Let's Grow A Pound

Sucks the fishing trip didn't pan out.

I've got about 100 lbs of yellow tail loin in the freezer right now. We didn't get to fish as much as I would have liked, but it wasn't a complete loss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got back home about 6 yesterday afternoon. You all know the drill. Run in and check the plants before you even unload the truck.

Decided to harvest the colas, the trichs were perfect, and let the rest go on for awhile longer. They have been well flushed, so I don't see them going more than Oct. 11, but I decided what the hell, I'll watch them and do what they tell me to.

Left a little more leaf on them than I normally do, it was just pretty to cut it all off. I'll trim them a little tighter after they've hung for a few days.

Barney's #1 is a an awesome dark green befitting a Sativa. The crystals don't show quite as well on her as they do on the pale green Indica dominant Barney's #2. She looks like an ice storm passed over her.

Here's some pics...

Barney's #1

100_14641.jpg

Barney's #2

100_1465.jpg

The rest are in no particular order, but the color will tell you which is which

100_14693.jpg

100_14704.jpg

100_14714.jpg

100_1473.jpg

100_14743.jpg

Folks, that'll essentially do it for this journal. I'll post complete harvest pics when the day comes, and of course a final weight and smoke report, but until I have all that information, there is nothing left to post or say. I hope that it's been at least moderately informative and entertaining.

Y'all have a great day...I'll post up the last of the information as soon as it's available.

Looking yummy. :yummy: Nice end product. Well, guess this is headed to the completed journals. Congrats. Will we be seeing a new journal soon?

Always is bro, never doubt that. :thanks:

I look forward to the final report. What can we all expect from you in the future?

Looking yummy. :yummy: Nice end product. Well, guess this is headed to the completed journals. Congrats. Will we be seeing a new journal soon?

My next will be after the holidays. I'm still debating strains. So far, I've documented a lot of Indicas...one that went rogue Sativa...but mostly Indicas. I want to grow some Sativas so I may go back to a Utopia Haze/Super Lemon Haze...don't know. I do know it will be after the first of the year. I'm by no means not going to be online, but the next three months are pretty booked up.

Maybe I'll do something like Pit did and open a poll in front of the grow by a few weeks listing my Sativa genetics and let the community decide.

That sounds like a great idea. Would you be open to community suggested growing style like a ScrOG?

That sounds like a great idea. Would you be open to community suggested growing style like a ScrOG?

Funny you should mention SCRoG. I'm thinking of using the tub for one more grow, with a height adjustable screen over the entire length and width of the tub. I'll most likely determine the grow style before I post a genetics list, but I'm always open to suggestions.

I'd bet a nickel you'll not be able to wait that long!

Cheers!

Brother, I'd have the next round of babies coming up right now, but starting next month people will be in and out of the house and I just don't want to have anything upstairs. I'm pretty well stocked right now, and have the BB/VK downstairs still to come off in a couple weeks, so I'll just have to satisfy myself smoking, rather than growing.

Those buds look amazing - such a great grow, and loved seing these strains, makes me want to buy them seeds now lol.

Looking forward to the smoke report :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words Brother. I'm going to be adding a sizable portion of the yield off each plant to the hash bag. Got a good price on a 8 bag set of bubble bags and I can't wait to try them out. Also thinking of using all the trich covered trim to make a run of gumby hash...the method seems so easy and the videos I've watched show that it bubbles like mad so I may try that out.

On the subject of hash, I have a few questions. I have never made hash before, always used the trim for butter, but as I move into hash making I have some questions.

1-Is there a micron size grading method, and if so, what is it?

2-what micron size yields the highest grade of hash...the clear dome full melt we all dream of?

3-When hash is extracted via the bubble bag method does the 10-15% yield estimate hold true?

4-Would it cause a problem to mix the "inferior" grades of hash together into one ball, or should I keep the grades seperate?

5-Should I dry the bud first or run it through green? I've read that fresh will get you a better grade but a lower yield. I'm interested in producing the best, purest hash possible, but I'm not sure about the best route to follow to get there.

I'm going to be using around 1/2 pound of pure bud to manufacture the hash this go round, but having never done this, I'm looking for some expert input. It would be a shame to screw up a 1/2 pound of prime bud due to inexperience. Any help is appreciated.

Wow, that's an adventure to come.

Hope you tack the hash onto the end of your journal, I'd love to watch your first run and see how you yield out.

Nice nugs man, they look super frosty

Great update +reps

Wow, that's an adventure to come.

Hope you tack the hash onto the end of your journal, I'd love to watch your first run and see how you yield out.

Nice nugs man, they look super frosty

Great update +reps

Thanks Brother. I believe I will show the whole hash making process in a pictorial. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself.

nice harvest on the pellow tail..mmmmm..and the plants as well. Cant wat to see your next project. Oh and i just got the roadrunner seeds in..Thanx for all the help on getting inf on those.+rep

Thanks for the rep, Brother. You'll be pleased with the RR, I'm sure. Hit them hard with P starting on about day 15...they'll try and go deficient if you don't. Other than that one little anomaly, they were the easiest plant I've ever grown...with some excellent smoke at the end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both Barney's have entered the 48 hour darkness period. Harvest will take place tomorrow. I'm going to make gumby hash with all the trim, and use good bud in the bags. Probably will wait until the BB/VK are done downstairs so I can make a really good run of mixed strain hash. I'm starting to do a little research on hash making strains. If anyone has a recomendation for a fast finishing, high resin production strain, hit me up with it. I'm starting to look at the possibility of running a hash grow for my next project.

Hmmmm, 48 hour dark period before harvest. I didn't think about doing that, but after doing a bit of reading, I'm going to try that too. Question about this though. If the setup is hydro, should it still be watered during the dark period? I haven't watered with the lights out yet but will I be OK not watering for the two days? I figure it could help in the drying process if I could have the plants desiccate themselves for a couple of days before the chop. I'll have to get home before the lights come on at 8PM.

:thanks: for the idea, Southern!

Hmmmm, 48 hour dark period before harvest. I didn't think about doing that, but after doing a bit of reading, I'm going to try that too. Question about this though. If the setup is hydro, should it still be watered during the dark period? I haven't watered with the lights out yet but will I be OK not watering for the two days? I figure it could help in the drying process if I could have the plants desiccate themselves for a couple of days before the chop. I'll have to get home before the lights come on at 8PM.

:thanks: for the idea, Southern!

Looks like Andy covered you pretty well there.

sup bro, i just got through measuring the room and its 7ft high over 6 ft long and about 36 inches wide. my light is 400 watts should I still block part of it of to make it 4x3, I'm just wondering, I'll be growing 12 plants is that enough room. It may be a dumb ? but I still had to ask..

just a rookie in Michigan

Back
Top Bottom