Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

...Hey Sara... :ciao:...look what I got today...my missing ratchet hangers and props to @ SeanShao for including a gift of sun glasses!...GREAT customer service!...:bravo:...

...on another note...was doing some shopping this past weekend...needed a couple things for the house from the zon.ca...also ended up pulling the trigger on another TS1000(with ratchets this time...;)) from MARS...delivery beat Amazon by a day!...:eek:...:bravo::rofl:...:thumb:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Do we have any AU growers here?

You can grow that? I thought it had to be mined.

:rofl:

ended up pulling the trigger on another TS1000

How do you like the design? I like the reflector around the perimeter (and, coincidentally, suggested it when I got the SP150s). I feel that it helps direct much of the light (that would otherwise go towards the walls) downward onto the plant(s), where it can be of use. Speaking figuratively, the entire device weighs less than an idle thought - which is always appreciated in something that I am expected to hang, remove, and adjust from time to time (I have one LED device that weighs 30+ pounds - try taking that one down with a broken arm :rolleyes: ). Being "old-school," I would have liked it even better if the power supply had been wholly separate from the rest of the fixture, but I don't see that as any real negative at this time. If temperatures threaten to become brutal this Summer, I might investigate the possibility of making some minor modifications. Perhaps moving the power supply, or if I feel that there is any danger of significant heat buildup in the area directly under the LEDs that is surrounded by the reflector, maybe using a slicing/cutting wheel on my Dremel tool to make some thin cuts here and there around the upper portion of that reflector in order to allow some hot air to escape (again, if that even becomes a problem in the first place, which is by no means a given).

One cannot say for sure until after harvest, of course. But my initial impression of this product, and taking into account such factors as its wattage and price, is that it is a fine product - and one that I hope to be able to enjoy the use of for a long time, assuming no one comes along and convinces me that they need it worse than I do.

Being me, I am also trying to figure out a valid use in the grow space for that piece of wood that I received as a bonus ;) .

...Hey Sara... :ciao:...look what I got today...my missing ratchet hangers and props to @ SeanShao for including a gift of sun glasses!...GREAT customer service!...:bravo:...

...on another note...was doing some shopping this past weekend...needed a couple things for the house from the zon.ca...also ended up pulling the trigger on another TS1000(with ratchets this time...;)) from MARS...delivery beat Amazon by a day!...:eek:...:bravo::rofl:...:thumb:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
:thumb::thumb::thumb: As long as your happy, we are happy! :slide:

One cannot say for sure until after harvest, of course. But my initial impression of this product, and taking into account such factors as its wattage and price, is that it is a fine product - and one that I hope to be able to enjoy the use of for a long time, assuming no one comes along and convinces me that they need it worse than I do.

Being me, I am also trying to figure out a valid use in the grow space for that piece of wood that I received as a bonus ;) .
Yeah! Seeing is believing, luckily we get more and more feedbacks. :D This also helps us improves as well. So don't hesitate to give advise . :thanks:

What do you mean?

Au is also the abbreviation for gold (the element). Apologies; it was an attempt at humor and I hadn't considered the possibility that it might not translate well.

Au is also the abbreviation for gold (the element). Apologies; it was an attempt at humor and I hadn't considered the possibility that it might not translate well.
Ah~ haha! No, I mean Austrilia, haha :Rasta:

My new sp-250 areived today and man oh man is it ever bright!! Still waiting for my seeds to arrive but when they do, and are ready for that much light, they are going to love it !!
Thanks @SmokeSara for the awsome product. I will post updates of my grow under this light.
StaySharp

My new sp-250 areived today and man oh man is it ever bright!! Still waiting for my seeds to arrive but when they do, and are ready for that much light, they are going to love it !!
Thanks @SmokeSara for the awsome product. I will post updates of my grow under this light.
StaySharp
Hi knifemaker420, that is great to know. :D Thank you for the update! Hope to see the feedback pictures soon, and hope your plants love the light :yahoo:

Recently we get some feedback from growers who received the TS-1000 and found the light cannot work, after knowing more about the details, we found they just forget to plug the cord to the pcb board. :lot-o-toke:

So finally the second seed popped out, but it looks like not very healthy, anyone can tell the problem?

If that's the seed case stuck to the cotyledon on the left, drip water onto the area often over the next day; it may fall off on its own and, if not, the repeated applications of water will prevent it from drying out and causing the gardener to damage the cotyledon (or at least minimize that damage) when he/she ends up having to manually remove it.

Do we have any AU growers here? :green_heart:
Maybe...gets hot here in summer, I got a spare room about 3m x 3m could put on a hell of a flower show with a few of those SP250.....cough,cough.....
I also do Electronics...and I might grow plants.....:ganjamon:

I already have a Mum-Clone tent, and 1.2m x 2.3m custom tent with 2 x 315w CMH , which could be used as an enlarged Mother area.
Leaving the veg and flower show all to your LEDs...... 20L pots minimum....
I got strains that will test them LEDs properly.
Thats Week 3 of Flower, mixed strain, 2 gallon coco pots, hand watered under 2 x 315w CMH lights.....

I wouldnt usually set a room like that up but I think it could be interesting.
I have high ceilings , easy access to good cool air and easy extraction point.

I think I have almost everything except 70/30 coco, lots of cloning , full range of H&G Nutrients.... Would even use a PH pen and measure EC if you wanted....
I only measure ph with my plants.

I think 16 plants, 20L pots is doeable...bigger pots would be better.... Lol...35-50L...indoor jungle of buds.
Carbon filters are on me...

LR72

@SmokeSara I'm wondering if there is an add on cable for the sp-250 so I can mount the driver outside of the tent. The temperature in the tent is holding steady at 77°f but with summer coming looking to keep the heat out as much as possible.
Thanks
StaySharp

Hey I have a mars hydro 144 reflector and I’m looking to replace all of the reflectors. I’m wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction for this , I bought the light used in great shape but the reflectors are peeling, I want to do a journal on the light and what it does but I want it to look picture perfect . Can someone please help me find out where to buy the reflectors . It would mean a lot to me.

Hey I have a mars hydro 144 reflector and I’m looking to replace all of the reflectors. I’m wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction for this , I bought the light used in great shape but the reflectors are peeling, I want to do a journal on the light and what it does but I want it to look picture perfect . Can someone please help me find out where to buy the reflectors . It would mean a lot to me.

@SmokeSara will hook you up!

Welcome to :420::passitleft:

A couple bud pic from the sp250 and pros

20190424_225619_Film3.jpg
20190424_225651_Film3.jpg
20190424_225725_Film3.jpg
20190424_225752_Film3.jpg
20190424_225843_Film3.jpg
20190424_225905_Film3.jpg
20190424_230030_Film3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom