Let's grow some Weed!

Sorry to hear about the troubles Joe but hey you are learning and we cannot really learn unless we overcome difficulties. Glad you and your wife are enjoying the hobby. May of us have lost our agrarian "roots" in this modern society. By growing Cannabis, I know I have become more in tune with plants and plant care in general.

What fun would it be if you just tossed a seed or two into the ground and boom you have a pound of cannabis... The more I learn the more preposterous is the DEA theory of 1 plant = 1 pound.... The bumps in the road is what makes you better... If there were no bumps we would all still be living in caves....

No doubt in my mind why my dad enjoyed gardening so much.... I could never understand it as a child....

Here's a pictural update on the cloning project

This is my oldest clone, I know she is rooting but has not rooted to the outside of the seed pot yet...
clone_381.jpg

This one is only 2 weeks old and is looking good so far...
clone_382.jpg

This is the whole group of survivors...
clone_383.jpg

Nice little clones... they even have little buds on them how cute. Sorry to hear about the gnats...Keel them bastards!!! Anything that preys upon such beautiful plants deserves our scorn and wrath!! Keep up the good work Joe I am still watching...Oh and the little buds you got going....EXCELLENT!! They look young but soon to be tasty!!! Grats Joe!

JC...Verrrry nice :+]
you are THE GROWER <:)+)==
I aspire to be as good as you.
There are some NICE people here in this forum.
Unlike 2 other i have visited.
Thanks for taking the time to post your reports.

S1
OOPS..1 thing..my 5 leafer is fading to Light green..any suggestion on what is the
problem9wk old clone,was greatgreen ..now faded :+[

S1

Nice little clones... they even have little buds on them how cute. Sorry to hear about the gnats...Keel them bastards!!! Anything that preys upon such beautiful plants deserves our scorn and wrath!! Keep up the good work Joe I am still watching...Oh and the little buds you got going....EXCELLENT!! They look young but soon to be tasty!!! Grats Joe!

Thanks so much! I think I am starting to get the thumb on the gnat problem after wasting a small pile of money fighting them... the D-earth seems to be the answer if applied correctly... I am really looking forward to transplanting the clones to pots once they get there roots fully established... Hopefully the gnat problem will be a thing of the past in the next few days...

JC...Verrrry nice :+]
you are THE GROWER <:)+)==
I aspire to be as good as you.
There are some NICE people here in this forum.
Unlike 2 other i have visited.
Thanks for taking the time to post your reports.

Thanks for the compliment! This IS really a great place to learn about growing...

Great thread Joe Coffee, very informative. I am going to try my hand at cloning on my next grow *crosses fingers*. My Grandmother used to have plants all over her house and I never understood why she talked to them and spent alot of time with them, until I started growing these intresting plants. My wife just giggles when I tell her I'm going to check on the "girls". I lose track of all time when I'm in my grow room, lol.
+1 rep.

hey joe,i was reading in Jorge Cervantes's grow book and it said that the diatomaceous-earth for swimming pools is really bad for you! silica in it read the lable........try to keep the dust down. just a fyi.we have to be carfeful. happy trails,todd God Bless America !!

Great thread Joe Coffee, very informative. I am going to try my hand at cloning on my next grow *crosses fingers*. My Grandmother used to have plants all over her house and I never understood why she talked to them and spent alot of time with them, until I started growing these intresting plants. My wife just giggles when I tell her I'm going to check on the "girls". I lose track of all time when I'm in my grow room, lol.
+1 rep.

LOL! My wife say's the exact same thing!

hey joe,i was reading in Jorge Cervantes's grow book and it said that the diatomaceous-earth for swimming pools is really bad for you! silica in it read the lable........try to keep the dust down. just a fyi.we have to be carfeful. happy trails,todd God Bless America !!

Thank You! I really try to be careful not to inhale the stuff..
Yes! It's definitely not good for us to breath but it's even worse for the fungus gnats!!!
Not a single bugger flying around the plants this afternoon... he he he....
die gnats die!!!!

Thank You! I really try to be careful not to inhale the stuff..
Yes! It's definitely not good for us to breath but it's even worse for the fungus gnats!!!
Not a single bugger flying around the plants this afternoon... he he he....
die gnats die!!!!

Joe Coffee! I hereby dub thee GNAT BANE...now, go forth and slay...damn this is some good smoke...

