Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Believe it or not Advance still makes one of the best panels. Once they added the XML's they really stepped up there game. Any Panel that has the base 2 blue wavelengths and 2 red wavelengths with some whites thrown in to hit accessory pigments will work. To get the ratio dialed in to get exceptional growth takes a lot or time, money, and testing.

Jon, I may have misspoken. What I should have said is, those results would have meant that in my testing pattern that I had done something wrong with my spectral distribution as you received 1 ounce per plant more with the HID lighting than with the LED. I look at the base numbers 62.5 watts per square foot vise 37.5 of LED. Then the weight received from each. or the total weight per square foot of growth area.

thanks hose, i spoke to you a while back on steve's led post.. your tech info and thorough knowledge reassured me that i was picking the right company..(Advanced):Namaste::thanks: I've been happy with the xml 350 for what?.....4 pulls since april.

Do you mean like they talk about in this article?

Subcool's Super Soil Step-by-Step | High Times

Or is that a brand-name?

Your right on, Subcool Supersoil is the bomb. Jon705 just started using it and he said he was getting just about as much growth as with hydro and all he had to do was add water. Just remember that recipe is for a lot of soil so you would have to cut back the recipe and can save some money, also the recipe is mostly a base so you can add to it but by its self it will get you through flowering.

Your right on, Subcool Supersoil is the bomb. Jon705 just started using it and he said he was getting just about as much growth as with hydro and all he had to do was add water. Just remember that recipe is for a lot of soil so you would have to cut back the recipe and can save some money, also the recipe is mostly a base so you can add to it but by its self it will get you through flowering.

The Super Soil isnt a base its a concentrate that WILL burn your plants if used alone. You need to use a base soil with it. Super Soil in the bottom of the pot and Base Soil in the top half that you put your clones into and allow the roots to grow into the Super Soil.

I just started using it myself and have 8 Blue Dreams 11 days into flower.

I would definitely cut the recipe in half unless youre growing alot of plants. We spent about 250$ and thats just for the recipe not counting the bags of soil to be used on the top half of the pots.

lol having said that, after reading thru this entire post i am impressed with the c/s of sara and her co-workers and Topled..hmmm guess who's gonna be ordering one soon!? Now to find that post that listed all the lights or is the website back up and running?

It's funny how things come full circle. It wasn't so long ago that I remember people laughing about things being "made in China" and how superior the quality and workmanship of things are from the US.

Now, I would prefer to buy my car from Japan or the UK, my cell phone from South Korea and my lights from China. LOL

And I will absolutely tell you this... The customer service that I have received from TopLED and Sara has surpassed anything I have received in many years from whatever other country you care to name.

I will add that I just bought a 4' x 4' Grow Tent (not sure if I can name the name here), but I bought it directly from the manufacture which is readily available for anyone to call. They are known as the toughest, most durable tent and named after an animal. They too gave me tremendous service.

And I bought the 4' x 4' tent because of the capacity of the four-part COB light from TopLED. The tent will be used for vegging and maintaining my mothers.

Sara put up with me asking way to many questions than I probably should have asked and was patient with me throughout. The best customer service anyone could hope for.

(disclaimer - in no way am I putting down the quality of workmanship of things from the US. It is more a statement of how much other parts of the world have risen in this global economy. So no hater comments please.)

Fantastic. I would love to chat further about this with you and CascadianDank - but don't want to hijack the thread here. And unfortunately, I can't PM you.

Is there another forum that you might suggest where we can chat about this?

i love s soil but i find the concept of plants dipping their roots in selectively to be a bit wonky i have de-potted many plants and never seen them not packed full of roots at the bottom my version of supersoil wont burn them as long as they are not babies and properly "cooked" s soil should not ever burn as the mike o rizy did its job the nutrients should be well chelated/digested im not sure what in the subcool recipe would burn plants,as i remember it was mostly natural ingredients,perhaps its just a strength thing, but in any case no denying its a good method ,i never put young plants (a month or less) in the main mix ,for youngins its coco with a few things and weak food then when they are mature and hit the big pots and mix they go bonkers! lol

The Super Soil isnt a base its a concentrate that WILL burn your plants if used alone. You need to use a base soil with it. Super Soil in the bottom of the pot and Base Soil in the top half that you put your clones into and allow the roots to grow into the Super Soil.

I just started using it myself and have 8 Blue Dreams 11 days into flower.

I would definitely cut the recipe in half unless youre growing alot of plants. We spent about 250$ and thats just for the recipe not counting the bags of soil to be used on the top half of the pots.

I think you mistook what I ment by "base" but thanks for half way clearing it up.

Here's what you can do with the smallest mars 2 80x5watt
Or at least what I've done so far
Flo14.jpg
Flo13.jpg
Flo10.jpg
Flo111.jpg
Flo12.jpg
Flo33.jpg
Flo9.jpg
Flo21.jpg

Hi SmokeSara!

I am new here and I have been reading along with the progress of grows with your lights, and I must say that they look very good!
I tried to visit your website today but it is down for me. I would like to purchase one of the new COB lights or possibly a MarsII light, but I am not sure which one to get... I hope you can give me some options so I can buy through you!

Thanks
Joe

Joe, please email me, I will give you advice. thank u .
Hi SmokeSara!

I am new here and I have been reading along with the progress of grows with your lights, and I must say that they look very good!
I tried to visit your website today but it is down for me. I would like to purchase one of the new COB lights or possibly a MarsII light, but I am not sure which one to get... I hope you can give me some options so I can buy through you!

Thanks
Joe

Back
Top Bottom