Managing 2 phenotypes in same tent

Rusky

Hi folks, Cherry Haze and I are growing out 4 Jack Diesel seeds and seem to have 2 phenotypes going on - 3 of 1 and 1 of another, if you follow me - check the journal if you want to see... 1st Time Grow Jack Diesel Sativa Indoor CCOB w LST Hydro

The main 3 are filling out nicely but the other 1 is slower, although it is the one that has been able to look after itself the best - lovely green leaves all the way through the grow, just not growing as fast. My thought was just to let the 1 on its own to carry on after we harvest the other 3, but I've seen plenty of advice here and elsewhere that 2 days or so of dark right at the end helps fatten out the buds, so if we do this when the 3 are ready, how is that likely to affect the other one? We're limited on space and just have a 1m x 1m tent with all 4 ladies in, so it would be tricky to separate them, though I guess I could take the main 3 out of the tent and stick them in my wardrobe for 2 days with the door shut, aroma would be an issue but I could maybe cope with 2 days of stink!? Amy thoughts?

OK firstly I did loads of research on the dark period thing before harvest. The main reputable reason for dark before chop is the plant shifts starches and sugars down to root mass during this period making plant cleaner for cull. I was coming at it from the angle of trich production myself, not just trying to manage plants on diff internal clocks lol. Dark period at end is not going to finish you girl quicker or fatten buds.
Instead of secluding 3 mature plants into dark and carry on with one cooking, try 3 in tent dark, 1 outside tent with any minimal lighting. So your only worried about the smell of the immature one outside tent. 3 stinkers in for dark period (tent).
Any bit of light would do for your single girl. the decrease in light levels would only be for a short period so shouldn't hurt. Just stick her in your closet for her dark cycle. :)

Hope that made sense as Gerty is still kicking my ass!

Light Addict you're a legend, I really appreciate your input, having read plenty of your posts and threads before I know you've done your research. To be honest trichome production is a major factor for me too :bong: so it's interesting to learn that the last minute dark period is more of a continuation of flushing/start of drying and curing. In that case I'm going to take your advice and temporarily move the short, stocky girl out for 2 days at the end, no doubt that will cause me less stress re: odour - we live in a block of flats so there's a lot of noses to keep out of!

BTW our ladies are getting so sticky and stinky now, had a maintenance evening yesterday - reservoir change and a little leaf trimming. There are some funky, citrusy, fuely aromas in there...:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom