Let's Grow A Pound

Re: SouthernWeed's Second...Let's Grow A Pound

Let's see how it looks in a day or so.

Hell yeah, my friend.....great news. By the way, how damn big is your a/c unit?! I have a fairly large house at 3,000sqft and mine couldn't keep up. But then again I guess I hadn't factored in that I was using half the space you are per light. 10x 4 1/2ft. Glad to finally hear some good news from someone. It's a rough world these days.

My ac unit for the downstairs portion of my house is a 3 ton unit.

Glad to hear your temps are getting to where you want them. Man, it sounds like you could go for one of those indoor/outdoor mini weather stations where you put a battery powered sensor in the grow space. You can then comfortably monitor it from another room in your house. Just a thought.

I had actually thought of that myself, but I'm forever walking in an out of there anyhow. I just love going and looking at them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I think we got the heat issue licked. Temps topped out at 79.8, an I can live with that. Still curious if anyone has ever had a plant come up looking like the pics I posted last night. One White Widow is out of the soil now, but still nothing but a bump in the soil on the other one. I guess she'll show up sooner or later. I will say that these small one quart starter planters require more watering than I thought they would, about every two days or a little less, but that's no big deal. Road Runner is putting on a new set of leaves and is growing like crazy. I'll probably be moving her downstairs in about a week and begin with the Pura Vida with her then. Hope y'all all have a great day...and hit me up if you have ever seen a "horned" plant before, I'm curious as hell about that one.

I have 2 Widows that started like that myself, they were seeds that were from another WW fem and WW herme in union.. yes I kept the pollen and got got all fem seeds. 5 are in 4 weeks of bloom and a friggin amazing.
glad you got the temp issue down bro...good to be back

I had actually thought of that myself, but I'm forever walking in an out of there anyhow. I just love going and looking at them.

I hear ya. I tend to poke my head into my grow 2 to 3 times a day right now.

I have 2 Widows that started like that myself, they were seeds that were from another WW fem and WW herme in union.. yes I kept the pollen and got got all fem seeds. 5 are in 4 weeks of bloom and a friggin amazing.
glad you got the temp issue down bro...good to be back

Man that's good to hear. I was beginning to worry that I may have a mutant or some screwy genetics on my hands. And I'll tell you brother, I'm relieved as hell that the temps have gotten under control, I was thinking that I may have to start all over with the pod design, but all's well that ends well. And it's good to have you back!

Good morning all. This grow seems to be working out better for sure, although I'm starting to think that one of the White Widows may have been a dud. There's a bulge in the soil right above where it was planted, but it's been like that for almost 2 days now, so, while I havent completely given up hope, I am wondering.

Anyhow took some pics of the girls this morning. RoadRunner is clipping right along and will most likely need to be moved into it's larger planter in the next day or so. I've taken it out from under the humidity dome and let her have some pure light. I'll be misting her several times a day for awhile.

Good news on my little oddball Barney's seed. You can't make it out from the pic, but the "horn" is splitting into two leaves now, so that's one less thing to worry about I suppose.

Things move alot slower in an indoor soil setup than they did with my first hydro grow and that's taken a bit of getting used to, but all the plants that have emerged look healthy.

So how about a few pics?

rsz_100_0693.jpg

RoadRunner

rsz_100_0700.jpg

Horned Barney's

rsz_100_0701.jpg

Horned Sister

rsz_100_0702.jpg

White Widow

That'll about do it for today's picture update. Hope y'all have an awsome day!

I have a question for any experienced indoor soil grower that happens along. Back when I grew outdoors, I found that plants responded better to doses of nutes that, by any published standard, were to low. What I'm wondering is, has anybody ever tried a low strength nutrient dose with every watering as opposed to the feed, water, water schedule? I'm considering a constant feed schedule with 1/8 strength nutes, followed every 2nd week by a good flushing, after which I'll allow the planters to dry almost completely. Has anyone tried anything like this?

This I can answer with good examples. I did it full time through all my stuff. Using Miracle Grow, no less. Which as we all know is notorious for burning everything. I started at 1/8-1/4 strength for 2-3 waterings then one straight water. After the first run-through, I'd kick it up to 1/2 strength. The same schedule followed through the entire grow. 2-3 with the ferts and then an overflow of water. Say 2 gallons of water through a 2 gallon pot of straight compost/potting soil mix. The last 2 weeks being just water for a flush. Soil being more forgiving and nutritious for the plants, doesn't make fertilizer necessary anyway. So there's no concern whatsoever, as long as you watch for burning and creep up your fert concentration slow enough to see how each plant/strain will handle it. You can refer back to my journal for the results without having to experiment to see how it goes.

Thanks Brother, I've gone all organic on the soil grow, so burning should be less of an issue than my hydro stuff which is full blown chemical. Tried to rep you but I got to spread some more around.

I tried organic when I started out, but got tired of keeping the ph up. It seems that organics are very acidic.
I hope to try it again. What nutes and soil are you using?

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil mixed 70/30 with perlite. Technaflora Pura Vida Grow and Bloom. There's some pics of them posted a couple of pages back.

I hate to say this......but Im not a soil expert, dirt is.....dirty. lol keep a it Southern, Im learning from you as well

No prob, Southern. Ya know I never di test the PH...not once. Never had to.

I'm not terribly worried about the ph, that's completely managable. I had wondered, from the beginning of my experience with hydro, where the increase in growth speed fell. But I was growing those AFs so I had no frame of reference. Now I know...it's all at the beginning. These things just seem to be crawling along. I have to remind myself that they've only been in the planters for 7 days now. Wish they would kick it into gear. And I'll tell you this for sure, you put 1qt planters under a 600w MH for 18 hours a day and them babies will slurp up some water. I'm giving some strong consideration to hitting them with a very weak dose of nutes on the next watering...any opinions on that?

I hate to say this......but Im not a soil expert, dirt is.....dirty. lol keep a it Southern, Im learning from you as well

Lmao, I know what you meen Brother. I'm just doing this so I can say I've grown every way there is to...Outdoor/indoor soil/indoor hydro. I've been completely converted to the hydro cause, and will have four plants running downstairs in a matter of days.

looks great southern! I'm excited to watch this one and learn a few things!

i, personally, threw some nutes at my girls in soil when they were only a week old and they seemed to love it for the past week or so (even if they were in crappy MG potting soil). i know i'm new and everything, but if i'm new and my baby girls can handle some 1/8 - 1/4 feeding solution you should be able to make it work, haha.

good luck all the same!

looks great southern! I'm excited to watch this one and learn a few things!

i, personally, threw some nutes at my girls in soil when they were only a week old and they seemed to love it for the past week or so (even if they were in crappy MG potting soil). i know i'm new and everything, but if i'm new and my baby girls can handle some 1/8 - 1/4 feeding solution you should be able to make it work, haha.

good luck all the same!

Brother, I appreciate your confidence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much new to report today, plants are slowly moving along, RoadRunner is working on a third node and is growing much faster than the rest.

Hope y'all have a great Saturday!

Mornin bud, I think you can, but without a big enough root system, it won't help. They literally don't have the ability to take it in yet. Only tiny amouts. I'd say 1/8th strength at 1 cup-ish per plant? If it were me, that's my op.

Back
Top Bottom