Lonestar's Lemon Walker RDWC Grow Journal 2017

What's a popular exhaust fan for a 4 x 4? I need a carbon filter right?

Yes, you need a carbon filter for odor control.

This is what I use. Exchanges all the air in my 5x5 tent 3 times a minute. Mine works great.

iPower GLFANXINL4FILT4MD8C 4Inch High CFM Inline Exhausting Fan & Carbon Air Filter w/1050+ IAV Australia Virgin Charcoal, Pre-Filter Included, Reversible Flange & 8Feet Ducting w/2Clamps Combo

1666463822568.png

I have that fan as well, ScrogDawg. Very nice, but a bit loud for my small area. I ended up buying this one. A bit more, but its pretty bad ass. :)

Vortex 347 CFM S Line S-600 Fan, 6" - Built In Household Ventilation Fans

1666463789553.png

Yes, you need a carbon filter for odor control.

This is what I use. Exchanges all the air in my 5x5 tent 3 times a minute. Mine works great.

iPower GLFANXINL4FILT4MD8C 4Inch High CFM Inline Exhausting Fan & Carbon Air Filter w/1050+ IAV Australia Virgin Charcoal, Pre-Filter Included, Reversible Flange & 8Feet Ducting w/2Clamps Combo

Did you have to buy a speed adjuster? I don't even know what I'm talking about honestly (have a basic idea) but I noticed that it was a frequently bought item with that unit lol don't wanna order something then forgot a crucial part of it

I don't have a speed controller but have looked at them many times. Just haven't pulled the trigger.

Good fan but as VexGrows points out they are a little loud if your in the same room as the fan. Nothing you couldn't live with but a bit loud none the less.

So does the speed controller save electricity/make the air exchange more efficient/or....? Noise is not an issue, as its In the garage
The speed controller helps you control the enviornment within your grow space. If it is too cold and it's warm outside the space you can suck warm air in at a metered dose and vice versa. If humidity gets low I can turn my fan off or down and let the plants respiration add humidity again in a controlled dose. A controller is the cats ass. I can't imagine not having it now that I have used one.
Gauge

Well bad news... Left town for a day, came home and my tent had its own little lake inside of it. Pretty big leak. So what now?!? Luckily, I bought all of that extra equipment last week which I had already put up in the attic, not expecting to use it any time soon, so I pulled it down to play around with all the stuff I had and here's what I came up with...
420-magazine-mobile2003481312.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2041511985.jpg

So no more fancy RADDWC, back to the simple DWC . I'll get a little video of all the action inside of the bucket before bedtime. It's time to roll a few up

Bummer. Sorry to hear.

Where did it leak?

How did you have it recirculating if you don't mind me asking?

And the RADDWC concept is far from fancy. Lol just something that worked for my space, plus sounds rad. ;)

I had a small leak, but was able to fix it. Live and learn.

Same place where I thought I had fixed it. Needs a new seal of some sort, might try the same bulkhead that I had running out of the res. The buckets I had set up today were leaking from the lid, but I figured out the issue and will try to fix it tomorrow having the day off. If not I have a plan C .

Looks like in going to do ANOTHER revision today lol going to put both girls in a large tote together. The buckets they're in now "leak" from the lid, the pressure from the water pump inside is too much. By the time it's all said and done I'll have a handful of hydro setups for backups

Just curious but why are all those lights on the ground? From what I have learned plants only absorb light through the tops of the leaves not the bottom. Just wondering.

You could be right! Hell I'm a noob lol was just hoping it would get some light underneath for tighter node growth, but I've since removed them after the leak

Back
Top Bottom