasta:

After rolling the ball for quite awhile, and taking a piece for quality assurance...yeah, that's the ticket... I put it into a mold 1.5" square and pressed it flat. It's now setting on a plate on top of the refrigerator downstairs. I'm going to leave it for a week and then put it in a jar.

I'm giving some very strong consideration to turning my next journal into a hash grow. I'm looking at some different strains right now trying to decide what to do.

Hmmm, I have a California Hash Plant Femmed seed sitting around ... good candidate for hash making I bet. I had a little piece of hash from the trimming scissors yesterday, and it brought back memories, no doubt! So smooth and flavorful ... no harshness, and no cough. Man, I love hash!

Morning all. Sorry for the somewhat ragged posting schedule, but that damn flu bug, that's going around my town, landed on me and I just didn't feel much like posting.

So, let's cover where we are. I moved all my bud downstairs to hang/dry in an empty pod. Unfortunately, the dehumidifier in the pod did not have the timer set correctly...I'm an idiot...and instead of a one hour on, one hour off schedule, it ran continually for a little more than two days. As a result, the buds are extremely dry, but the stems are not. I went ahead and jarred the two Barney's this morning, figuring I'd let the buds rehydrate some today and put them back on a drying screen this evening.

So the jar pics cover roughly half the yield on Barney's #1 and 2. The White Widow is locked up right now and I don't have the key or I'd put some jar pics of her as well...I'll get that tomorrow. I do have a bud pic of the WW...I've been smoking a little of it the last two days...smoke report after pics.

Jars of joy...
100_15441.jpg

Barney's #2
100_15461.jpg

White Widow
100_15471.jpg

Barney's #1
100_1548.jpg

The White Widow is the only one I've actually smoked at this point. There's not alot to be said for taste, it needs to cure for awhile to really do away with the green flavor, but then this bud is less than two weeks off the plant. The high on the other hand is stupendous. It reminds me alot of blueberry...obviously not in the taste department. It has an initial soaring mind high, a very social and active buzz, followed by a deep relaxing body stone. It's not a couch lock body stone...more of a deep relaxation than the feeling of being tired or sleepy. Additionally, you would want to keep a supply of your favorite munchies handy...it's what we called "feed weed" back in the day.

WW was, for me at least, a very easy plant to grow. No real sensitivities or anything of that nature. She didn't want nearly as much guano/guano tea as the L*Ds, but she never gave me any trouble figuring out what she wanted. A good yielding, non-finicky strain with a versatile, powerful high for the medical or recreational user.

I can give this particular strain an 8 out of 10...with the potential to go up another half point when the taste comes around.

I'll get some jar pics of WW up tomorrow.

Final weights in a week or so. My official estimate at this point is 12.5 oz...down a bit from my posted estimate of a week or so back, but still a good yield for what turned into something of an experimental grow.

y'all have a great day.

Not a pound but quality meds so congrats on that. Hope you feel better soon.

Well, I actually forgot to add the RR weight to that last estimate, so it's still in the 13.5-14 ounce range. That was really messing with me, I usually don't miss my estimates by that much.

Don't know how it is in the rest of the country, but around here if you get the flu once you've got a long term companion. I'm on my second go round and I know people who've had it more, longer and worse. If it weren't for deer season, there'd be little use for this time of year...lol.

Good morning. Just a quick note of confession. Tead you were right...I'm not waiting until the first of the year. I'm going to be starting another journal in a day or two. Keep an eye out for a new journal with my name on it. It will be a completely experimental grow, and while I'm still working on a few details, I believe it will be both informative and interesting.

Seems I can't stop the ideas from flowing...so after this next journal, I'll open up a continuous grow to document some ideas I'm working on.

Back
Top Bottom