Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Just an FYI for those wondering:

I have a hobby that I'm into really heavily and it starts in the Spring. That, coupled with my little vaca is the reason that the updates have been lax. The updates to the journal won't be as frequent in April and May but after that the season ends and things will get back to normal for me.

Anyway, on to the update.

Bad news on the cloning front. The clonex gel is simply causing too much stress to the Snow White clones to continue using it. I believe it is a strain related issue. The May run was devastated by the black ring of death. I cut 150 clones and only planted 77......most of which had stress on them. It's hurting my garden and I've decided to run plain tap water in my cloners. No dipping. As we know, they'll root, just not as vigorously. However, I can't deal with the stress rings anymore. They're killing my runs.

April table half way home after a defol session.

april_hlfway.JPG

The 77 plants that comprise the May table.

may77_overhead.JPG
may_77.JPG

125 clones which will comprise the majority of the June table. These were not dipped in gel as to avoid the black ring of death. Let's see how they root......

june_clones_125.JPG

The Critical strains are coming along nicely. I transplanted them into 1 gallon Hempy pots. The Critical Mass is on the far left and the 3 Critical Haze are on the right.

The two smaller babies are the result of Castle Seeds' error in shipping. That's how I got the Haze. These were replacements and that's why they're behind the others.

This whole black stress ring fiasco has me pissed off. It literally wiped out the May table. I cut 154 clones and planted 77 and even then most of those are fucked up. I bought some Dyna Grow cloning gel and tried it on 3 clones. None wilted but 1 did show the stress ring so that's why I decided to go with straight tap water this time. I've never experienced anything like it. Other strains are fine when dipped in gel but it literally kills SW. I hope that the Critical strains are gel friendly.... yikes.

crit_1.JPG
crit_2.JPG

I'll cut another 40 or so clones in 3 or 4 days which will fill out the June table which will be planted on approx April 30th. Those coupled with the 125 I already cut should be enough to get close to a full load of 154 for June. No gel....Fingers crossed.

Good Growing

Hey Fied,

Good to see you back. Sorry to hear about the clonex messing your plants up, but I will keep it in mind as I just ordered some snow white. Have 2 questions for ya that I couldn't find in your journals.

The first is how do you flush your hempies? Are u watering with 4L of water each day for the last 3 days or 12oz of water each day or what?

The second question is your drying process. I know you hang dry them, but do you paper bag them or go straight to jarring and burping?

Thanks

Hey Fied,

Good to see you back. Sorry to hear about the clonex messing your plants up, but I will keep it in mind as I just ordered some snow white. Have 2 questions for ya that I couldn't find in your journals.

The first is how do you flush your hempies? Are u watering with 4L of water each day for the last 3 days or 12oz of water each day or what?

The second question is your drying process. I know you hang dry them, but do you paper bag them or go straight to jarring and burping?

Thanks

I simply run plain water through them until I see substantial runoff. Definitely not 4 liters though. MAYBE 2 liters. I don't paper bag them. I go straight from hanging to jars.

....Yeah...Updated!
Hobby...Spring...hmmm. Hobby guess... knitting boobies
10 of the Weirdest Hobbies - Oddee.com (strange hobbies, funny hobbies)

sorry to hear about the cloning gel, let us know how the critical's take to the gel as opposed to the SW...
great update anyways. How much did you buds size down switching to the light movers? Average..
thx
was getting little worried there:):thumb:

The movers have significantly reduced the average yield of each plant. Morse so than I thought they would. However, until I get the stress ring issue resolved I can't give a fair assessment of anything.

3ml per gallon of hammerhead works great as a root stimulator in hydro as well. But that's an expensive route to take.

Plants are looking great regardless mate. Hope u get ur issues settled soon

sorry to hear about the clonning issues bro, have you tried plain old liquid stim root? I get it at walmart for 4 bucks a bottle and i get 100% return most of the time:)

hmmmm I know what I'll be looking for next trip :winkyface:

Thanks for the reps Hiker:Namaste: I swear by that stuff bro, I just take my cuttings and put them in water imediately, then clean them up a bit and make the final cut, give them a quick 5 second dip in the liquid stim root and into plain old jiffy pellets(also from walmart) they cost around 10 bucks for 100 of them.I soak them in tap water from my well, no ph or nutes at all.They go into a humidity dome and get misted every other day and are usually fully rooted and transplanted within 10 days:)

Thanks for the reps Hiker:Namaste: I swear by that stuff bro, I just take my cuttings and put them in water imediately, then clean them up a bit and make the final cut, give them a quick 5 second dip in the liquid stim root and into plain old jiffy pellets(also from walmart) they cost around 10 bucks for 100 of them.I soak them in tap water from my well, no ph or nutes at all.They go into a humidity dome and get misted every other day and are usually fully rooted and transplanted within 10 days:)

I didn't realize you were using the pellets. I thought you put the root stim into an aerocloner style cloner machine. Do you think it would work in one of those? I'm using plain RO right now. I thought about putting some superthrive in there. I'm confident they will be fine, but this is my first batch in the cloner, so I'm a little nervous. If they fail, it will delay my next harvest.

Back
Top Bottom