Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

One question, do you like the separate UV and IR bars? Or do you prefer to mix UV and IR directly on the led board?

In a perfect world, I'd like to add UV separately. That way, you won't have to raise the price enough to cover the cost of a separate power cord and switch so that we can run the UV from a different timer. Plus, a fluorescent tube and simple fixture is probably cheaper than the aforementioned components plus UV diodes.

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about the IR part of the question but, if pressed, sure, keep it on the product for the convenience of the thing. I don't think it causes any issues, at least in moderation. If I'm not mistaken, you don't add much IR output per product, and it seems to be of the relatively narrow wavelength end of the IR portion of the spectrum, anyway, presumably at or somewhat near 700nm (as opposed to a mixture of that, mid-IR, and the longer-wavelength stuff closer to 1 mm).

Hey, @Icemud , if you happen to see my "page," what are your opinions about the inclusion - or, alternatively, exclusion - of IR and UV output on the Mars Hydro LED products, versus having them separate. And do you have any wavelength recommendations for either or both?

In a perfect world, I'd like to add UV separately. That way, you won't have to raise the price enough to cover the cost of a separate power cord and switch so that we can run the UV from a different timer. Plus, a fluorescent tube and simple fixture is probably cheaper than the aforementioned components plus UV diodes.

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about the IR part of the question but, if pressed, sure, keep it on the product for the convenience of the thing. I don't think it causes any issues, at least in moderation. If I'm not mistaken, you don't add much IR output per product, and it seems to be of the relatively narrow wavelength end of the IR portion of the spectrum, anyway, presumably at or somewhat near 700nm (as opposed to a mixture of that, mid-IR, and the longer-wavelength stuff closer to 1 mm).

Hey, @Icemud , if you happen to see my "page," what are your opinions about the inclusion - or, alternatively, exclusion - of IR and UV output on the Mars Hydro LED products, versus having them separate. And do you have any wavelength recommendations for either or both?
bloody hell , I have stepped into another realm now.lol The knowledge here astounds me often. Is the light on or off is my level now.

One question, do you like the separate UV and IR bars? Or do you prefer to mix UV and IR directly on the led board?
For me , to not have to concern myself with another product to add for light needed is rhe way so inbuilt all the way but... I would love to see a manufacturer that could achieve some Moonlight benefits to a cycle for lights off and plant signalling seasons. kind of the same cycle as the moon goes through and the illumination it produces itself ( now we know the moons light is not reflecting the sun but its own lumens. ). Would be a first for a light maker to consider the moon cycles as a natural signal for flowering when needed?.

Yes, his journal thread is here:

Hey folks.
Anyone got the FC3000 yet?
Yep :ciao:
I’m amazed by it too.
I just harvested two plants with (previously) impossibly tight buds and greener, healthier leaves than I’m used to seeing low down on a plant.
I haven’t done any weight comparisons yet with the old HPS, but we are already happy enough to be looking at Mars Hydro lighting for garden expansions.
Complete LED newbie here.

Hi @SmokeSara ! Love me some TS3000's. Gonna need more soon!

IMG_20201015_115519413_HDR.jpg

Hello,

@SmokeSara

There’s one thing I can’t wrap my mind around. Why is Mars Hydro opting for an in-house PAR test video of its FC6500 instead of having it done by TRUSTED INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTIES like Doctor MJ Coco or Shane from Migro. That would essentially prove Mars Hydro confidence in their products. It’d be the only way to have data that could be regarded as UNBIASED.

Hello,

@SmokeSara

There’s one thing I can’t wrap my mind around. Why is Mars Hydro opting for an in-house PAR test video of its FC6500 instead of having it done by TRUSTED INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTIES like Doctor MJ Coco or Shane from Migro. That would essentially prove Mars Hydro confidence in their products. It’d be the only way to have data that could be regarded as UNBIASED.
In the snowmobile helmet industry, safety testing is the same way. The high end brands pay for SNELL rating which is independant, DOT is via manufacturer supplied good faith tests. Snell rated helmets are typically WAY more expensive, and not necessarily that much more safe.

It's about results right? What here have you seen that makes you question Mars Hydro's claims? We all grow ALOT of top shelf shit with them.

Hey folks.

Yep :ciao:
I’m amazed by it too.
I just harvested two plants with (previously) impossibly tight buds and greener, healthier leaves than I’m used to seeing low down on a plant.
I haven’t done any weight comparisons yet with the old HPS, but we are already happy enough to be looking at Mars Hydro lighting for garden expansions.
Complete LED newbie here.
Brilliant to read that brother. they do build some amazing nuts. Mars all the way

Oh, 600-watt Centronics driver, nice! And it's programmable, with some interesting features - but the software to do that requires a Microsoft OS :( .

Still works in the traditional manner, though, so that'll only be of interest to the kind of computer nerds who... ironically, often tend to run a linux OS, lol.

In the snowmobile helmet industry, safety testing is the same way. The high end brands pay for SNELL rating which is independant, DOT is via manufacturer supplied good faith tests. Snell rated helmets are typically WAY more expensive, and not necessarily that much more safe.

The last motorcycle helmet I bought cost $52 :rofl: .

SNELL is a nonprofit entity. One of the entities that Baya suggested sells his own LED products, and also presumably makes a few bucks here and there via his YouTube channel (although it wouldn't be anywhere near the "I just bought a Ford GT" level of, for example, Doug Demuro). The other is also making money, via his book/website/affiliate links. While they probably meet the technical definition of "independent," they have a profit motive and might not fit the spirit of the thing.

Back
Top Bottom