I cut off the branches with the big buds on it...
I really am a bit surprised...
I didn't kill her because I was looking to get a couple of clones...
She took right off after trimming the branches off...

:byebye:Does that happen often or is it rare? I thought about just cutting my Queen only down 3/4 of the way because she had babies sprouting down low but to late she is no longer. sniff, sniff.
It is really pretty good to get two harvests from one plant and the one picture with all that frost, nice.. What strain is she?
This a hobby that can be addicting.:dreamy:
Cat :xmas:

:byebye:Does that happen often or is it rare? I thought about just cutting my Queen only down 3/4 of the way because she had babies sprouting down low but to late she is no longer. sniff, sniff.
It is really pretty good to get two harvests from one plant and the one picture with all that frost, nice.. What strain is she?

It's not rare at all. When you grow your plants to harvest just keep the last few buds near the bottom and put the plants back on 18/6 or better yet 24/0 under any lights for a month and they will go back to veg cycle. You don't need to use big grow lights as all you need to regen them is a long light cycle. Treat them like clones. Once they start rockin' they will show lots of new shoots starting with single fingered leaves, opening up to 3-5-7 every time they spread some new growth. Take some clones then if you don't have some and fertilize lighter than new plants that size. They already have a big plant's roots and the canopy will be rockin' to catch up. Make sure you have them comfortably growing before adding new nutes as it's easy to burn them when they are starting anew.

Lots of good luck in the New Year.

now your "smokin, joe"!!very good......mine are still just hanging.i've had the new light for a week now and they haven't changed much.still week looking.i am using the good nutes as well.or do i need to be payshunt(hows that 4 spellin)anyway did it take a long time to get over the mirical grow? again cool tops joe. todd God Bless America ps how do you add sayings or whatever to your notes,threads?

My first grow plant came from a bag of weed because I was not successful in keeping a plant alive early on from the seed bank seeds. The bag seeds were heartier. (I killed like 4 plants trying to get my 1st grow going) I know she is a text book Cannabis sativa with a real nice energetic kind of high. I still have some of the weed from the original bag. What a difference between the bag weed and my home grown! The home grown smokes real nice and smooth and the bagged weed is much harsher. The aroma alone from smelling the jars of home grown is enough to send me to heaven...

My 2nd. grow plant was from a variety pack of 15 seeds (sativa and indica) from there most popular grows so I really don't know the specific strain. This is the first seed from the seed bank that has made it to the flowering stage. The leaves are larger than my first grow and is distinctly a different strain. We are excited to get a chance to compare the 2 strains... The cola on top of the 2nd plant looks like it will get much larger than my first grow plant... Maybe my 2nd. grow is an indica??

When we get to the point of ordering seeds in the future I will order a specific strain but we haven't decided at this point what strain we will go with...

This is just so much fun...

now your "smokin, joe"!!very good......mine are still just hanging.i've had the new light for a week now and they haven't changed much.still week looking.i am using the good nutes as well.or do i need to be payshunt(hows that 4 spellin)anyway did it take a long time to get over the mirical grow? again cool tops joe. todd God Bless America ps how do you add sayings or whatever to your notes,threads?

The leaves with the nitrogen burn at the tips really never recovered but the new shoots were healthy with no signs of nitrogen burn. The old leaves I eventually pruned off of the plant. It will be a couple of weeks before the plant really starts to bounce back. Don't get discouraged my 1st grow plant was sickly from my growing mistakes and she has turned out fine. There is a huge learning curve with growing Cannabis plants and it sure is not as easy as it seems but I have enjoyed growing them more knowing it is a challenge.

It's not rare at all. When you grow your plants to harvest just keep the last few buds near the bottom and put the plants back on 18/6 or better yet 24/0 under any lights for a month and they will go back to veg cycle. You don't need to use big grow lights as all you need to regen them is a long light cycle. Treat them like clones. Once they start rockin' they will show lots of new shoots starting with single fingered leaves, opening up to 3-5-7 every time they spread some new growth. Take some clones then if you don't have some and fertilize lighter than new plants that size. They already have a big plant's roots and the canopy will be rockin' to catch up. Make sure you have them comfortably growing before adding new nutes as it's easy to burn them when they are starting anew.

Lots of good luck in the New Year.

I check the root growth once a week on my clones. Hopefully I will have one ready for transplant soon. It has been several weeks for one of my clones.
Once I see signs of the roots at the edge of the seed pot I will transplant her.

Back
Top Bottom