Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Ok Fied I was also having black ring stress deaths from cloned so last month I ordered 2kinds ROOTECH
ROOTECH.jpg
and EZ CLONE gels and this month I used the rootech its a nice orange color and leaves the stem with its natural color unlike the purple clonex gel also with the clonex I've found that browning on stem is not good but also not all bad either as they do bust roots through the browning.
I've also noticed quicker root bumps from the rootech but I also started on general hydro rapidstart with both rootech and rapidstart being pretty cheap and my clones look a lot healthier so maybe try a different rooting compound it may just help and I will let you know when my next set goes through how the ez clone gel try went and what lovely ladies :thumb:
Oh yeah and on the light mover if you remember I still have a mover not being used for that very reason it was only moving a 400 for 4 feet but buds weren't very dense nor were they tasteful IMO but that was my experience as well, I think they are better suited for a 1000 watts for any thing really great to happen but if anyone could make it happen it would be you and that's where my money's at!!! :peace:

I hope someone has already commented about this from page 46. . .

Bushmaster is poison, it will give you cancer if you add it to your plants.

It is well documented in many growers forums, and I joined 420magazine today to warn everyone who loves 420fied about it. After several years of lurking and reading 420fied and many others threads, I could not stand aside and read this recommendation to add a known carcinogen to our precious medicine. I hope my being a little late in starting this journal has not hurt anyone.

Thanks.. everything seems ok.. Thought I'd ask to make sure I'm not violating some common wisdom since I'm still fairly new at hempy & hydro feeding and also the 2L pots, so I haven't sorted it all out yet. The only nute related prob I've identified so far is a general bit of slight burn (adjusting) and the Pineapple Chunk seems more sensitive and preferring a lighter mix than the other strains. I realize that my lack of uniformity makes everything more complex, but I'm too stupid to keep it simple :cheesygrinsmiley: My first batch of cloner to flower plants are a week from finishing, and though they are mini, they have some nice frosty and fragrant buds..

side note: for my sativa dominant plants, I add a product called bushmaster which reduces stretch, active ingredient is sea kelp. Could be helpful for anyone wanting to grow sativas with the 2L method. Thanks again.. MJ

I'm going back to page 46 now, I should be caught up shortly. Stay safe, and thanks to everyone who has posted and shared in these journals, I haven't paid for weed in years.

I simply run plain water through them until I see substantial runoff. Definitely not 4 liters though. MAYBE 2 liters. I don't paper bag them. I go straight from hanging to jars.

And you water like this 3 days in a row? Flush,flush,flush...and then let em dry?

Do you hang until stems snap or just before? When you jar how often do you burp?

Sorry just your buds always look so tasty and last time i dried from outdoor grow buds got too dry and smelled like hay :/ Hopefully this time I can do it right bc may flower room smells sweet :)
417locationpic.jpg
414colanoloc.jpg
417nolocationcola.jpg

^^^^^5 weeks of Flower still 3-4 more to go...fatten up!

One last ? Next wednesday is my next defoliation. With all the crystals on my leaves now should I still be plucking them or leave the frosty ones on even tho theyre blocking light?

Just thought I'd add my way of putting holes for drainage in my 2L bottles, I take a short piece (5 inches long) of a metal coat hanger snap it in a pair of vice grips and place it on the electric burner on the stove. After a minute or two I run it thru the bottle where I want the holes, works very well and very fast.
Yeah I know I can burn myself but using a knife is just as dangerous.
Also when cutting the top off the bottle I leave the cap on when I puncture the bottle the air in side the bottle makes it easier to drive a knife into for that first cut. .....It's the little things ya know.

One more thing has anyone tried willow water for clones? Willows are full of growth hormones check out willow water and how to make it on Google. The other hormones in willows helps prevent disease in cuttings also I have read.

to cut my hempy 2l i use a brand new blade in my carpenters knife a razor sharp blade is safer than a used blade that may have dull places it can catch and i like a dremel for the holes,if you use heat please do it outside or near an exhaust fan even a little burning plastic fumes every so often can have disasterous health concequences long term, another way is a drill with the flat hole saw that has the point i forget the exact name, i read bushmasters was a bad bad thing too, i would rather use string and topping than trust any chemical

bro, on the cloning gel subject, i don tt have a cloning gel, and read about honey for cloning, i used some organic honey that i will use again today on my hempy babies, it worked like a charm, might wanna give it a try if it worked fine for me then i could see it doing much more in your magic hands, i am following your pathways since i am in a country where the use of 2 liters is very rare and we do not have these ones you are using fied, after a long wait and collecting of bottled i just put together a different variety of 2 liters, quick question if you dont mind fied, do you think a 1,5 liter cut from high up as in leaving most of the bottle intact would work similar not much weigh loss?
and i have a family member coming back from the us of a soon i will have him bring me some BPN as i do not want to pay the shipping company more than corey for his great product.
so thank you fied and other members here that provide first hand experiences for people like me to only need to put in the time of reading a journal or 2 a question or 2 and then can drop them seeds in the water haha.
really appreciate it, i like here so much that i was thinking if one day a gathering was to take place i have just the location by end summer to be in and have a ball, i don t know if many know it, but Ketama is a small village in the rif mountains of Northern africa(Morocco) where kif/ the moroccan landrace strains are the only crop that could grow in the harsh weather up there, so it has been grown for centuries and was even given the right by the king back in occupational days to grow weed as long as their need be, as without these mountain folks the occupational days of france would have lasted much longer, all this from a few hits has to be good weed, good growing everyone.:thanks::Namaste:

'Fied - Been following your journals for a long time, inspired me to run 2l hempys.

