Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey thanks sara for another update and for the solution.
Will those lights have to go through customs?
Next week sounds fantastic!!!!!:thanks:

Dear all my friends, I have arranged your shipping document to factory, they will arrange shipment for you tomorrow. tracking number has been sent to your email address,it will not work untill we ship out. if you did not get tracking number, please email me, I will check for you. Tomorrow morning I will have a meeting at alibaba, so I can not reply you very fast. but I will try my best to reply you as fast as I can.:) have a nice day.:high-five:

Dear All my friends. I got message from Jon705, he said his 240x5w led grow light with area51's spectrum is working great, and I can sell it to customers now. so I add his spectrum to our website, when you order , you can choose spectrum now. red, white and infrared is Jon705's spectrum. welcome to order from us. We can not give you discount if you order on blackfriday. but we can send you yo-yo hanger as gift if you order from 29th,November~1th,December. so welcome to order from us.

Hi Sara and all Led experts!!!
I need to start off to give a big up to Sara and her exelent custom service she is providing, Thank you Sara,
Also a big UP to Jon and BiD and every one who have contribute to gather all this info on topled,
Im just in the process of changing my 2 600w HPS to mars2 lights but I wonder if their is an advatage of having several smaller panels rather then bigger ones? IS it just the coverage areas that different or is it the penetration to?
I only need them for flowering so all will have same spectrum as Jon705

Peace

Personally from my led grows if you are switching from 2 600 hps. I would say that
2 900s would do the trick...or at least 2 700 panels.
I been using 357 magnum plus 2 for my grows and I just bought a 700 just to do
A side by side test....I always thought that the footprint is way smaller with the smaller panels
That's just my two cents

Im having plant in different stages in my grow so thought I would benefit from having several smaller panels so I can hang then at different hight, But I will listen to experts this time and not go with what I think as I usually do,
You still would go with bigger panels?

Are they all gonna be in one room at different stages?
If so I would get the biggest panel I could. If not then yes
You could use different sizes at different stages...I personally
always go with more than to go less...I don't like larfy buds

As for sound...
.I'm not sure how loud mars 2 are but I barely hear anything off of my magnums+2
I'm using 10 of them in my flower room and its quiet. I do have an 8 inch blower
that kicks on from time to time and that makes noise but led lights are quiet

Im having plant in different stages in my grow so thought I would benefit from having several smaller panels so I can hang then at different hight, But I will listen to experts this time and not go with what I think as I usually do,
You still would go with bigger panels?

I was thinking about doing he same thing. I would assume 3 X 400 would perform the same as 1 X 1200. It the same diodes and same output, you could just 'spread' out light more and have more even coverage. And IMO more flexibility with set up. But I think overall performance would be about the same.

But, from website, the 400 is 245.99 so 3 would be ~$750 and one 1200 is $539.99. os is the extra cost worth the flexibility to you? also might want to consider if buy one big panel and it breaks, you are totally fed, but with 3 smaller ones, chances are small that all 3 crap out at same time.

Ahh does any one have a db reading on how much noise the mars 2 puts out? Sara maybe ;)
I just so happen to have a DB meter so I will take a reading and report back, I can Telly you it's very very quiet softer than a human whisper,a common 4 inch desk fan on low is louder!
I was thinking about doing he same thing. I would assume 3 X 400 would perform the same as 1 X 1200. It the same diodes and same output, you could just 'spread' out light more and have more even coverage. And IMO more flexibility with set up. But I think overall performance would be about the same.

But, from website, the 400 is 245.99 so 3 would be ~$750 and one 1200 is $539.99. os is the extra cost worth the flexibility to you? also might want to consider if buy one big panel and it breaks, you are totally fed, but with 3 smaller ones, chances are small that all 3 crap out at same time.
That's what I've been saying!! Thank you! I bet Sara would give you a deal on several ,the thing is like you said it's more versatile! And if (God forbid) one goes out your not out all your light! The internals are all the same so a bigger light is not brighter just more light! I like the idea of being able to hit the plants From different angles, or be able to surround a big plant with 4 panels tilted to point to the center ,there's a reason big companies have walls of cloned redundant servers, data banks etc! My plan goes unchanged I'm getting at least 3 more of the same panel I have, if I have a plant that's taller or shorter I can accommodate for that without disturbing the rest, I learned the concept when I went from cfl's to hps my hps went out and it was a frantic disaster and a scramble to get the cfl's back in,while the hps was rma'd all my plants hermied ,but if a cfl went out no biggy just swap it out plants never missed a beat, redundancy is my friend!:thumb::thumb:
P.s. Shipping to return 1 small light is cheaper, with 4 small ones you can actually get way more light pointed at 1 spot than is possible with the biggest light made picture 10 of the mars II 400S in a circle All tilted to point to the center of the circle tell me that would not be much brighter than 1 big light, (tho I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this lol)
Even if you don't get a discount (but Sara is awesome!) Imho it's worth it to me to have the added versatility and peace of mind
And also it your setup changed say from a square to a rectangle or whatever you can rearrange the configuration,and if you decide you want to downsize for a bit or setup a breeding run ,it would be easy to pull out 1 panel for a little while, as you can see I have giving this much thought:thumb:

Those last two responses are great.
I never considered the cost difference
between the led panels. The different angles of lights interest me.
Right now I have 10 magnum 357+2 over my plants and my thoughts
have me wondering if I can perhaps use these as side lighting for my grow room.
I will be doing so serious testing with this panel I just ordered. I had to convince
my grow partners to make the switch to leds about two years ago and we bought
Magnums. We have had near perfect results. Its just hard to convince them to buy ten more of these
panels because they are old head mh/hps folks.
Seeing the great results from this thread. I'm convinced that we will no longer
Be buying the magnums anymore and totally be buying theses panels instead.
The magnums are way overpriced for what they truely are.
I chose a 700 watt model because I wanna see how it compares.
I will be doing a side by side grow . Everything will be the same
I been growing g13 pineapple express and love this heady strain.
I also grow grape god, critcal mass ,and blue dream .

What is the status of this situation? Did you get an LED light to test? Is anyone testing this line of LED lights at all? Any journals to read and view pictures at all from anyone with one of these lights?

What is the status of this situation? Did you get an LED light to test? Is anyone testing this line of LED lights at all? Any journals to read and view pictures at all from anyone with one of these lights?

Did you read the previous 78 pages in this thread? There are plenty of people testing this line of LED lights in this thread and others. Not to mention on the other forum sites as well.

Back
Top Bottom