Local closet grower

Nope your never too late. Wo th the you g plant I would top right away (if you are going to) wait till she’s working on the sixth internode and cut that off. Then you wait for it to focus on the branches that are left. You will notice different growth. The big plant you could prob still top, but it won’t be able to be a quad line or anything, but you could make it work.

Nice one, I only topped the big plant once, I'll take my lesson and top the other a couple of times when shes ready, nice time on that last reply to buddy if I did decide to top the other am i okay to actually cut the top part of flower off? Thanks again bro

Yes sir. It seems intimidating, and almost “stupid” to cut the main part of the plant. But I ensure you, that it’s the best way to maximize your yields.
There’s also fimming as well. I haven’t dabbled into it much though to be able to educate you more on it. All I know, is how to do it. Nothing more.
4C40B700-7FF0-42F1-B969-80FD807BCD65.png

20200512_172106.jpg

Topped the baby today, I'm going to leave the zkittlez to do its thing, I'm not too experienced and shes doing pretty well for the first plant in this enclosure. In debating on weather or not to take any leaves off to let more light get to the rest of the plant? Sorry for the purple again

Glad you're doing ok. I mostly do LST and now that I have a slighty larger space I might get into topping but with some personal changes.
I highly suggest rice water (washing the rice before cooking, but keeping the water for the plants) as it has micronutrients and lots of starch to feed it better.
I also suggest using a moon calendar if you're starting. Once you and the plant are in sync, a lot of the guesswork is discarded and you can rest knowing what to expect and when.

I'll look into a moon calender now, nice tip on the rice water gave it a quick Google and it looks positive. Have you been feeding it with the nutrients like a normal feed? I'm using coco so I've been feeding every water. Rice is a major part of my diet so I would be able to get an abundance of rice water without wasting the rice lol

I'm using the same nutes as last growth, but did notice a big difference with the rice water. Lentil water is great for stimulating root development as well. Check out banana tea (4 banana peels in 1L of boiling water for 15 min) as well. It's what I started using with my current plants.

Thanks for the advice, i get through a fair few bananas too! I've seen the banana tea online before but man I'm not going to lie I'm just worried about trying new things and screwing up the progress. I'll give the rice water a go tomorrow as a start for sure. I'm hoping to keep this journal as sort of a guide for future grows so any help is apreciated bro

I'm a closet grower. I don't have any experience with filming but topping is definitely the easiest and most effective for our situations.

Then if you can learn how to quadline, that is the secret to heavy yields in closets, IMO
Super easy to quadline after you top some plants. sometimes they set it up for you.
I hope I helped. :blunt:

I’m sorry.. I’m throwing a brain fart right now... whats PK again?
phosphorus potassium. I think right? you should def be giving them all NPK throughout their life.

She's not doing go bad as she is atm, I'll give her a little extra in a week or two. Gave the rice water today so we will see how she is in the next few days

Attachments

• 20200517_212414.jpg
    20200517_212414.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 20200517_212455.jpg
    20200517_212455.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 32
Nope your never too late. Wo th the you g plant I would top right away (if you are going to) wait till she’s working on the sixth internode and cut that off. Then you wait for it to focus on the branches that are left. You will notice different growth. The big plant you could prob still top, but it won’t be able to be a quad line or anything, but you could make it work.
Isn't he growing Auto's ? Not suppose to Top Auto's after Day 21. I got Hermies when I did it too late. I'd just LST at this point the best I could & get some side growth coming out those branches.

Back
Top Bottom