MaggiesFarm - Outdoor Container - Bubblelicious Auto-Fem Soil Grow

MaggiesFarm

Welcome to my 2nd grow journal of the summer! This time I'm trying Nirvana Bubblelicious Auto-Fem beans.

Number of plants - all 5 seeds sprouted but I dropped 1 and killed it
What strain is it? - Bubblelicious Autoflowers, feminised seeds from Nirvana
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? - Predominantly Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? - 1 is in Veg and 3 are still seedlings
If in Veg... For how long? - #1 broke through the soil on July 10, #2-4 came up on July 26.
Indoor or outdoor? - #1 has been outdoors since July 26 and the others are still indoors in the seedling cabinet.
Soil or Hydro? - Soil, Fox Farms Ocean Forest and vermiculite, 80/20 mix
If soil... What size pot? - They will all be in 5 gallon Air-Pots
Size of light? - The sun. There are 3 14w 6500k CFLs in the seedling cabinet running 20/4
Is it aircooled? - Yes, built-in fans
Temp of Room/cab? - 75F - 80F
RH of Room/cab? - 65%-70%
PH of media or res? - 6.5
Any Pests ? - I haven't seen any
How often are you watering? - As needed
Type and strength of ferts used? - I'll be using the Fox Farms series.

Pics and up-to-date timeline will be in the next post. Thanks for tuning in!

Subbed :) Its so fun to watch little tiny sprouts turn into giant bud bearing behemoths in just a few months time ;)
Happy growing!:cheer:

Lets get it!!!! You don't want to maybe try one of the plants in another type of pot for a comparison? I've been wondering if the air pots are worth the extra money. Just grabbed a few smart pots for when I transplant my next youngins. Might do one in a smart pot, one in an air pot and one in a regular 5g pot. We'll see though. Anyway, you know I'm along for the ride:love:

Sorry I didn't get this up last night, but I was just too tired. OK enough excuses. Let's get you all up to speed with these girls.

July 2 - 2 Nirvana Bubblelicious feminized autoflower seeds were dropped into distilled water for germination.

July 5 - Both seeds sprouted and were placed in Rapid Rooter plugs, but not before I dropped #2, and placed into my seedling cabinet under 3 14w 6500k CFLs 18/6.

July 10 - Bub#1, who will be known from now on as Grace, broke ground. I put her Rapid Rooter plug into a 1 liter air-pot filled with a seedling mix and vermiculite. Bub#2, now forever known as Janis, has not shown herself yet.

July 16 - Grace is looking good, but Janis didn't survive her fall. RIP Janis. Bub#3, Bub#4 and Bub#5 seeds started soaking in distilled water.

July 19 - Bub#3(Linda), Bub#4(Donna) and Bub#5(Debbie) all sprouted and were placed in Rapid Rooter plugs and went to the seedling cabinet with Grace.

July 20 - Here's a pic of Grace and the seedlings to be.
CAM001881.jpg

July 25 - Linda started pushing through the top of the soil and maybe Donna, too.

July 26 - I moved Grace out of the seedling cabinet and into her own 5 gal air-pot outdoors. I watered her in with distilled water and some CalMg+. Linda, Donna and Debbie all have broken ground in the seedling cabinet and have been put into 1 liter air-pots with a seedling mix. I changed their light cycle to 20/4.
CAM001953.jpg

CAM001963.jpg

CAM001972.jpg

CAM002071.jpg

July 29 - Grace got FIM'd this afternoon. I wanted to do the deed as early as possible. Maybe I went too early....we'll just have to see. The others seem to be progressing nicely in the seedling cabinet. Last night while watering/misting I moved them a little closer to the lights. Check out Donna's cotyledon folded over. I'm going to leave that alone unless it doesn't correct itself soon.
CAM002082.jpg

CAM002092.jpg

CAM002102.jpg

CAM002111.jpg

Lets get it!!!! You don't want to maybe try one of the plants in another type of pot for a comparison? I've been wondering if the air pots are worth the extra money. Just grabbed a few smart pots for when I transplant my next youngins. Might do one in a smart pot, one in an air pot and one in a regular 5g pot. We'll see though. Anyway, you know I'm along for the ride:love:

My plans are to grow one of these to harvest in a 5 gal smart pot as a comparison with the air-pots. When the time comes to transplant, I'll choose the 2 most similar for the test.

You fim'ed and Auto? :hmmmm:
Is there a method to the madness? ;)

Like I said in the other journal, I know what the rule of thumb is with autos, but I don't like rules.

Hey, it may be a disaster, but we'll just have to wait and see. I did it early enough that I think there's time for it to work out OK.

Like I said in the other journal, I know what the rule of thumb is with autos, but I don't like rules.

Hey, it may be a disaster, but we'll just have to wait and see. I did it early enough that I think there's time for it to work out OK.

Some rules should be broken.
I have been known to do crazy things as well. :) Imagine an Auto growing in a basketball rim. :rofl:

Just checking to make sure you had a reason. :high-five:
Fim's are a lot less sketchy than topping. I could see the potential benefit. I'll be interested to see how it goes. :geek:

Quick morning update: The girls liked moving closer to the light yesterday. They all are noticeably taller. It was good to see Debbie fighting through the folded cotyledon. I did notice a couple of gnats in the cabinet for the first time. I'm not sure what action to take with the plants at this stage. Maybe just some sticky cards for now until they are strong enough to move outdoors?

Sticky traps work well. Also a few fresh potato slices laid on the dirt will get the gnats to lay eggs on it. Then in two days remove the slice and interupt the cycle. :thumb:

p.s. BAR has his patented Broke Azz Gnat Spray that works great as well for the flyers.

Thanks for those suggestions....+reps! I think I'll go with the potato slices in the seedling cabinet and then use BAR's spray outdoors.

Welcome everyone! We are fighting gnats in the seedling cabinet with potato slices today and tomorrow. BAR's bug juice will be mixed up later tonight and applied as well.

A few quick pics to get you up to date with the girls.

The FIM done on Grace looks like it may have worked. I can see 2 sets of leaves showing so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. None of the outdoor bugs have found Grace yet.
IMG_260814.JPG

IMG_260914.JPG

The 3 babies are getting bigger, but they are having problems with gnats. From L to R, we have Debbie, Donna and Linda.
IMG_26196.JPG

Linda is on pace to be the 2nd Bub to make it outdoors.
IMG_26209.JPG

Donna was the last of these 3 to break ground, but she's looking good.
IMG_262213.JPG

Debbie was first to start to break ground but had issues with a piece of the rooter plug that covered the hole. Her cotyledon was folded over the top and she's trying to fight through that.
IMG_26249.JPG

If I can get these gnats under control this weekend, I think Linda may be ready to move outdoors next weekend. With a good week of sun, Grace should be ready for some LST by then too.

Thanks for checking in!

Looking good so far!

For FIM sites, you'll first see the fan leaves appear. As they're growing the next set of fan leaves starts growing from the top. This is where you watch closely, as the 2nd set spreads, you'll be able to see if you have 2-4+ tops, or just one top.

On your FIM site, I can see the two fan leaves where you FIM'ed (with the rounded tips). And I see the next two emerging and spreading out. You want to see no growth between them, instead, above each petiole of the youngest fan leaves, you want to see at least two tops, and no more main stem.

You want to see this:
2014-06-26_18-44-04_896.jpg

Back
Top Bottom