I just started my first round of SW clones and ran into the same black ring issues with cloning gel. Glad to hear that you are confident its related to the gel; Ive been growing for about 4 years now and until I tried to clone SW I had never run into the stress ring issue. When you first mentioned it in another one of your threads I couldnt envision what you were talking about. I will try just plain tap water, no gel with the SW, thanks for your experience and knowledge. Good growing!

No disrespect, but don't you think you where a bit hard on Castle?

You bought 5 CM but got 2 CM and 3 CH. You let them know there was a problem and they send you the 3 missing CM.

When you got the 3 CM one could say that the CH's was freebies. In other words you got 3 freebies.

2 of the CM's didnt crack. Did you contact Castle in regards to this NEW problem? If you had done that they might have sent you 2 new ones? From what I read you didnt? Correct me if im wrong.

Perhaps there is a person working his/her ass off to get all the ordered seeds out all over the world. And perhaps this person knows nothing about seeds? It's possible, isn't it? My apologies if I missed a post where you say you did.

And sorry for my bad English! I live across the world from you guys.

And last but not least, in the past few years I've read ALL your threads carefully and I learned more about growing in your threads than the other 100+ threads I've read. Not that the other threads on here where useless, quiet the opposite, but you have a way of explaining things in detail that other lack. imho

I would like to thank you for taking your time to get all your experience out there for any one to take part of!

Thoughts Please:

I am in the planning stage of building a SOG growing system that will combine the aeroponic system built and utilized in 420fied's journal titled "4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts" with the SOG style of growing journaled in his other grows. The plan is to have 10 lengths of 4 inch pvc pipe 8 feet long side by side with no spacing with 2 inch holes drilled 4 and a half inches apart giving me 210 sites in a 4x8 foot print similar to what I have in 2L hempys under two 1000w lights without the hassle of watering every other day. I may not get quite the yield of a drain to waste system but I'm willing to suffer a little yield. This also would eliminate the need to have cloning machines as I can hang a couple T-5's in the room and put the cuttings directly into the aeroponic system as 420fied did when he was SCROGing in his system. Any thoughts?

Thoughts Please:

I am in the planning stage of building a SOG growing system that will combine the aeroponic system built and utilized in 420fied's journal titled "4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts" with the SOG style of growing journaled in his other grows. The plan is to have 10 lengths of 4 inch pvc pipe 8 feet long side by side with no spacing with 2 inch holes drilled 4 and a half inches apart giving me 210 sites in a 4x8 foot print similar to what I have in 2L hempys under two 1000w lights without the hassle of watering every other day. I may not get quite the yield of a drain to waste system but I'm willing to suffer a little yield. This also would eliminate the need to have cloning machines as I can hang a couple T-5's in the room and put the cuttings directly into the aeroponic system as 420fied did when he was SCROGing in his system. Any thoughts?

Hey teeo I did just this exact thing and it yielded a little better than regular hempies but the problem was short ones will be in between tall ones and so on so forth heavily shading the smaller ones leaving them a lot smaller by weight and you can't move them like 2 liters so to ease water under 2 thousand watters I'd take one 1 or 2 inch PVC put my marks for 21 drippers or just holes and run and pump to it cap one end and one long water stick time how long it takes to water and move you should get really efficient at watering quickly if this helps :peace:

No disrespect, but don't you think you where a bit hard on Castle?

You bought 5 CM but got 2 CM and 3 CH. You let them know there was a problem and they send you the 3 missing CM.

When you got the 3 CM one could say that the CH's was freebies. In other words you got 3 freebies.

2 of the CM's didnt crack. Did you contact Castle in regards to this NEW problem? If you had done that they might have sent you 2 new ones? From what I read you didnt? Correct me if im wrong.

Perhaps there is a person working his/her ass off to get all the ordered seeds out all over the world. And perhaps this person knows nothing about seeds? It's possible, isn't it? My apologies if I missed a post where you say you did.

And sorry for my bad English! I live across the world from you guys.

And last but not least, in the past few years I've read ALL your threads carefully and I learned more about growing in your threads than the other 100+ threads I've read. Not that the other threads on here where useless, quiet the opposite, but you have a way of explaining things in detail that other lack. imho

I would like to thank you for taking your time to get all your experience out there for any one to take part of!

Thanks for the nice words.

To answer your question, No...I don't feel like I'm being hard on Castle. In fact, I'll tell everyone I come into contact with about the piss-poor service they provided me with. 40% of my actual order and 100% of the "gift" they sent me, was garbage.

After emailing them my initial complaint they did in fact send 3 more CM seeds. Two of which did not germinate, so I ended with only 3 good CM seeds. The 3 Haze seeds they sent all ended up being males. Thankfully, two of the CM's are beautiful females.

I emailed them a second time, letting them know that the "gift" they sent me ended up being 3 Haze Males and that in the end, I got 3 good CM seeds (3 of 5 = 40% trash) after waiting an additional 3 weeks. I asked them if they were satisfied knowing that 40% of what they sent me was bunk.

They didn't even bother to respond.

I recommend Sannie's Seed Shop. I ordered seeds six days ago and they are already at my post office ready for pickup. I am using a strain called Extrema and getting 11-14 grams per plant in my SOG grows.

Back
Top Bottom