Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I know what the internet says but I want to know from a grower.....how far should a mars 300 be away from a seedling

MOST of my seeds do well at 18". That being said, I have a Critical Jack that I am growing for the Mars cup that got light bleaching at that height so she is now at 28" and getting some color back. I like to keep them as close as I can, with out bleaching. You may see differences in different strains. The veg tent is under a Mars 400. I have 4 300s hanging sideways in the flower tent for side lighting and they get as close as 6 or 8". :circle-of-love::peace:

I know what the internet says but I want to know from a grower.....how far should a mars 300 be away from a seedling

I have my 300s about 30 inches or a tad less from my seedlings

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would have it 65cm from seedlings and let them grow and stretch into it a bit. They will find the sweet spot :)
Here my main lines I am going to trim and train shortly reall not sure how to do this with the auto still in there

received_10154916091026465.jpeg
received_10154916091661465.jpeg

MOST of my seeds do well at 18". That being said, I have a Critical Jack that I am growing for the Mars cup that got light bleaching at that height so she is now at 28" and getting some color back. I like to keep them as close as I can, with out bleaching. You may see differences in different strains. The veg tent is under a Mars 400. I have 4 300s hanging sideways in the flower tent for side lighting and they get as close as 6 or 8". :circle-of-love::peace:

Hey Super, Have a question, wondered if you could help, I have been running 11 of there lights for over 3 years now mostly 3 watt chips, do you know what size the zener diode is for a 3 and 5 watt led chip, Thanks for your time, If not maybe Sara can get the Info for me. I run my 300 about 24-26 inches above my seedlings. I am hoping to start my Journal for the cup in a few days.:circle-of-love::volcano-smiley:

I put my Mars pro II 320's about 40cm from the pots. That worked very well for me.

I too am truly a LED fanatic after using LED for a year. I never had such great results with HPS

With 40cm I got no stretching at all. I prefer to have them short and bushy so I keep the lights as close as possible

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

id love one dedicated to the best possible bloom,i veg with t5 & i love my 6 bulb 4 footer i can run 2,4,or 6 and if i keep it close the nodes will be 1/4 inch apart, and they grow really fast with all 6 going and temps in the right range,the entire area of the 2x4 tent is light above the plants i like that they dont lean or reach any way but up,, i would probably never use the veg setting on an led, just my thoughts ,i would probably try the led for veg once,just to see
So you veg under t5 hey? Would you recommend a particular bulb? How many bulbs per plant? Do you still need to deal with excess heat?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've been curious about trying it
Raised clones under fluorescent light but always moved under mh and/or hps for veg/flower.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom