Maer's 540W Advanced LED — G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

All of them look to have at least pre-roots starting. A couple more days and you should see good growth out of those last 3 or 4 that don't have "true" roots yet. Did you use any cloning gel on them or in your res? Likewise, did you shave their legs as my step-father likes to call it? He has been scraping the bottom 1/2" to 1" before he puts them to the water for at least the past 25 years or so.

Definitely shave those ladies legs... Prep work for the beauty pageant.

All of them look to have at least pre-roots starting. A couple more days and you should see good growth out of those last 3 or 4 that don't have "true" roots yet. Did you use any cloning gel on them or in your res? Likewise, did you shave their legs as my step-father likes to call it? He has been scraping the bottom 1/2" to 1" before he puts them to the water for at least the past 25 years or so.

Yea that is exactly how I do it, cut at a 45 shave off the bottom inch and into clonex gel. I even used half strength clonex solution after about 3 days.

Re: Maer's 540W Advanced LED – G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

So this morning the ones that were showing next to nothing were showing a couple roots, the ones that had a few roots have a decent amounts and the others have indeed exploded. I will get my nutes today and do a full res change with 1/2 strength transition blend.

The other day when I ordered my float valve I also ordered a Caliber III Temp / Hygrometer and a Hanging gram scale:

21pn6chiqfL_SL500_AA300_.jpg
31O-BipUYxL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

So the plan is to weigh the clones when I place then in flower and when I harvest, then cut the roots and weigh them separately. Just some data that might be interesting.

@steve

I did take all my clones from the bottom of the giant bushes I had, so I dont know why these took so long to root

Maer,
Looks like I have to buy some more toys to keep up :)

Those were $30 total, to date I have spent $7322 on this "hobby".

I love love love those threads "I have $20 and some miracle grow help me grow big bad dank shit yo"

at least this hobby can pay off occasionally. It's almost as bad as my fishing hobby. I just hope when I die, my wife doesn't sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it.
Marital diplomacy: you pretend to have spent little on toys, she pretends to believe you.
Would either of you stay married to a fool? :hmmmm:

How hot is she?

You must be well under 30, to even ask. Half my lifetime back, 6 months was my absolute limit on trading tolerance for sex. Now, a six minute cell conversation in my presence, or six seconds after her cell rings at the opera will do it. "Here's $20 for your cab Babe, seeya."

@steve: fit, toned & healthy are minimums for any respect for others or myself. There's more ;)

@ Propa

No I am over 30, but ya I get your point. My friend is dating a 19 y/o and I don't know how he puts up with her.

So here are the roots today:

PIC-0014.jpg

And the tops:

PIC-0016.jpg

I swapped the cloner back to the veg closet since the air circulation was not doing anything to drop my res temps. I also got my CES package today so I did a full res change to transition blend with a little extra grow because they are showing massive N deficiency.

Added:

Micro - 40ml
Bloom - 50ml
Grow - 38ml

Plant Amp - 50ml
Uncle Johns - 50ml
Mag Amp - 10ml

After circulating for 5 mins:

ph - 4.1
ppm - 1340
temp - 74

I am using Cutting edge solutions, they give a note with their plant amp product that it will throw the pH low for a couple days but it will go up to the 5.5-6.1 range.

Yeah, that Plant Amp drops it looooow. I don't measure until the next day, then it's good. May take a little longer for the clones to soak up the Ca in there to raise it.

If you're thinking about topping them, I do it about now.

Yeah, that Plant Amp drops it looooow. I don't measure until the next day, then it's good. May take a little longer for the clones to soak up the Ca in there to raise it.

If you're thinking about topping them, I do it about now.

I shouldn't wait for those couple to show roots and for the massive yellowing to go away?

Today there was an explosion in the cloner. I opened the door less than 18 hours after the res change and it looked like most of them easily put on an inch. So I topped all of them, trimmed up my moms again and took a couple pics:

DSCN01226.JPG
DSCN01233.JPG

That was after the topping, I should have taken pics before but my camera was charging. Crazy they drank 80ppms worth of nutes in 18 hours. Here are the numbers:

pH: 4.1
ppm: 1260
res temp: 72
air temp: 80

I actually cleaned a bunch out yesterday, they had lint caught in them because I have been using a towel to carry the frozen bottle to and from the cloner... The explosive growth has me considering an aero setup down the road.

Back
Top Bottom