Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

This is my first post on 420Mag - Hello everyone!

I'm planning the gear for setting up my first indoor grow, and the info in this forum has been so precious. Thank you all :)

From what I've been seeing in the forum these LED lights from SmokeSara seem really good and not that expensive.

I'd like to know what you guys think of the Reflector LED Grow light 96x3w (reflector led grow light 96x3w) for a 60x60x160cm grow tent (approx 2x2x5ft) - is it enough light, to much, not enough?

@SmokeSara (tried to PM you, but need 50 posts before being able to send PM)
I live in a EU country and would like not to go collect the product at the customs and pay extra taxes - do you have this product stored in a European Warehouse?
What is the approximate shipping costs inside Europe?
The reflector 96x3w will be plenty for a 2x2x5, I have mine in a 3x3x7 and also bought a MarsII 400 to pair with it and have yet to hang the MarsII, it's still in the box cause the reflector does the job very well on its own for that space.

The reflector 96x3w will be plenty for a 2x2x5, I have mine in a 3x3x7 and also bought a MarsII 400 to pair with it and have yet to hang the MarsII, it's still in the box cause the reflector does the job very well on its own for that space.

Thanks for the feedback Alex0601.

Actually now that you mentioned the Mars II LED, I started looking into the Mars II LED Grow Light 400w. At first I thought it would consume to much energy, but looking at the specs, even though has more output W the draw power is identical to the Reflector LED - I'm assuming draw power is the energy consumed - is it correct? If it is the same then the Mars would be better right? More light, same electricity bill :) And due to its square shape, like the tent the light would be better distributed.

What your thoughts?

SmokeSara do you have both these in EU warehouse?

I keep my Mars II about 18 inches from canopy in a 5 ft tall box. Hasn't shown any ill effects, but being my first grow I wouldn't be able to tell if they're stunted or not. But plant looks and smells great

Thanks for the feedback Alex0601.

Actually now that you mentioned the Mars II LED, I started looking into the Mars II LED Grow Light 400w. At first I thought it would consume to much energy, but looking at the specs, even though has more output W the draw power is identical to the Reflector LED - I'm assuming draw power is the energy consumed - is it correct? If it is the same then the Mars would be better right? More light, same electricity bill :) And due to its square shape, like the tent the light would be better distributed.

What your thoughts?

SmokeSara do you have both these in EU warehouse?

Yes draw power=power consumption, I'm certain the MarsII 400 would work wonderful for your needs, I have this light but yet to use, I have seen very good things on this forum with it but all these LEDs are great, my next grow I'm gonna hook up my MarsII and then will be able to compare all models from topled. In your 2x2 space u will be happy with any light u chose, I have a old model 300w bought for $139 shipped going in a 2x2x5 dr60, it's been working wonderful all year! I have thought about switching this light out and hook up the Mars but it's doing so so well, that plant was moved from under the reflector 96x3w to the old model few weeks ago an it's been vigorous as hell!!
image9991.jpg
image9991.jpg

That plant is going to fill the tent entirely an then some, I can't wait!! Topped her like 4 times and vegged bout 10 weeks :)
Very nice. With that training and good veg time you are on your way to a awesome grow. Much respect.

Alex, that sure is a beautiful looking plant, but 10 weeks to get it to that size is insane, was this from seed? Normally for me to get a plant to that size it takes about 3-4 weeks tops (from clone).... seems to be very slow to me!?

hi, TomaHawkpt! welcome to 420Mag. you can email me ,and i will tell u the details. :love: :thanks:

I'm planning the gear for setting up my first indoor grow, and the info in this forum has been so precious. Thank you all :)

From what I've been seeing in the forum these LED lights from SmokeSara seem really good and not that expensive.

I'd like to know what you guys think of the Reflector LED Grow light 96x3w (reflector led grow light 96x3w) for a 60x60x160cm grow tent (approx 2x2x5ft) - is it enough light, to much, not enough?

I live in a EU country and would like not to go collect the product at the customs and pay extra taxes - do you have this product stored in a European Warehouse?

hi, TomaHawKPT. you can email me and i will tell u details.:):):circle-of-love:

Alex, thanks for your sharing!:love::love::love::passitleft:
Yes draw power=power consumption, I'm certain the MarsII 400 would work wonderful for your needs, I have this light but yet to use, I have seen very good things on this forum with it but all these LEDs are great, my next grow I'm gonna hook up my MarsII and then will be able to compare all models from topled. In your 2x2 space u will be happy with any light u chose, I have a old model 300w bought for $139 shipped going in a 2x2x5 dr60, it's been working wonderful all year! I have thought about switching this light out and hook up the Mars but it's doing so so well, that plant was moved from under the reflector 96x3w to the old model few weeks ago an it's been vigorous as hell!!
image9991.jpg
image9991.jpg

Nice photos Alex0601. I'd like to ask what the medium and technique you are using. Is that a hempy bucket?

And TomaHawKPT, welcome to 420Magazine. I am also a newbie here, but I can tell you with the short period of time I have been here I have found the people here to be ultra-friendly and wonderful. And all of the forums are a great read with lots of interesting information on growing especially.

Hi Robertr,

This thread is for the sponsor Top LED. They can only discuss Top LEDs here. There are many other threads here that are just personal journals where you can ask questions.

I hope that helps!:Namaste:
:420:

:welcome: Robertr, read more here, you will know where you should go:)
What is the most popular LED grow light brand for most people?

Back
Top Bottom