Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Their website leaves something to be desired. But if the price is right I want one or two. I want their best flowering one but cannot figure out which that is?

They are the manufacturer so specialize more in making the lights then in retail packaging, websites etc.

The price is definitely right.

I bought one of the new four-part COB lights that I will be using for veg, and 2x of the Mars ll 1200 (5 watt) lights, for flowering.

For flowering, I really like the 5 W LEDs. They have these in their Mars ll series. And they are priced really nicely. About one third of what traditional retail vendors are selling lights of this power for.

And their customer service is out of this world. Extremely friendly and helpful.

According to my tracking information, my lights will arrive both from United States and China one week from my order date. It just doesn't get much better than this.

240x5 seems to be the biggest.

BigIrishDude (BID) looks like he will be doing better than 1 g per watt on the smallest Mars ll light on his grow. I'm hoping for at least that if not more on my 1200s. With two of them, that should be in excess of 1000 g. I would be happy with that. :)

I got the biggest ones (240x5) because I wanted all the watts I could get to help increase the yield. Can't wait to get them and put them in the use.

Hey draxlin! I ordered the 9 part COB light from Sara yesterday, also a 1st timer myself. I'm really excited to get the light, I went with the 9 part for those extra lumens, so I don't think I will be disappointed. One question, how did you decide on the grow method/medium for your first grow? I still haven't figured that out yet :tokin:

Hey draxlin! I ordered the 9 part COB light from Sara yesterday, also a 1st timer myself. I'm really excited to get the light, I went with the 9 part for those extra lumens, so I don't think I will be disappointed. One question, how did you decide on the grow method/medium for your first grow? I still haven't figured that out yet :tokin:

If you have time, report back on that 9 reflector lamp. That's the one I'm thinking about getting. About to start a grow with my MH and HPS lamps, but I'd really like to be able to grow when the weather's hot, and I can't do that with the big ol' hot bulbs.

Dear all my friends, I will leave 10days from tomorrow for my brother's wedding. so I can not reply your emails ASAP. but I will try my best to reply you faster. thank you all. Have a nice day.

Dear all my friends, I will leave 10days from tomorrow for my brother's wedding. so I can not reply your emails ASAP. but I will try my best to reply you faster. thank you all. Have a nice day.

Hope you have a great time!

I would recommend soil it's a little easier than hydro for your first grow.

I love this light man; i'm sure you will too. It seems to be a really solid, quality built unit. As you know this is my first grow, so this is all new to me too. The 4x4 unit, easily lights the largest chamber of my cabinet. I've been considering buying another unit from TopLED for my my cloning chamber too. I've some heating issues with that space that I haven't ironed out yet. I just haven't had time to look into the available units or prices. This would take a smaller form factor light, as the space is relatively small. Just check out my signature to view my cabinet build.

I decided to use soil as I figured it would be the easiest as a beginner. I am not fortunate enough to live in a location where it is legal to own, smoke or cultivate yet. So I had to make my box with some "stealth" in mind. That being the case I decided upon the SCROG method, as it seems to be my best chance at a good, quality yield with the space I have.

@Draxlinn man scrog is going to be great oh and might i add using led u need height right so being that i have grown with cfl compact florescent light would be a great option given that u great great growth not too hot for veg clone and seeding diy a a light hood on youtube ill pm u some some diy if ur interested?

Back
Top Bottom