Local closet grower

I tried my first fim a week ago and it seems to be working. First time I ever topped a plant was this year as well. Noticeable change in growth pattern. So many branches.
6A070EB7-314D-48C4-940E-A855382DA269.jpeg

farts I might have accidentally fimmed a plant lol

Isn't he growing Auto's ? Not suppose to Top Auto's after Day 21. I got Hermies when I did it too late. I'd just LST at this point the best I could & get some side growth coming out those branches.
If it is an auto, then yes your right. I follow a lot of journals, I forget which are autos and what aren’t

If it’s not an auto. I grow till the sixth internode. Cut above the fifth, and remove the bottom two internodes, leaving three internodes. If the third (bottom) internode doesn’t make it to the top canopy after stretching into flower. I cut the bottom internode off to make it a quad line
For quad line grow till you have four internode. Cut above the fourth, and remove the bottom internode. Leaving two internodes one tact.

@carcass quadlines autos all the time,

Thanks for the tag,BL !
I do quadline my autos- most of them have taken well to the training- I did,however just grow a Pink Kush CBD that didn't like it much...
Just tag me, @LowCalGrow if there's anything I can help you with-

@carcass when would you advise retopping the new tops? Tia
I can't help you with that- I only top mine once, above node #3.
I still manage to get 20-24 colas doing it that way.
I don't want the plant to be recovering from topping when flowering starts- which usually happens right around the time the branches would be ready to top....
I keep the training going after flowering starts, but after the initial topping ,I don't cut anything else.
(until harvest time ;) )
I'm not saying you shouldn't do it....lots of folks do, just not me.

20200525_171739.jpg
20200525_171832.jpg

1 day later the little one has perked right up in terms of new growth from the topping. The big girl is taking longer than I've seen from an autoflower but seems extremely happy and healthy so I'm not going to rush her, doesn't look a high yeald but ill ofcoarse put the results up on this thread for everyone. Bear in mind my total set up cost was around £250;)
Happy Monday broskis

Its over 20 inches away? A mars hydro led puts off that much more heat then a t5? I use 1k hps not de but just air cooled 1ks i been trying to keep them12-30 in away from canopy. I bet you could get that led 12 inches above your plant canopy? I use t5s in vege and i got those guys like 4 inches away the 4 ft 8 bulbs. Just wondering if you could get it closer maybe with a clio fan blowing on it or somethin. I had a closet grow. Seemed to produced real hardie dense buds. The light seems to bounce of the walls well. I wonder if that led can be close up.

Few pictures to show the set up a little better. Excuse the cruditiy of the set up but i was in a rush to move the plant before these to into my spare room at the time and just haven't got round to it. Privacy and disgression is a must where I live so that's why thats that way lol. Daytime temps max at 28 with the light at 25inch if that helps. Also have a small 50w purple, mostly red led board. Is it worth throwing in just because?
The set up cost practically nothing to put together or run do the extra 50w won't exactly break the bank. Thoughts?

20200528_134640.jpg

20200528_134634.jpg

20200528_134524.jpg

20200528_134514.jpg

20200528_134654.jpg

20200528_134646.jpg

Wow brother. I dont use leds but i do use t5s . If its working and appare tly it is decently. I would want the lights 12 inches away but it is what it is. I feel as thoigh the lights lower makes the flowers more dense etc. Really depends on the heat. If u could get em 2 inches away i would . Ya add any extra leds. Reds are for flower btw. Nice set up. I had a closet grow with a 1k hps . Kinda overkill i was told but i got super dense buds and 20 ounces off 4 plants without much trouble. The intensity of the light in a confined area helped that im sure. Im sure u have a clip fan or a hurricane flan blowing in their. I like to defoliate when needed . Ill always lolipop the bottom upto 60-75 of the plant leaving only what branches i know will make it to the top effectively. Ya add as many lights as u can. Ur not gonna have to worry too much bout heat from leds or power consumption. Full spectrum makes flowers grow more gealthy i notice.

Thanks for the insight bro I've just lowered the light and raised the flowering plant so the light is at 18inch for the veg plant and 13inch for the flower plant and also added the other panel, you can see the reflection In the water in one of the pictures. I'm only looking to grow for smoke. Now my fiance smokes as much as I do we get through a oz in 2 weeks so anything close to cut my bill down will be great. It's honestly been an amazing hobby and i think it's underrated the stress relief and little bit of time it gives myself eatch day. I've even started growning strawberrys lol they're only a few quid and I get around 30 berrys a plant it's extremely rewarding

Attachments

• IMG-20200528-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200528-WA0004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20200528_180057.jpg
    20200528_180057.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200528_174009.jpg
    20200528_174009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom