Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I do not have that app. :( I do not use iphone, I will ask our factory check that .
Can you check the decibel with your phone?

I am just wondering, why not use "Sun" directly. :peace: Sun series. we will use CREE, pro-sun series. haha.

I did suggest "The Sun" few pages back hehe, it's a grate name. When you think of Sun you think Bright automatically.

Hi SmokeSara,

I am new to the forums, and this is my first post :) So hello all!

Can you help me? I want to buy 2 Lights:
Mars II LED Grow Light 1200w + Standard Spectrum + UK Shipping
Reflector LED Grow light 96x3w + UK Shipping

Do you have stock of these in the UK?

Thanks a Mil

Hi SmokeSara,

Thanks a Mil

Welcome to :420: fellow brit..

With those lights you will have a banging set up.. Hope it all works out well for ya..

If you fancy sharing your grow with us, start a journal..

You will get all the help you need on here.. Very friendly bunch. All the keyboard ninjas use other sites

:Namaste:

Hi Budworshipper,

Thanks for the friendly welcome! I have some family in the UK and they are bringing the light to an "undisclosed" location, so I would like to share but I question the prudence of such an action :p

I look forward to being a part of the community here :)

Welcome to :420: fellow brit..

With those lights you will have a banging set up.. Hope it all works out well for ya..

If you fancy sharing your grow with us, start a journal..

You will get all the help you need on here.. Very friendly bunch. All the keyboard ninjas use other sites

:welcome:yes,we have them stock in uk.please feel free to order,ty.
Hi SmokeSara,

Thanks a Mil

Best selling point for grow lights, ever: "Avoid looking directly at the LEDs - the LEDs are very intense and may cause visual color distortion, "spots" or temporary blindness." :thumb:

I'll be getting one of these in the next month or so. LED Grow Light 100x3w - Mars Hydro

:)

I am thinking about getting one of these for my veg closet. The price seems right.

Supergroomer

Best selling point for grow lights, ever: "Avoid looking directly at the LEDs - the LEDs are very intense and may cause visual color distortion, "spots" or temporary blindness." :thumb:

I'll be getting one of these in the next month or so. LED Grow Light 100x3w - Mars Hydro

:)

So the Veg spectrum uses less electricity then the flower spectrum?

Supergroomer

I think so. during bloom I would want all the lights on. to best honest I would want all the lights on after the first week or two of veg as well. the switches give the user the option.

How are the mars 2 with radio frequency? do they give off RF? will i or neighbors experience interference through either cable/internet/phone? searched the thread and nothing...worst case anyone have a AM/FM radio? put it close to your mars 2 1200 for me :) ?tell me if satic happens pleaseee

I've not noticed any problems, but after reading the other discussion it's probably because my lights are pointing at the basement floor. :blalol:

Sara,

I hope my english explanations are not too difficult for you and you find my feedback useful. It's very nice when mfgrs are responsive to problems reports, even if they are pretty minor.

I tried a few sockets on PC's I own and found that all IEC 320 sockets taper and use a press fit like a cork in a bottle to help hold the connector in the socket. The sockets MH are using work just fine, but they require a lot more force to get the cord to seat in the socket than the typical piece of consumer equipment. Although it's harder to plug in properly, the tight fit makes it less likely to wiggle loose. Perhaps the tight fit is a feature, not a bug :)

This connector is not really designed to terminate a regularly flexing cable. I've often seen the right angle end cord with cable to case clamps I mentioned on rack mount equipment which pulls out from the rack for service. If the clamps are not used, the power cords can easily become unplugged as the equipment is moved. The same issue happens when lights are raised and lowered. Bouncing power sources are pretty hard on equipment. Perhaps this is one of causes of the PS failures. I know one of my lights went blinkety, blink a bunch of times until I plugged it in better. I always worry about my electronics when I see that happen.

You do have to push them in very hard. Once. :thumb:

I thought your English was great!

I like the plugs myself. A right angle connector would be problematic for those of us who's cables go up. I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where, even with my lights on a mover, I would want a right angle connector. My cords always go up to the ceiling, then out to the walls. Even when I ran my light mover. If I moved my LED, the cord would go from the light, UP to the mover, then out. So from the light's perspective, the cord doesn't really move.

I just noticed the movement you're talking about is the raising and lowering to service the plants.

You're certainly right that some sort of tether would make it more secure. It would add cost though. My solution, while not as secure as the type used on server racks (I am a sysadmin by day), minimizes the cable movement and is super easy... just clip the cord through that carabiner used to suspend the lights. If you want it real secure, wrap it around a couple times. :thumb:

I raise and lower mine a lot, and have not found any evidence of a plug coming loose. :)

Back
Top Bottom